“Just okay”

Price range: US$15 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Established in 1947, Cattlemen's Steakhouse is a must see when you visit the Fort Worth Stockyards! We keep things true to our roots, serving delicious steaks with minimal fuss. We are the only steakhouse in the Stockyards, that grills our steaks over charcoal, right in your dining room.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had lunch here during our last visit to the stockyards. We ordered the hamburgers and they were okay but not the best we ever had. When we arrived, the restaurant was fairly empty but after an hour, it was jammed. The servers were not attentive. They were standing in the back talking and looked rather bored. We had to flag our waitress over many times. There are several restaurants in the area and we would try something else the next time we visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It's round the corner from the stockyard it's truly a great place to visit I had the large rib rye cooked to perfection a wonderful meal my wife had the steak and shrimp great atmosphere place well enjoyed met up with the owners whilst having a look around real nice friendly folk made us welcome

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have always loved Cattleman's Steakhouse. The steaks are great! However, bring money! It's pricey, but worth it if you love a good steak!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We ponied up to the bar for a drink and snack upon arriving in Ft. Worth to check out the Stock Yards. It was about 9:00 pm. It took a while for us to be acknowledged, despite the fact that there were 3 employees behind the bar. And, it was not crowded. It was as if they were trying to shut down the bar / register there. Made me look to see what the hours were. They did not close til 11:00 pm.

Once we WERE served, our food was decent. I was happy to order mushrooms and asparagus - and it was just fine for a late night snack. My husband enjoyed his half a rack of ribs and the beer was cold and went down easy!

I am sure there are better options, but this was the one right in front of our face for a quick bite.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Don't bother going here. Too expensive for steak not cooked to order and tough. The salmon, also over priced, had ton of salt - it was not edible and when told the waitress - nothing was done other than to bring a sauce. Had to pull off the entire top of the salmon because loaded with salt and eat rest smothered in sauce. Really poor service - and place wasn't busy - which should have been a sign. Truly disappointed. Was seated in a tiny little space against the wall with my chair hitting the person behind me. We should have just left -- will know better next time.

1  Thank Becki777