“Perfect location, nice rooms and helpful staff”

Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District
Ranked #47 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Killeen, Texas
“Perfect location, nice rooms and helpful staff”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

There was some construction around the hotel but the staff were very helpful in providing directions and best places for parking to avoid the construction. It's probably over by now. Usually with this type of distraction the staff is just apologetic and not accommodating but they were very helpful. I had a wonderful room, great view and an easy walk to dozens of up and coming restaurants. I drove to downtown museums but the night life is now really more around this 7th street location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Yeah, yeah. It's a nice property and the location is good. But there is an abundant amount of thoughtlessness when it comes to the details. In other words, there were way too many corners cut for my liking.

Here are some examples:

-The bedside lamps don't have outlets in them so you have to move the large nightstands/dressers to plug something in.

-The hotel internet not secured. I'm sure apartment dwellers use it and take up bandwidth because it was very slow.

-Beds very low (think IKEA beds).

-There was nothing in the shower to provide traction at the bottom of the tub, making it VERY slippery and quite hazardous.

-Brian, the GM, didn't ask me a floor preference upon check in. The people in front of me got asked, but I guess I wasn't afforded that luxury, being the lowly state employee I am, on the government rate. Brian, you really shouldn't put young, single females on the ground floor next to a construction site.

-The fitness room was tiny for a hotel of this size and there were no sanitizing wipes. So gross.

Do you see what I mean? I travel a lot for my job so the details matter. Needless to say, I don't think I'll stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Meredith R
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that I did not ask you what your floor preference was when I checked you in. This is something we all do, and I apologize I forgot to do so.

In regards to your other concerns:
The bedside lamp not having an electrical outlet for you to plug your electronics into, and the beds being low to the ground, both will be replaced / upgraded during our next renovation. I have not been given a timeline as to when that will be as of yet. All items in the room except the TV’s are original. (9 years old)

The free-to-guest internet not requiring a password to log in to also will be resolved when our new internet upgrade takes place, which I know the owners are currently working on right now.

We do offer complimentary access to LA Fitness right down the street, as our fitness center is indeed limited in its space and offerings, however we will be glad to make sure that it is stocked with disinfectant wipes.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, and please do feel free to reach out to me at 817-885-8250 if you would like to discuss further.

Brian Tigner
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here on an overnight trip as a family. We had 2 rooms across from each other. We enjoyed our stay. I had a small dog which cost me a $100 non-refundable deposit. I was ok with it. The hotel is very expensive but nice. Breakfast was excellent. Great selection and no, I repeat no noisy crowd. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were quiet, clean, well appointed, and comfortable.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KidInfiniti
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a solid Residence Inn- just what you'd expect from any Residence Inn.

Location is okay--- note that it is NOT downtown. It's close, but separated by several bridges and rivers. I initially thought we could walk to things but you really can't.

It is in an area that they seem to be refurbishing/ building up. So, a mix of brand new development (unfortunately with a lot of chain restaurants,etc) and old buildings which seem to be either abandoned warehouses or run-down bars. The route from the freeway to the hotel late at night was a little sketchy on some small dark streets with old bars,etc.

The area immediately around the hotel is large apartment complexes, with another one going up right next door- didn't see any construction noise but there could be some.

Overall a decent place, but note that it is not downtown- if you want to walk out your door to restaurants and bars,etc. this is definitely not the right place.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for providing us with your feedback, we appreciate hearing from every one of our valued guests. We are located approximately 1 mile from the center of the downtown area but, we are located within walking distance to the new West 7th development located to our west. This area is home to a large variety of newer upscale bars and restaurants and I hope that when you come back to the area you give them a try. Again thank you for your feedback and staying with us at the Residence Inn Fort Worth Cultural District.

Carter Hord
Assistant General Manager
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was a last minute deal for us so the price was a little higher than I like to pay, 229.00, but you can not beat the location. The property is right in the middle of the hopping 7th street area and right next to Trinity Park, so location was everything for us! Two guys that really helped in securing our last minute room was Carter, the great assistant manager and Lee the amazing desk clerk, both went out of their way to ensure our stay was arranged and productive. Great job to both! If you are looking for a room to go out and listen to some great music at some nice venues, eat some amazing food at local restaurants and be close to our MUST SEE cultural district, this is the place!

Room Tip: The room I had was equipped with a kitchen area, living area and a bedroom with a queen size bed. Ni...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for a business trip and for a friendly, clean, business trip kinda place it is a good choice. Nothing new or special but the staff were exceptionally friendly to say the least. Check in was a breeze. I got in late and was hungry and its important to know the hotel does not have its own food options in the evening. Breakfast in the morning is buffet style (my experience) and adequate but not exorbitant. Serviceable is a good word.

The suites are ENORMOUS. Full kitchen, microwave, coffee maker, sitting room. Good TVs in both the living area and in the bedroom. Bathrooms are a little dated but lots of hot water. The bed was comfortable enough and linens of adequate quality. Ktichen has all you need to make your own dinners, etc, although it is not very far to a great part of downtown for really good food.

There was a bit of traffic noise due to construction going on next door.

For late night snacking, there are cold drinks and chips and snacks at the front desk and the prices are very inexpensive. No gouging.

all in all a decent place to stay for business with room to stretch out and feel like you might not exactly be in a hotel...

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the construction site.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm glad you found our staff and suites satisfactory. The construction behind our hotel is scheduled to be completed in May of 2014. I believe you mentioned that we did not have an evening social when you were here. For future reference, we do offer a complimentary evening social that includes beer, wine, and a light dinner that we do on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings from 6PM to 7:30PM.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you back of your next trip to Fort Worth.

Brian Tigner
Lower Michigan
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Loved our stay here. We were in town for the Cowtown 50K race. The staff was very friendly. Rooms were huge and the property was nice. Great free breakfast. Would certainly stay here again if in town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple