“Great room but poor food and poor service”

Courtyard Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB
Ranked #72 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth
“Great room but poor food and poor service”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Nice room but every time I went down stairs to get something to eat, nobody would be behind the counter at the café to assist me. Pretty sad considering they don't offer anything FREE at this hotel...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Laquintha R, Director of Sales at Courtyard Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you so very much for staying with us while visiting fabulous Fort Worth. Thank you for your review, as well. We do take your review seriously. The issues you had with our staff not being available is not acceptable and has been addressed. We are positive you will see a difference during your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This Courtyard had a lobby renovation about a year ago and now it is quite nice. The guest rooms have recently been redone and are vastly improved. They are fresh and clean with comfortable beds. Like other reviewers mentioned if you have a room that faces the freeway the noise is very loud, but only if your balcony door is open. Sitting on the balcony one has lots and lots of noise.

I have stayed at this location 2-3 times a year over the last 10 years. You would think that the front desk would occasionally thank me for my repeat business or for being Platinum with Marriott Rewards. It has never once happened. There is no recognition for repeat business or being top tier with Marriott Rewards.

If this hotel wants to learn how they could improve take a look at this example: The night before I had stayed at the Dallas Courtyard Medical/Market Center. When I checked in they immediately thanked me for my business and being a Platinum Member. They not only gave me the 400 welcome points, but a goody bag with snacks and water. Then they offered me breakfast for two. Now that's impressive and going way beyond! I also noticed on tripadvisor that the manager (in Dallas) is proactive and addresses customer's reviews. Courtyard I-30 does none of that. I am so underwhelmed with your service, but completely impressed with Dallas Medical/Market. If you care take a lesson.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glexible
Thank you so much for your review. We take these reviews seriously. You are so right, there should be recognition for not only repeat guests but for Marriott Rewards guest. We do apologize that you were not treated in the Marriott way. Please know these issues have been addressed and upon your return to fabulous Fort Worth, you will find a new attitude. Again, thanks for your review.
WI
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The property itself if nicely maintained, and the two staff members I met today were very nice. However, we really needed to wifi to work....it did not work in our room on the second floor. After calling the operator, she told me to call an 888 tech suport I number. I spend 20 minutes on the phone with them trying to UNSUCCESSFULLY resolve the issue,

At 10:15 pm the lightbulb (only one) in my bathroom burnt out. Called front desk, was told someone would be up. Checked back in 30 minutes, was told the front desk person was the only one on staff, and couldn't leave the desk until his replacement arrived. Here I sit, 45 minutes later with a sleeping child who will wake up when /if someone ever arrives. Unable to use the bathroom in the dark. Seriously?!?!?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Courtyard Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB. We are disappointed the in your review of our staff. Please know all these issues have been addressed and upon your return you will find a different result. We sincerely hope you will give us another chance. Thank you also for your review.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel and if we return to Fort Worth, we'll stay here again. It's right off the expressway. When we booked I was a little worried about expressway notice but as it turned out we never heard a car engine or horn. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. They recommended a few restaurants to us that turned out to be really good. The lobby is very modern and well designed. It has a small bar and a bistro. It's a very comfortable area to hang out, have a drink, kick your feet up and surf the web on your tablet. The only problem is that the front desk clerk is also the bartender and chef. We never had a problem with waiting but I can imagine that it could be frustrating if your're trying to check in and the front desk clerk is across the lobby mixing drinks and making sandwiches. The pool is small but clean. We chilled at the pool in the late afternoon and we were the only ones in the pool. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. So all in all no complaints. I stayed here with my wife. No kids. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There are rooms right in the pool area. I would avoid those if you prefer a quieter room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2013

When we showed up to check in no one was at the front desk. After waiting 20 minutes someone yelled from the back of the bistro counter "I’ll be right there after I make this sandwich". Really the front desk cleric has to be the cook to. After being checked in there were kids playing in the pool until 10;30 pm. The noise was to load to sleep. The next day I called down to get a late check out and the cleric said rudely fine but you have you be out at 1pm.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have stayed at this location several times over the past couple of years. The staff remembers us every time, and is very friendly and accommodating. This last trip, a glitch in our online reservation resulted in our overstaying, the staff contacted us, and set up the room for another night quickly and efficiently.

We will stay here every trip to Fort Worth.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times because of the proximity to my mother's living facility coupled with the price. This hotel usually has the better rates of Marriott properties in the Ft. Worth area. We had trouble with our reservation on this last visit, partly due to the Marriott Rewards Elite Desk making an error in our initial reservation. Prior to arriving at the hotel the Elite desk had confirmed my reservation with the correct rates paired with a free promotional stay I had earned earlier. Upon check-in, the reservation with the error, was listed on the computer. I tried to get help with the front desk to correct the problem. They refused to look at my corrected confirmation e-mail so we could address the problem and then I was told that it was my problem and I would have to work with Marriott to fix it. A simple error that should have taken 5 minutes to resolve by looking at e-mail and working with me resulted in 5 days of resolving the issue--the hotel blaming the Marriott reservation system and Marriott blaming the hotel for not researching the e-mails. Also, the Wi-Fi in the room worked about 10% of the time. I have had conversations with the GM of the hotel to discuss my issues and I am willing to give them another chance.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth West - I-30
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth-West/I-30
SpringHill Suites Fort Worth University
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Worth West
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Worth ...
#1 of 3 in White Settlement
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Fort Worth

Been to Courtyard Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB? Share your experiences!