“Comfortable but cluttered”
Review of Rosen House Inn

Rosen House Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this lovely home. The company at breakfast was very pleasant and the first floor was lovely. I only wish I'd had more time to swim or sit in the living room. My only comments are that my room was over decorated as was the upstairs public area. It was cluttered with too much stuff. The historic touches were nice but there was no open place to put my toiletries, space on the dressing table or a place for my suitcase. My things either had to go on the floor or I had to clear off the table top to put my jewelry and personal things. The pool was inviting but there was no direct access from the house. While the pool & deck was obviously well kept the adjacent back patio was filled with junky stuff that should have been hidden away in the garage.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa E
Kelly B, Owner at Rosen House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts on your visit to our BnB. We appreciate your thoughtful opinions. In the upstairs area I actually realized that we offer additional items during the warm/pool season: beach towel basket, laundry basket for wet towels which adds to the items in the hall. Thankfully, my dear friend gave me some ideas on how to minimize these items and clear this for guests. Of course, we are an historic home and each of our private bathrooms has a pedestal sink, which, as you noted does not have counter space. We think an additional small table may assist with that if set in between the sink and toilet, to address this need for our future guests. In regards to pool access, as we also reside in the bed and breakfast our guests enter the bnb from the front door and use the private gated/pool area behind the home accessible from the side porch to access this area. We love our guests, but we do appreciate our privacy in our home. My apologies for the back deck/entrance to our home. My mother in law, Deb has had some construction and new items being installed that week and, we had a painter working on the porch. These items are normally not located on our porch. They were accessible for our contract workers. We will be more vigilant of this. Each of our rooms offers a vintage trunk at the end of each bed for suitcase space. We do hope you can join us another time while you are in Fort Worth. Once again, thank you for your thoughts which have led to some new things for our guests to enjoy.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Kelly and Deb were the best of hosts. Nice quaint B&B. We stayed in the Ft Worth Room and it was comfy and roomy enough for us.

The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. I liked the gated parking and the secure access to the inn. Although we didn't use it, the pool is pretty neat.

A few tips. My wife is a bit more adventuresome than I am, being a 24 year infantry soldier I am much more aware of my surroundings. In driving through the neighborhoods to get to the Rosen House, I was bit skeptical. However, the inn is really located in a very nice area. So don't be concerned while driving in. Second, this is a historic older home. So the stairs and floors creak, the sink is well worn, bathroom door didn't close well and a few other things one can expect in an older home.

All these add character to this lovely home. We for sure will stay here again next time we find ourselves in Ft Worth.

Room Tip: We liked the Ft Worth room as it was a corner room, a window on either side which was nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was my second stay at the Rosen House Inn and it was just as lovely as my first. It is evident that a lot of care and consideration have gone into every welcoming detail. Kelly had amazing suggestions and information about the area and how to enjoy it to the fullest and we savored the breakfasts made from so much local fare.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is an awesome B&B that I recommend to everyone. It is situated in a very hip neighborhood with great food and culture. The house is very clean and restored, extra comfortable and very upscale. The owners are also quite incredible and welcoming preparing the best breakfast that I look forward to every time we stay.

Room Tip: The Fairmont Room is great for couples.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chad H
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I came here for four nights of our honeymoon in June. We had only read reviews and did some research to find this little gem. When we arrived, we were greeted by Deb, who treated us to chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of sparkling cider. She also had fresh cookies sitting on the table in the foyer. She was so hospitable to us our entire stay, and such a sweet lady. We enjoyed our conversations with her - my husband especially enjoyed talking with her about classic cars! Her son and daughter-in-law (the owners) were out of town, so she did a lot for all of us that week. What a great lady. She made us feel at home.

The house is beautiful. We love the history of this house, built in the early 1900's. It has sitting areas in the yard and on the porch that wraps around the entire front of the house. The interior is decorated with various antiques, taking us back in time. All of the guest rooms are upstairs with the guests' names on a chalkboard on each door. We also enjoyed the coffee and tea bar close to our room, which was wonderful in the afternoon after a day in town.

We stayed in the Fort Worth room; a small, homey little room with a walk-in shower and a queen-sized bed. It has his and hers closets and a dresser. There was also a bottle of wine in our room with two glasses. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the oatmeal soap in our bathroom!

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the breakfast is at this Inn. The first morning was a bread pudding that was to die for (and I do not usually like bread pudding). Also, we had so much of a selection whether bacon, eggs, potatoes, sausage, etc. I, personally, favored the fruit and yogurt parfait each morning - my husband loved the bacon! The freshly-ground coffee is another wonderful addition that will make anyone a morning person.

I recommend the Rosen House Inn to anyone taking a visit to the DFW area. It is a little-known gem located on Henderson Street. My husband and I will make a return visit for sure!

Thanks for a lovely stay, y'all. We love the Rosen House!

Room Tip: The Fort Worth Room is the smallest room, with a queen-sized bed, but has plenty of windows and a bi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding at the Inn back in March. Kelly, her husband and Deb made everything so easy and stress free. It rained on the day of the wedding and we quickly resorted to plan B and it was perfect. We started out each day with scrumptious breakfast and visiting with family.
Thank all of you so much for sharing your beautiful home and making us all feel like family.
We will be back next time we are in Fort Worth. Trina and Dave

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was my second time to stay at a B&B and my husband's first. What a wonderful experience!!!! Kelly was very accommodating with anything we needed and made us feel very welcome. The Magnolia room was very clean and spacious with vintage decor. We enjoyed swimming in the pool and sitting out on the wrap around porch. Her breakfast each morning was delicious with the best tasting bacon we have ever had. Her location is perfect and very close to anything you might want to do. It's in a very up and coming neighborhood with many restaurants just within walking distance. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple