“Service was questionable, but found something to eat as a vegetarian!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cattlemen's Fort Worth Steak House

Cattlemen's Fort Worth Steak House
Ranked #11 of 1,547 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$0 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, PA
“Service was questionable, but found something to eat as a vegetarian!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We ponied up to the bar for a drink and snack upon arriving in Ft. Worth to check out the Stock Yards. It was about 9:00 pm. It took a while for us to be acknowledged, despite the fact that there were 3 employees behind the bar. And, it was not crowded. It was as if they were trying to shut down the bar / register there. Made me look to see what the hours were. They did not close til 11:00 pm.

Once we WERE served, our food was decent. I was happy to order mushrooms and asparagus - and it was just fine for a late night snack. My husband enjoyed his half a rack of ribs and the beer was cold and went down easy!

I am sure there are better options, but this was the one right in front of our face for a quick bite.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

New Braunfels, Texas
“Over rated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Don't bother going here. Too expensive for steak not cooked to order and tough. The salmon, also over priced, had ton of salt - it was not edible and when told the waitress - nothing was done other than to bring a sauce. Had to pull off the entire top of the salmon because loaded with salt and eat rest smothered in sauce. Really poor service - and place wasn't busy - which should have been a sign. Truly disappointed. Was seated in a tiny little space against the wall with my chair hitting the person behind me. We should have just left -- will know better next time.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Becki777
“So disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Made it a night in fort worth when daughter was out with grandparents. The state coaches convention was in town. We didn't know this till my wife started seeing old college friends. We got ignored & the food was anything but the cattleman's we are use to. Luckily we discovered H3 the next day. Not sure we can go back to cattleman's again. Its not worth it.

Huntsville, Alabama
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We were looking for something within walking distance of our hotel near the Stockyards so this place fit the bill. Service was great and the waitress was very knowledgeable about the cuts of steak. The sides were nothing to get excited about. The steak was average and a little on the expensive side for the quality. Considering I selected the steak the waitress suggested would be the most tender I was disappointed. I don't mind paying more for a nice meal however I left disappointed.

1 Thank Knmarsh
Arlington, Texas
“Lunch w/Dad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

For years I had heard of Cattleman's, but always thought it would be crowded, loud, and overly expensive. However, my father insisted that we visit for lunch, and what a great place.

As some of the other reviews suggest, it does have an older 50s & 60s feel, but I like it, it reminded me of special childhood trips to dinner. Further, the place was very clean and comfortable, surprising for a place with such tenure.

We both ordered the lunch club sirloin with baked potatoes. The steaks were cooked to perfection and were tender. The baked potatoes come with family style fixins of cheese, bacon bits, and chives to share. The side salads were generous and crisp. The bread was slightly sweet, but nothing special.

The service was prompt, however, there were not many patrons for a Friday, noon lunch.

Bottom line, this place got its start in 1947. It's well worth a visit for lunch or dinner. Also, check out the elaborate mural on the bar area walls.