“Good room, not so good food....”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820
Ranked #65 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Not really much to say, met expectations for a hotel, good room, nice staff, good location, but stay away from the free dinner and breakfast. The rooms were nice and clean, the staff was really helpful, parking was nice and close, overall a totally average place. I can only provide the average rating because the the breakfast and dinner left a boring taste. After a week stay we ended up eating out all three meals for 4 of the 5 days. However, if you are looking for a good hotel with no without food considerations, then this is your place... but, it is a little overpriced without the "freebies". Would I go back...yes, if there was nothing closer to my final destination. After all that talk about average, I must give an A+ to the staff, they really were nice and pleasant and seemed to enjoy being at work.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 March 2011

We stayed here over the weekend and it was exactly what we were looking for. The hotel is in a great location, right off 820. The front desk clerk was very helpful and made check-in a breeze. The room was very spacious and clean. We were there for 2 nights and slept very very soundly both nights.
The perfect hotel for a family coming to ft worth that wants to be close to everything but not right in the middle of it. Thank you so much for a fantastic weekend!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2010

10 minutes from the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards we were attending the Red Steagall
cowboy gathering and the western swing music festival.
This is a well situated hotel on the i820 loop with easy access from the airport. first impressions were good with ample car parking and hotel ids beside a Dennys and a petrol station.
Easy check in. relaxed , friendly staff. Nice big aircon room. 2x queen sized beds. (travelling with my pal). They have a managers reception with free beer and hot food on weeknights. Excellent breakfast.
A special word of thanks for the hotel manageress who was extremely helpfull.
i thought that the price was very reasonable indeed.
Will definitely be back

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Fort Worth isn't cheap on the chain hotels, and this one came in at about 125$/night for a week's stay. There is nothing right around it but a Denny's and a Shell, but a quick jaunt to Lake Worth/Jacksboro Hwy, and you have drink and food options toward downtown or the opposite way. The hotel itself was nice (was here last Feb 2009 also), although the front desk did not recognize my Platinum status, or tell me when breakfast was or where the elevators were, but that's trivial. The room was average and clean. A few nights they had what looked to be a free basic buffet (saw burgers one night), but I'd pass on that and hit up one of the places near the hotel (Buffalo Wild Wings is always a good choice). I would rather have stayed downtown but the price was prohibitive.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My first Holiday Inn Express stay and it was the best Inn I visited in a while. Super clean, super nice new amenities. Staff visible and accomodating. Beds made nice, very comfortable. Kitchen area clean and food was good. Can honestly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I spent a week at this hotel and was very satisfied. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to a suite and was given two freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. The room was pretty big and had a sitting area that included a desk/chair, sofa with matching chair, and coffee table. The room was very clean and well appointed. As with most Holiday Inn Expresses, the bathroom was good sized and had a granite countertop as well as a roomy shower. The bed was very comfortable and two "firm" and two "soft" pillows were provided on the bed.

The hotel offers free wireless internet but it was pretty slow. I noticed the room had an ethernet cable connection and was able to get a cable (for free) from the front desk. The ethernet cable connection was much faster.

The hotel offered a free breakfast that was pretty good. They offered scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits, and gravy every morning. They also offered pastries, cereals, breads, yogurts, oatmeal, juices, coffees, etc. Overall, it was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Every late afternoon, the hotel offered more free food. I saw sloppy joes, nachos, sandwiches, etc. I didn't eat any of it but it looked/smelled pretty good. The hotel also had fresh baked cookies and lemonade/juices for their guests. Nice touch!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping changed the linens every morning and there was always plenty of towels. The hotel appeared to be near capacity but it was always quiet in the room. The one thing that stood out the most with this hotel was that it was clean.

Overall, this was a great hotel for the price.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank KSLawDawg
Reviewed 9 September 2006

My family and I just had our third great experience with this hotel. We stayed in room 106 and didn't have to worry about anything. Our rooms were super clean again and I felt comfortable letting my toddler play in this room without worrying that she would find something on the floor. We stayed 3 nights in a king non-smoking room and these non-smoking rooms don't smell like someone smoked in them and then they tried to cover it up like I've had happen before at other hotels. These rooms have a sleeper sofa, desk, refrigerator and microwave along with a coffee maker. I never bother to take my own hair dryer to this hotel as their in room hair dryer works great. I plan on staying here again. The breakfast is great for my family too. It has enough variation to please my toddler and my husband and I. I feel very safe in this hotel too. This is my second all time favorite hotel in the United States. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#46 of 115 in Fort Worth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820? Share your experiences!