“Disappointed and frustrated”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek
Ranked #81 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my stay in Fort Worth for 3 nights thru Hotels.com. My room was nice enough. I had the jacuzzi suite room. After a long drive, I was looking forward to the jacuzzi. I filled up the tub, got in and hit the button for the jets and nothing happened. I complained the next morning and was told that that room isn't reserved very often and the "master switch" hadn't been turned on. Later that day, I filled up the tub again, got in and hit the button for the jets and once again...nothing. I didn't bother to complain. The other complaint I had was the wi-fi connection popped off more than it stayed on. When I had complained about that, I was told that if there are lots of people trying to be on it, it does have a tendency to kick off. Sure didn't look like hotel was very busy so that didn't make sense. The other "reason" I was given for the Internet connection not staying connected was that someone might have a virus on their computer and the resources were being used up causing the connection to pop off. Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel and will not return to this hotel should I ever be in Fort Worth in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Good Value. Clean, modern hotel on the outskirts of Fort Worth.
Decent sized rooms with comfortable bed and tea/coffee making facilities. 20 minutes drive from Billy Bob's and down town. Friendly staff and ample choice for breakfast.

Room Tip: Good Sized rooms with comfortable bed and tea/coffee making facilities.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I had a good nights sleep here on my stopover to Fort Worth. This hotel did seem a little in the middle of nowhere, but once your navman gets you there it provides a large spacious clean room at a reasonable price.

The reception were also helpful where our reservation hadn't come through properly on a third party site, and we were able to check in and sort out the details later on.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

When you travel a lot as I do and eat out a lot, you get used to restaurants and hotels not living up to their own hype. Granted, Microtels are not hyped a lot, but all the same this MIcrotel was a pleasure to stay in. The staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. The room was beautiful and measured up to any other hotel that I've stayed in. The newer hotels such as this are building with and providing better, cleaner amenities and this Microtel was no exception. If you are staying in the Dallas/Forth Worth area as I was, I fully recommend you step off the highway and enjoy a comfortable stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, but only really slept here as I was moving my daughter into college and wasn't in the room much. I found it to be a motel-grade place, so for the $54/night I paid I got what I expected. Bed was clean and comfortable and bathroom was clean, which is all I needed. Carpet was filthy and needs to be cleaned or replaced. Air conditioning worked fine without any excess noise. Morning continental style breakfast was a nice addition considering the rate I paid. I'd stay here again if I only needed a place to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed for a week and the manager went out of his way to accomidate us , and the hotel staff were pleasant courteous and kept the hotel rooms , hallways and lobby very clean .
We will definitely stay at the hotel every time we are in the Dallas Fortworth Area .

Room Tip: We stayed in one of their suites and it was very spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Our total stay at the hotel was about 15 minutes from check-in to check-out. First off, we were left awkwardly standing at the front desk for almost 5 minutes while the clerk did other things and did not even bother to acknowledge us. When we finally got up to the room, we noticed some odd stains on the linens. We were not in there for more than 2 minutes when we saw the first large roach climbing up the wall above the sofa. After killing that one, i thought it'd be a good idea to make coffee and was horrified when another roach ran out from the coffee supplies and climbed over the pillows that were randomly on the counter. We decided to leave because if the roaches were that active with the lights on, we were afraid of what might happen to us laying in bed with the lights off. We were so grossed out we grabbed our stuff and checked out.

• Stayed: August 2012
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth North
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#37 of 114 in Fort Worth

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek

Address: 3740 Tanacross Dr, Loop 820 N & N Beach Exit, Fort Worth, TX 76137-3410
Region: United States > Texas > Fort Worth
Ranked #81 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Price Range: £48 - £62 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Fort Worth North
Fort Worth Microtel
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek Fort Worth, Texas