Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek
Ranked #76 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Hobbs, New Mexico
“Good Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

We were pleased with the Microtel at Fossil Creek. The location worked out well for us on this trip. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The room was a little small for the 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 children, but we were expecting it. We would consider a microtel stay again in the future. Thank you for all the help while we were there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MicrotelFW, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Hello and thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit again soon, we will have flat screen HDTVs installed very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the best rates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was confused because the title says "Stockyards" but it is actually in Fossil Creek. It was a fantastic Hotel. It was unbelievably clean and surprisingly quiet. The bed was amazing and the sheets were very clean and fresh. The front desk was fast and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Caseyraywilson, thank you for taking time out of your busy day and leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed our cleanliness, it is one of our core values. I believe hotels should at the very least be CLEAN. As for the title saying Stockyards, some sites may have that on the first line because it is the nearest tourist attraction being less than 10 minutes away. Thank you and we wish to host you again!
Phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my stay in Fort Worth for 3 nights thru Hotels.com. My room was nice enough. I had the jacuzzi suite room. After a long drive, I was looking forward to the jacuzzi. I filled up the tub, got in and hit the button for the jets and nothing happened. I complained the next morning and was told that that room isn't reserved very often and the "master switch" hadn't been turned on. Later that day, I filled up the tub again, got in and hit the button for the jets and once again...nothing. I didn't bother to complain. The other complaint I had was the wi-fi connection popped off more than it stayed on. When I had complained about that, I was told that if there are lots of people trying to be on it, it does have a tendency to kick off. Sure didn't look like hotel was very busy so that didn't make sense. The other "reason" I was given for the Internet connection not staying connected was that someone might have a virus on their computer and the resources were being used up causing the connection to pop off. Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel and will not return to this hotel should I ever be in Fort Worth in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Good Value. Clean, modern hotel on the outskirts of Fort Worth.
Decent sized rooms with comfortable bed and tea/coffee making facilities. 20 minutes drive from Billy Bob's and down town. Friendly staff and ample choice for breakfast.

Room Tip: Good Sized rooms with comfortable bed and tea/coffee making facilities.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I had a good nights sleep here on my stopover to Fort Worth. This hotel did seem a little in the middle of nowhere, but once your navman gets you there it provides a large spacious clean room at a reasonable price.

The reception were also helpful where our reservation hadn't come through properly on a third party site, and we were able to check in and sort out the details later on.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Yelm, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

When you travel a lot as I do and eat out a lot, you get used to restaurants and hotels not living up to their own hype. Granted, Microtels are not hyped a lot, but all the same this MIcrotel was a pleasure to stay in. The staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. The room was beautiful and measured up to any other hotel that I've stayed in. The newer hotels such as this are building with and providing better, cleaner amenities and this Microtel was no exception. If you are staying in the Dallas/Forth Worth area as I was, I fully recommend you step off the highway and enjoy a comfortable stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, but only really slept here as I was moving my daughter into college and wasn't in the room much. I found it to be a motel-grade place, so for the $54/night I paid I got what I expected. Bed was clean and comfortable and bathroom was clean, which is all I needed. Carpet was filthy and needs to be cleaned or replaced. Air conditioning worked fine without any excess noise. Morning continental style breakfast was a nice addition considering the rate I paid. I'd stay here again if I only needed a place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo