Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Park Central Hotel(Fort Worth)
  • Pool
Omni Fort Worth Hotel(Fort Worth)
  • Restaurant
The Ashton Hotel(Fort Worth)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicepancake machinewithin mileshi expresssundance squaremile radiustrain stationmicrowave and fridgehotel shuttlebreakfast areawould stay here againnice stayking suitebooked this hotelshower headfree breakfast
Reviewed 15 April 2010

This hotel is immaculate. It's very modern with LG televisions, granite baths, and a varied hot breakfast. Parking is free and the location can't be beat. You can jump onto I-30 right around the corner. Special thanks to Adam at the front desk who helped my family secure adjoining rooms.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank hmorgan13
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I stayed at this property for two nights at the end of September 2009. There was a conference I was attending at the Omni across from the Convention Center. I decided to redeem Priority Club points for this stay and feel that I was able to obtain a nice room for 15000 points a night. The parking was slightly odd, but free, and I had no issues with it. I did not try the pool or the fitness area, nor did I try the business center as all I needed was the free high-speed wi-fi in the room. I think they had wired internet capability in the rooms, too.
The check-in experience was good. Still getting used to the trend of using little lectern-looking podiums for checkin instead of a traditional desk, but that's fine by me. Like others have said, I found the shuttle service to the quick and responsive except for one afternoon when it was not available because the driver called in sick and they had no replacement driver. For my purposes I walked back and forth from the Omni hotel for my convention, but one day it rained and it was great to have the shuttle make the quick drive with a friendly driver.
The elevators are slow but it's not a terrible issue. I try to use the stairs to at least descend if not go up to my room depending on how high my floor is or if I have luggage. When I tried to use the stairways, they had confusing access to the lobby and only to the outside through alarm-activating fire doors.
I did not use housekeeping service as I rarely do for stays less than a few days, so cannot attest to their thoroughness. My room was immaculate upon check-in, beds and bathroom. No complaints at all other than the bathroom was a bit small, the door coming closer than an inch to the toilet.
The breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express fare, nothing more nothing less. Great cinnamon rolls as always. Strong fresh coffee as always. Decent toaster.
My view was nice, so I'd recommend if you want a view of downtown Ft Worth instead of the highway that you should request it.
Also, bear in mind that this property is a renovation, apparently of a former assisted-living facility or apartments for the elderly or somesuch. This is not an issue as the renovation was total and complete, but it lends a bit of an institutional layout instead of the usual newer Holiday Inn Express hotel layout.
The access to the interstate is close and only a little bit convoluted. Getting off at Lancaster and getting to the hotel is easy. It's a bit harder to figure out the immediate access from the hotel to the interstate. Being downtown, there's many other access points and other interstates very close by.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank KYknowitall
Reviewed 18 September 2009

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and stayed 1 night. We were expecting to be in Sundance Square this hotel isn’t and there is not much around it nothing you could walk to. However we did get a really good deal. The hotel looks reasonably new and the room reflected this, it was very contempary decorated and lovely and clean. The breakfast was good with lots of it. There was free internet although we didn’t use it and free parking.
The best bit was the complementary shuttle that took you anywhere you would like to go. We took it to Sundance square so we could have dinner. We went to the saucer for dinks and then to a Mexican both were fun. Slightly disappoint with Sundance Square expecting to be an actual square with lots of shops and restaurants rather than blocks making up a square. There is an Embassy Suites which we were able to use the phone to get the shuttle to pick us back up a great service by both hotels.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2009

My wife and I spent the night here while visiting Fort Worth for the weekend. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It looks like Holiday Inn is really updating their appearance. The lobby was very nice, they offer a free hot and cold breakfast and they also have free wi-fi.

The room we stayed in was a King Suite and it was very spacious, it had a king size bed, sitting area with a sofa bed, desk and a large LCD TV.

This hotel also has an indoor pool and fitness center, although we did not use those facilities. Overall this is a very nice hotel and I would stay there again.

FYI: The beds are very hard.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Hotel staff is extremely unfriendly and not willing to help the guest. Check out one of the other hotels in the area that provide great customer service.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends