Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District
Ranked #47 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed here for 20 nights in Feb 2014. This hotel was perfect for a long stay due to the attached kitchens in the rooms. On arrival we asked for an upgrade and they gave us a suite with separate bedroom and balcony, thanks! The suite was a good size with two flat screen TV's.
The hotel offers a free breakfast which has a varied hot and cold selection. They also offer free hot food and beverages 3 nights a week which saves cooking or eating out!
There is an outdoor pool, tennis court and small gym.
Free parking and WIFI is offered. The hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within 5 miles for free. This hotel is in a great area situated just off the lively West 7th street. There are more choices of bars and restaurants in this area than down town Fort Worth.
The staff here are great and made it feel like home for 3 weeks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with separate bedroom and living area.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Craig M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Love the location. Convenient for TCU. Nice Mexican restaurant in walking distance and Montgomery Plaza across the street has tons of restaurants, shops and super size Target! Rooms are big and clean. Nice outdoor pool. Great staff! Definitely will stay here again! Great value too!

Stayed August 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good location with lots of food options and more on their way. There is some shopping nearby. The hotel provides van access to the downtown and other points. It is just a short hop to the downtown. There is a nice park nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Eight of us were in town and this hotel and it's location was perfect. The hotel has a large "living room" off by itself. Bring your wine and cheese down and visit with family. The room was good size and bathroom spotless and well appointed. Our room included a small kitchen area and separate livingroom. Not much of a view but there is a park across the street, which was a nice unexpected bonus.
The front desk staff was very helpful and the breakfast each morning filled us up for the day ahead.
We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Taylor, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a large work group booked at this hotel. Everyone had confirmation numbers. Upon arrival, I found most of the reservations had been canceled or taken by someone else. My personal reservation was given to someone else. When I questioned the desk clerk if they could help me out, he stated that they were booked for the week and walked away. He didn't offer to help me locate another Marriot hotel.

Needless to say, I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Mr. C.,

Thank you for your feedback. It is my understanding that travelers in your group took both of the rooms you had reserved under your name. Upon your arrival, we were sold out, and were not able to take any new reservations.

This was an unfortunate situation, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this caused as I know this was frustrating and unintentional.

Please feel free to reach me at 817-885-8250 if you would like to discuss further.

Brian Tigner
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is in a good location. Our room 211 was beside the laundry room and it was very noisey so sleep was not great. You could hear laundry being done late at night 11pm and later. There was also a lot of door slamming in the morning which I am thinking came from storage closet by laundry room. I am a light sleeper so this was not great. The pool was small and there was no shade in the day so we avoided the pool until it was evening because it was too hot for me. The breakfasts were good and the staff was helpful and polite. Although the housekeeping staff sometimes would yell to each other in the hall in the morning. The rooms were clean and had lots of space for storage of clothes. The room was clean. I would consider this hotel again in the future but would ask for a room away from the laundry room.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the laundry room. At the end of a hall may be best also on the top floor becau...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChrisMac17
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay with us! I am sorry that you experienced some noise issues during your stay and want you to know that I have taken action to correct these issues. I also wanted to let you know that we have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again.

Carter Hord
Assistant General Manager
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The bad: The major problems with this place were the beds and pillows. The mattresses are saggy and uncomfortable, while the pillows are over stuffed, making it impossible to sleep well. I did not get one good night's sleep while we were there and my back hurt every morning (and I'm only 28 and in good shape). Also, the linens were bumpy- obviously worn out poly-blend. I had to go down to the desk to get a different sheet, which was replaced a few days later with ANOTHER pilled, scratchy sheet. This makes me think that it is probably a constant issue. My advice to the manager/ owner would be to update your bedding and mattresses- they are obviously cheap and worn out. We were considering this place for a family reunion next summer but the beds would have to be updated. Also, the water temperature in the shower would randomly switch between scalding hot and freezing which was really weird.

The good: The location for this hotel was great. It was easy to walk to different restaurants and there is a nice park across the street. Additionally, they have a shuttle service that will take a group to specific locations (restaurants or the stockyard, wherever) BUT it only lasts until 8pm. We were there for a wedding and the staff was very welcoming and accommodating.
The rooms were nice, I actually preferred our studio to our friends' suites that we saw. The only difference is that there is a wall separating the living area from the bedroom and there is an extra TV in the suite. It would be good for people traveling with kids. It was nice to have a full kitchen available in the room. The free wireless worked well and it was fun to play on the basketball court outside. Breakfast was decent, but they need a microwave in the breakfast area for those of us who prefer our eggs, bacon, etc hot instead of lukewarm.

Bottom line: great location and friendly staff but the beds and sheets are only 1 or 2 star quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Koakoakoa
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. It sounds like you had some positive experiences, as well as some areas of opportunity for us to improve on. I will share your comments with our senior leadership and ownership group.

Please feel free to reach me at 817-885-8050 if you would like to discuss further.

Brian Tigner