“Huge disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Cross street: Houston St. & Weatherford St.
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Roanoke, Texas, United States
“Huge disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I visited this place for our anniversary. We were also planning to use a birthday certificate from Texas de Brazil. We notified the server of this as soon as we were seated and he stated we would need to speak to the manager. At the END of our meal, the manager came to our table, wished us a happy anniversary, and stated that certificates were not honored on Saturday evenings. I checked the certificate and in small, fine print, I found the Saturday exclusion. The manager is to be commended by the restaurant for following this rule. However, he chose to ignore the rule of "Proper attire required" which can be found on an engraved sign at the front door. The ambiance at the restaurant is poor - especially for special occasions. Review on the food is mixed - you definitely get plenty. Some meats were quite flavorful - others dry. Sides were also mixed with some overlooked and dry. Our server was very attentive but uncomfortable at the manager's actions. My best summary - the restaurant has rules (which were followed). As a consumer, I have choices. We won't be back. There are too many other restaurants with much better quality - especially for $100 plus!!

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Mountain View, Missouri, United States
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We had a most delicious dinner at Texas de Brazil in Fort Worth. Our waiter explained everything about Brazilian food and style of service. The salad was great followed by every kind of meat I would ever want, beef, pork, lamb, chicken, sausage. I'm still WOW!

Cleburne, Texas
“Carnivores delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Best meat you'll ever put in your mouth. A dozen different kinds of meat served churascarria style. About $40 per person covers all you can eat. I'm not a big salad person but even I could make a really good meal off their awesome salad bar. Salad only is about $20 per. Not cheap, but it's worth it.

Visited June 2014
“"Eat slowly"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This restaurant is pricey so be prepared to get your money's worth. The salad bar is great and taste fresh which is good to go with the meat.There is great variety of meats and if you enjoy meat you will have great choices. The drawback is the salt, most of the meats were too salty and they did not have an option for less salty ones.It is a place worth going once in a while but I would not go there every month

• Visited June 2014
Los Angeles
“Great Salad Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I visited the Texas de Brazil for a birthday dinner.

The place was super packed (which is not their fault)! I found it extremely difficult to navigate to the salad bar and the tables were too close that not only was it difficult to get out of my seat without bumping into the chair behind me, but the servers had a hard time getting to my seat as well to give me meat. The noise level, just from the volume of people in the location, made it hard to hear they people at my table.

The meat was pretty average. The best was by far the lamb. The filet was overcooked and well-done and I couldn't even chew it.

The saving grace was the salad bar. I'm not big on salads but they had such a huge selection that I really had a great experience with it. They had a lobster bisque which my boyfriend got thirds of.

Overall, good but just average. Nothing special but nothing bad.

• Visited June 2014