“Beautiful Historic Charmer”
Review of Rosen House Inn

Rosen House Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We enjoyed a long weekend stay at the Rosen House when we went to Ft. Worth for a wedding. "Mom" was a lovely hostess and we were made to feel very welcome here. The breakfasts were so tasty and very filling - and different every morning. I will also say that they served the best coffee I have ever had anywhere! Our room was spacious and the bathrooms are fully modern and large - but they maintain the historic charm. The location was perfect for us. It's very close to downtown and easy to get on the highway too. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Ft. Worth. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I and two women friends stayed at Rosen House for a long weekend and were very happy with the accomodations. The breakfasts are plentiful and Deb cheerfully accommodated dietary restrictions, which we appreciated very much. (She even offered to make unrequested adaptations after noticing what my friend did and didn't eat - so nice!) Our room had a HUGE bathroom, which was great for three women! We could all use it at the same time, which got us on our way more efficiently, each morning. The location is a short drive to downtown Ft. Worth and there are good restaurants within easy walking distance and good recommendations will be offered, if you ask. I would happily stay here again if I'm ever back in Ft. Worth!

Room Tip: The Fairmount Suite will accomodate three people quite nicely, with a comfy sleeper couch.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed here for a night out after visiting the Stockyards. Hosts were accommodating and friendly. Told us about the property, accommodations, history, and visited. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful. There were great cookies upon arrival and a bottle of wine included in the room. We were not used to the bed and could have slept better but this is normal. Property is beautiful! There are places within walking distance or you can drive around town.

Room Tip: Use website and calendar for pics when choosing a room. We stayed in the Magnolia and we enjoyed it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chrisnrobt
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the B&B during the Fort Worth Stock Show. This B&B is lovely. The location is perfect to downtown and the Will Rogers Memorial Coliesum. Loved the off street secure parking and the secure code for entering the home. The breakfast was excellent with lots of variety of sweet and savory. Portions were more than plentiul. We stayed in the Fairmount Suite. It is spacious and the bathroom is so full of character. The separate shower was great, along with the socking tub. Could have used a space heater in the bath as it was rather chilly. This house is filled with antiques and tastefully decorted. A true gem. Felt as if we were staying with family. Due to the winter weather we were delayed in Birmingham, Ala and Deb and Kelly were so gracious and waited up for our arrival. Can't ask for better than that. If you are in the Fort Worth area and looking for somewhere unique to stay, this is absolutely the best fine. Hope to return again next year during the stock show.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room, but if you prefer a separate shower the Fairmount Suite is the one for you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I spent one night at Rosen house, I am so glad we chose to stay at the Rosen house instead of a hotel. It was the perfect place to stay. A lovely room, wonderful breakfast and great company! Next time we are back in the Dallas area for one of our daughters soccer games we will defitenly be staying at the Rosen house again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ckrutz27
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This lovely B&B is located in the Fairmount Historic District, an up-and-coming, but not fussy, neighborhood close to downtown, just a few blocks' walk from the West Magnolia Avenue restaurant strip. The rooms are decorated with an old-fashioned aesthetic, with lots of attention to detail from the bathroom floor tiles to the knicknacks (hat boxes, hair brushes, antique valises). Kelly and her mother Deb are friendly hosts who adapted well to my dietary restrictions as they prepared their large and tasty (but again not fussy) breakfasts. It was particularly relaxing, after a long workday, to come home to cozy surroundings, reliable wifi, a swimming pool and a hot tub. I definitely recommend the Fairmount Suite, where I stayed, with its sleigh bed, famously huge bathroom, modern shower, and clawfoot tub, but should note to business travelers that the only desk is in the bathroom. A special note to male travelers: If you enjoy the feel of an old-fashioned barber shop, walk to The Barber, 1264 West Magnolia, and let Jorge treat you right for $12. And to vegetarians and vegans: Check out the simple, delicious fare at Spiral Diner, 1314 West Magnolia.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NC-Traveler-47
Reviewed 26 August 2013

If I revisit the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I'd definitely stay at Rosen House again. My husband & I stayed in the Fairmount room which included a bathroom that was as spacious as the online pictures led me to believe. I especially enjoyed swimming in the backyard private pool. The breakfasts were beautifully prepared and served. I just wish I'd had more time to enjoy sitting on the inviting front porch. For us the location was perfect; close to all the places we wanted to visit. Our hostess Kelly was helpful with recommendations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple