“Got a great deal on price line”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #24 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Austin, Texas
“Got a great deal on price line”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Booked an express deal for $97 on Priceline and got this hotel. It was a solid hotel for the price. Good breakfast, nice indoor pool/hot tub, and great central location. The evening front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. We got a room with a king bed and it was really small. They had some much stuff crammed in there you could hardly move. Elevators were the slowest I have ever experienced. If your are not hauling luggage, you will get to where you are going much faster by using the stairs. Although its technically considered downtown (North of I+30) there is nothing in walking distance. Lots of shady characters wandering around the back of the hotel and hanging out at the gas station next door. A/c and exhaust fan in bath were extremely loud and the sink had very little water pressure. All in all I feel I got my moneys worth, however I probably would not book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Classic hotel on the edge of the city, I thought it would be closer to museums, object of our visit ... friendly staff, large comfortable rooms, functional bathroom, breakfast pretty sad! Being able to enjoy the driver from the hotel is a great advantage. The city center is 20 minutes walk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I'm somewhat new to Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one exceeded all my expectations.

First, I was offered a nice new room on the upper floor. Very comfy and what a terrific view of downtown

No charge for WiFi and breakfast is something I can get used to. I should also mention I was able to park in the covered garage (no charge) which helps with the way weather can be at times.

Then during my stay I was able to get a shuttle ride to all the night life downtown and there was plenty around Sundance Square.

Plus the staff was terrific. No wait checking in. Lots of friendly faces. And one thing sure to please more than myself, a lot less expensive then the other alternatives in the downtown area.

Gotta Go Man Go!

Room Tip: Stay on the new floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lancelot2010
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Lancelot2010,

We're glad you gave the Holiday Inn Express brand a try and so pleased we knocked it out of the park for you here at our Fort Worth-Downtown location! We definitely agree with the value of complimentary WiFi and parking as well as our super convenient shuttle.

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay and we know future travelers do as well.

Safe Travels,
Catherine Carroll, GM
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here with a friend of mine for a weekend of fun and can't wait to come back! Every. Single. Employee. we came in contact with was amazing. They all had such genuine caring attitudes and really went above and beyond throughout our entire stay.
It was only about a mile to what is called Sundance Square and that place is awesome! If I remember correctly, John, one of the Shuttle drivers, who was so friendly and knowledgable, informed us there were over 40+ restaurants, over 20+ bars and all kinds of other nightlife. He really made our trip one of a kind! He even knew the history of some of the iconic buildings which was such an interesting touch!
The complimentary breakfast was great! The hotel was very full but they did a great job keeping everything refreshed! The sausage gravy and biscuits were delicious! The gentleman working there was so friendly and I'm surprised he had the time to be with how quickly he was scurrying around keeping everyone fed and happy! :)
The parking seems to be the biggest situation that I had read about before staying here but I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't near as bad as it had been made out to be. First of all, it's free, which is great considering I didn't have to pay $20+ each night like every other downtown hotel (saving me $60+ for the trip) and with the great shuttle I think we may have moved the car once the whole weekend! When we did move the lot on property filled up (like I said, the hotel was pretty full if not sold out) but they had another parking lot right across the street (with even bigger spaces which was nice for my bigger truck). The street is well lit and you can easily see both ways so crossing the street on foot was no biggie at all!
They were working on some of the entrance which made things a little more difficult but it was just one of those things. If they weren't doing it now they would have to do it later so there were no complaints from us!
The room was perfect! We really were there to sleep and shower and spent most of the weekend out seeing the sights!
Like I said, we are counting down the days to be back! Such a great trip and this hotel was a HUGE part of that!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank GetAWayGuy123
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
GetAwayGuy123,

We are just thrilled knowing that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We've covered this review with all of our Team and we appreciate your complimentary remarks and taking the time to cover so many points. We put a lot of love and pride into our work and we thank you again for recognizing our property. We look forward to serving you again next time you're in Fort Worth.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff was superb. Location was great. And shuttle drivers (especially the lady driver) were the BEST!!! Would definitely stay here again. Great breakfast and wonderful business center in lobby.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MigratingCaterpillar
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
MigratingCaterpillar,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel and we are so pleased that you found the value in our services and amenities here in our great city. Terri, our lady shuttle driver, has been with us for 2 years and is one of the many excellent ambassadors for Fort Worth that we have on staff. I will definitely share this review with her and the rest of the staff. Wishing you many more fun migrations!
Cat Carroll, GM
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Fantastic stay in very clean and friendly hotel. Breakfast was good and had quite a variety. Shower and bath amenities, linens all top shelf. All staff super friendly from desk to service staff. Obtained my boarding pass for me while I was at a play. We were able to visit many museums, zoo, Sundance Square, play, restaurants without having to drive. Their shuttle service was fabulous, extremely knowledgeable and super friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Robin A
Robin A,

Thank you so much taking the time to leave comments on your experience here with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth-Downtown. Your kind words mean a lot to us here at the Hotel and the comprehensive review is great for future travelers to Fort Worth. We look forward to having you back!
Ruston, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was a clean, comfortable and courteous place to stay. It is not close to most downtown attractions. It was very close to where I needed to be. The only minor issues I can see with the hotel are, small rooms, small parking places, it could be difficult for some people to navigate their parking situation.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank MattieuB
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Mattieu,

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating of your recent stay at our Hotel. We are pleased that our location was convenient for where you needed to be during your stay. Luckily our location puts us in a great location especially with our complimentary shuttle that travels in a 3 mile radius. This amenity alleviates the worry of navigating the area including the one way streets in downtown, finding and paying for parking in downtown and can also save travelers from having to rent a vehicle during their time with us.

Our on-site parking includes covered and non-covered areas and the garaged areas can be tricky, as all parking garages can be, especially since vehicles have gotten larger over the years. We do offer an overflow lot across the street that I prefer to park in since the spaces are roomier.

We hope to serve you again soon.