“Great food, poor service”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #36 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

As always, the food was amazing! I went with a group of 4 on a Friday night around 7 pm & took out seats at the bar. The staff came off as though they were all upset with each other. This made us feel a bit uncomfortable therefore we pretty much rushed to eat our food. When the time came for the bill, one male staff member attempted to get our receipt until we asked for them to be split amongst the group. He ignored our request and another young lady went to the register and took care of us. This is the first time I've had any bad customer service experience at any pappadeaux restaurant. Perhaps it was just a bad night.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Baked Salmon on a Cedar Plank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have always regarded this meal at "this" restaurant my ALL-TIME favorite. Whenever I want that "SPECIAL" treat, this is the place for me. It is not on the menu per se, but a Cedar Plank Salmon is on the menu, except it has a glaze on it that is fairly hot tasting (spicy hot). I ordered this meal sans the glaze and to please add an extra Asparagus since I didn't want the glaze. The waitress did so for both my daughter and I and then brought a small bowl of the glaze for us to "try" anyway. Both my daughter and I tried the glaze on one bite of that superbly cooked salmon. NOPE! For both of us, it masks the wonderful flavor of the baked salmon! So, rest assure that you can STILL get that Salmon dish the "old fashioned" way, that I have requested for years. WONDERFUL and still my favorite. Kudos to the chef !

• Visited June 2014
Weatherford, Texas
“Good Food and Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pappadeaux's has consistently average to good food and service. Nothing truly unique or exciting. For the moderate to high prices they charge, they should be able to deliver substantially better quality and taste and also deliver better service. Yes, I do enjoy my meals here, but it just does not qualify as one of my "Go To" restaurants when there are much better options available. Their wait staff has limited knowledge of the items on the menu. The spices they use on their food are boring. I do wish they would improve because I do love seafood and would love to make them one of my "Go To" restaurants. They have spent a lot of money on restaurant design, but even that simply lacks pizzazz.

• Visited June 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wonderful food. I got to sit on the patio in one of the not so hot days in Texas. It was great food and quick service. Would recommend for a good seafood place.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Always an excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is a no fail standby for fabulous seafood. If you want an upscale atmosphere and wonderful food, you have found the place. We have sampled multiple entrees and they are always great. Tonight was mahi with crab, scallops, and shrimp served with dirty rice. I got the smaller portion and it was still too much food! Expansive wines and a great dessert tray as well. I got my creme brûlée to go and it tastes just as fabulous in bed as it would have in the restaurant :)