“Expected Better from a Marriott”

SpringHill Suites Fort Worth University
Ranked #49 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed a couple of months ago, and it was for work purposes. The gentleman who checked me in was a great example of great customer service. I know the hotel staff was going through a housekeeping supervisor change and understand how some things can be left forgotten; however, if I was gven a chance to stay there free in the future, I wouldn't commit to it. Upon walking into the room, there was an ackwardly placed couch and laptop bench, seemed alright...I always book a two bed type room when staying in a hotel in case of housekeeping issues. Both of my beds not only had pubic hair in them but also looked well slept in. I only know what it looks like because I have been in housekeeping before. I slept in the pull out sofa instead of a nice comfy bed that night....a little frustrating...The tub had a stained clear curtain and tub itself was dirty and smelled of mildew...I refused to take a shower in...that should be checked daily and dryed off as often as it is used...Stepped on a sticker(may not have been housekeepings fault), Microwave was filthy before I even used it. It's sad for a property that is under 10 years old, to look like it was thirty years old because of lack of cleaniness. I did not complain to anyone, but I didn't have a terrific stay because of these issues...

Room Tip: Try to stay away from hwy side, it kept me up half the night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
micah w, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Worth University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate all types of reviews because it allows us the opportunity to continually improve the quality of each guests stay. I’m very sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and I want to you to know that this is not the norm at our establishment, as a Marriott property our standards are much higher. I will be personally following up with our housekeeping department to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Once again, thank you for your feedback! If we are not made aware of any problems, we cannot address them. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further. Best Regards, Micah Willis

Reviewed 20 August 2013

As a frequent traveler, I've stayed in happier places! The staff is great, the rooms were clean, but even with what looks like a retro fit, it still felt old, moldy and depressed. There is a definite "old" smell right when you walk in. The carpet was dark and smelled. My room was dark and just didn't feel welcoming.

Construction in the area is insane, but that its not the hotels fault, just a warning, allow yourself time to get here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We've stayed at the SpringHill Suites several times while visiting family nearby, so when our most recent trip came, there was no question where to stay. The rooms are always clean and large, and the beds big and comfy. The staff have always been friendly and helpful. It's not a luxury property, but we always know it will be clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: All the same, as far as I can tell. Rooms facing the parking garage and not the freeway might be qu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtknee2
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My Husband and I were in town for a Masquerade Ball. Once we entered this hotel we were pleasantly greeted by Shawnty (who is a beautiful prego woman) Valentina. They took care of us as if they were waiting on us all night. I was so please wth how chatty and fun they were at 11:30 pm. LOL It seemed like that interaction just made the rest of our weekend very light and upbeat. It really means alot to be welcomed anywhere and I'm thankful that Shawnty and Valentina did just that.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Close to TCU...except for the construction:(. But that is beyond the hotel's hands. Pool was very small and outdoors so our kidos were a bit disappointed. Breakfast was good. Parking was good. Has all the basics. Sufficient room for all 5 of us.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We recently stayed here several days while my son attended "frog camp" at TCU. The rooms are spacious, with a separate sitting area. There is a small fitness center (2 treadmills and an elliptical). The staff was very nice and helpful. We'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, facing the parking lot, and we did not hear any highway noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My co-worked and I stayed for 3 nights to attend a conference at the Fort Worth Convention Center. It was about $100 less than hotels in walking distance to the center, but more convenient to excellent dining on Hulen. I recommend it if if you have a car since it was only about 7-10 minutes by the freeway. We did have to pay for parking everyday but there was $6 lot behind St. Patrick's Cathedral.

We did not receive a room with 2 beds as asked but I was able to sleep on the pullout quite comfortably. With the room divided into a sleep and office area, it was almost like having 2 rooms, so it worked out. There was not a lot of noise. The parking garage was convenient. Breakfast was more than decent with yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, waffles, eggs, and sausage or bacon available daily.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business