“Cinnamon Rolls- perfection!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Houston
“Cinnamon Rolls- perfection!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our 2nd stop here at Ginger Browns after the Texas Race and on our way home. We had the $5 chicken fried steak, green beans and mashed potatoes. My hubby and I both thought it was just average, nothing special but the price! We'd eat it again though. We really came for the cinnamon rolls which to our surprise came with our 5 dollar meal, wow! The cinnamon rolls are so soft and dense at the same time and the flavor is perfect. You must try! This place feels like grandma's too, so maybe that's why we'll keep coming back.

• Visited April 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
“Gone down hill!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were regular customers at this restaurant for a long while. We visited Thursday 04/17/2014 for there Chicken Fried Steak special as usual, but this time the steak and the cinnamon bun were much smaller than usual. They were having another special about a free meal if you had a text sent to you and the place was packed like sardines. We had to stand in line forever to pay for our meal and didn't have the text to get any free meals. Like I say, We have been regular customers for a long time. We felt like outcast because we had to wait forever to get out of there and we didn't get any free meals either just because we didn't receive any text. The place was a mad house! Boo!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Freddie B
Houston, TX
“Fun, Good, and the Cinnamon Rolls are Unbelievable”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

On a personal business trip to Fort Worth, I met up with a younger sister and her husband and headed out to another restaurant just outside of Fort Worth. It turned out that the destination restaurant was closed, so, on a whim, we stopped at Ginger Brown's. We'd heard about the Cinnamon rolls. This time luck was on our side and I'm very pleased that we ended up here. The service was great even thought it was a busy weekend lunch hour and the food was very good. We ordered from the senior menu (for obvious reasons...) which advertised to include a free cinnamon roll. I figured that would be a smaller version of the big roll they are famous for. Well, no, we got the w-h-o-l-e thing. There were four of us, so we got four full sized cinnamon rolls. My doctor wasn't anywhere nearby so I gobbled down all of mine as did my wife and brother-in-law. My sister whimped out and only ate half of hers. The rolls were delicious. I'm going to do this again next time I'm in Fort Worth.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“HORRIBLE! !!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I just would like to let someone know that today was the worst experience my family and I had ever had eating out. There were 5 of us and it took over an hour to receive our food. I had a Groupon, and a checkout was told "it was a holiday" and could not use it! I could understand if there was some kind of special for presidents day, but the prices were the same! In my mind a "holiday" is NOT president day!! I have spoken to Groupon and complained to them. If you do not want to honor the Groupon you need to remove it from their site! A $47.00 ticket ended up costing me $67.00!!! We will never be back and I will never recommend your place of buisness.

• Visited February 2014
Grapevine, Texas
“Good home cooking with fabulous cinnamon rolls”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have eatten here many time and always enjoyed it. It is good home cooking. If you want diet food don't come here. The wait staff is friendly and always busy. We have taken many friends to this restaurant. It is always a hit! Don't leave without having or taking home dessert. The pies are delish--especially the coconut cream.

Visited January 2014