“Overpriced on weekends”

Ranked #28 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Stavanger, Norway
“Overpriced on weekends”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Staying here on a busy weekend, the prices were boosted to high in my opinion, and not reflecting the standard of the hotel. The rooms was nice and clean, but very cold both room and bathroom. The other areas of the hotel was not so clean, the elevator reeked of vomit, and the pool area was not clean at all, even as we came in as the cleaning staff left. The breakfast staff did not manage to keep the breakfast stocked, but, it was a busy day. The best thing at this hotel is the shuttle service, which was very good, not much waiting at all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi Arnt 78,

On the weekends or during times of high demand our prices can be driven higher than "normal", but Hotel rates in general shift just like Airline or Gasoline rates. If you are able, it's always best to book as far in advance as you can and/or to contact the Hotel directly to see if there is a negotiated rate for your Company/Event that your are in town for. I do apologize that you experienced some cleanliness issues during this busy weekend. Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your review with my Teams to shift schedules for additional property rounds during very busy weekends. We do hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Fort Worth.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We like the location to downtown and restaurants and the fact that there is a shuttle to these places. The driver was friendly and willing to share her knowledge of the best places to eat. The rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GWandCD
San Antonio
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night on our way home from a 3500 mile driving adventure. What a wonderful respite before heading out the last day of driving for home. The bed is so comfortable, and although the hotel was fairly full, you didn't hear a sound from any of the rooms around you OR from the outside -- we were right off of I-30, so that could have been very disturbing. And the hotel has a free first-come-first-serve shuttle that will take you to within a 4-mile radius. We chose to visit and dine in Sundance Square. Love that area!!! Complimentary breakfast is quit satisfying in the morning, too. Staff is helpful, friendly, efficient, polite. Wonderful place to stay and rest up.

Room Tip: Be sure to pick up a card for the phone number for your return shuttle ride. The drivers are deligh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Booked an express deal for $97 on Priceline and got this hotel. It was a solid hotel for the price. Good breakfast, nice indoor pool/hot tub, and great central location. The evening front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. We got a room with a king bed and it was really small. They had some much stuff crammed in there you could hardly move. Elevators were the slowest I have ever experienced. If your are not hauling luggage, you will get to where you are going much faster by using the stairs. Although its technically considered downtown (North of I+30) there is nothing in walking distance. Lots of shady characters wandering around the back of the hotel and hanging out at the gas station next door. A/c and exhaust fan in bath were extremely loud and the sink had very little water pressure. All in all I feel I got my moneys worth, however I probably would not book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Classic hotel on the edge of the city, I thought it would be closer to museums, object of our visit ... friendly staff, large comfortable rooms, functional bathroom, breakfast pretty sad! Being able to enjoy the driver from the hotel is a great advantage. The city center is 20 minutes walk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Irvine, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I'm somewhat new to Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one exceeded all my expectations.

First, I was offered a nice new room on the upper floor. Very comfy and what a terrific view of downtown

No charge for WiFi and breakfast is something I can get used to. I should also mention I was able to park in the covered garage (no charge) which helps with the way weather can be at times.

Then during my stay I was able to get a shuttle ride to all the night life downtown and there was plenty around Sundance Square.

Plus the staff was terrific. No wait checking in. Lots of friendly faces. And one thing sure to please more than myself, a lot less expensive then the other alternatives in the downtown area.

Gotta Go Man Go!

Room Tip: Stay on the new floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lancelot2010
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Lancelot2010,

We're glad you gave the Holiday Inn Express brand a try and so pleased we knocked it out of the park for you here at our Fort Worth-Downtown location! We definitely agree with the value of complimentary WiFi and parking as well as our super convenient shuttle.

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay and we know future travelers do as well.

Safe Travels,
Catherine Carroll, GM
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here with a friend of mine for a weekend of fun and can't wait to come back! Every. Single. Employee. we came in contact with was amazing. They all had such genuine caring attitudes and really went above and beyond throughout our entire stay.
It was only about a mile to what is called Sundance Square and that place is awesome! If I remember correctly, John, one of the Shuttle drivers, who was so friendly and knowledgable, informed us there were over 40+ restaurants, over 20+ bars and all kinds of other nightlife. He really made our trip one of a kind! He even knew the history of some of the iconic buildings which was such an interesting touch!
The complimentary breakfast was great! The hotel was very full but they did a great job keeping everything refreshed! The sausage gravy and biscuits were delicious! The gentleman working there was so friendly and I'm surprised he had the time to be with how quickly he was scurrying around keeping everyone fed and happy! :)
The parking seems to be the biggest situation that I had read about before staying here but I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't near as bad as it had been made out to be. First of all, it's free, which is great considering I didn't have to pay $20+ each night like every other downtown hotel (saving me $60+ for the trip) and with the great shuttle I think we may have moved the car once the whole weekend! When we did move the lot on property filled up (like I said, the hotel was pretty full if not sold out) but they had another parking lot right across the street (with even bigger spaces which was nice for my bigger truck). The street is well lit and you can easily see both ways so crossing the street on foot was no biggie at all!
They were working on some of the entrance which made things a little more difficult but it was just one of those things. If they weren't doing it now they would have to do it later so there were no complaints from us!
The room was perfect! We really were there to sleep and shower and spent most of the weekend out seeing the sights!
Like I said, we are counting down the days to be back! Such a great trip and this hotel was a HUGE part of that!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank GetAWayGuy123
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
GetAwayGuy123,

We are just thrilled knowing that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We've covered this review with all of our Team and we appreciate your complimentary remarks and taking the time to cover so many points. We put a lot of love and pride into our work and we thank you again for recognizing our property. We look forward to serving you again next time you're in Fort Worth.