“Get new light bulbs!”

Ranked #57 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fayetteville, AR
“Get new light bulbs!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here while in town for a wedding. Staff was very friendly and allowed our family to visit together in the breakfast area in the evening. The room was clean and spacious; beds were comfortable. We liked that there was a fridge and microwave in the room. Now for the dislike....every single bulb in the rooms was the bright white fluorescent which is very stark and unwelcoming. Even with it being a nice, clean room, the lighting made it very difficult to relax.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, IL (suburbs)
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was a second choice to my original planned HIX location but has now moved to the front of the line when I stay in the DFW area for the IndyCar race at Texas Motor Speedway. Check in was quick and handled efficiently. I was given the choice of 500 bonus points as a Platinum member of the IHG Rewards Club OR trail mix and a bottle of water, naturally I elected to take the points, especially since they had fresh chocolate chip cookies available for a mid-afternoon snack.

The room was comfortable and clean. We were on the backside of the hotel so noise from the interstate wasn't an issue. The HVAC system worked well and wasn't noisy, as is the case in many hotels. The room had USB outlets on the nightstand which was a pleasant surprise and came in handy. The beds were comfortable and aside from a minor glitch with the Wi-Fi ( which was promptly corrected ) things went smoothly.

The morning breakfast was the usual HIX fare and this breakfast dining area was very roomy and well maintained. The hotel is situated adjacent to a Denny's and a gas station is a few steps away.

My only real issue with this hotel is the lack of parking. There is parking in the front and just a few on the side ( 12 or so ) and although there is other parking near the back of the hotel, at night time, it's cloaked in darkness as there are no lights. We parked in the Denny's lot which is on the other side of the hotel lot ( and lit ) and separated by a row of bushes.

Overall, I was quite pleased with this hotel and if the new HIX across the street (still under construction) from Texas Motor Speedway isn't open by next year and affordable during race weekend, this hotel will be strongly considered again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel will probably be quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here, staff was very friendly and hotel was very clean, room was comfortable and also very clean, I know the review is short but this will be my first choice while visiting Lake Worth area again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cheyenne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Nathrach,
Thank you for your review! The staff and I are very pleased to know that your stay was EXCELLENT and that we will be your first choice when visiting the area. We await your return! Thank you again!
CheyenneC
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is conveniently located off loop 820. It's a new building therefore the hotel is in great condition.
- Check in was easy, friendly staff with lots of willingness to help you fast.(good sense of Urgency)
- The rooms are in great condition, the room was clean, beds were comfortable.
- Breakfast was great lots of different items to choose.
The hotel is located about 10-15 minutes away from the stockyards and also very convenient to major highways. There is a Dennys restaurant right next to the hotel and there is also a shopping center with lots of stores close by.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cheyenne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Elrazo,
Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your visit and our staff took good care of you. I love that you enjoyed breakfast as well. Yes, being next to the highway makes for an easy commute around Fort Worth. We look forward to your return! Thank you again for your comments!
Greetings from HIE Lake Worth
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here three different times traveling for work. This location is convenient to food and shopping. It has easy access to the highway. The staff is friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable. You could hear some highway noise even with the window closed, but it wasn't overly annoying. If I come back through on business, I'll stay again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Cheyenne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Walkingzombie73,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your most recent visit. I love that you had an enjoyable stay, and will be returning. Thank you very much again for your feedback! We will be waiting for your return!

Cheyenne Caplado
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 9 December 2013

If I were going back for fun rather than business I'd choose this location to visit the Stock Yards. It's kept up pretty well and the front desk was very friendly. The mattress was not the best though, or I would have given it a 'five' rating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear kayeteekaye,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to read that you will return for pleasure to visit the stockyards. I am sorry the mattress was not comfortable for you. This is something I will be keeping note of for future upgrades! Thank you again kayteekaye!

Cumming, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a business trip and I have no regrets. The price was reasonable, staff was friendly and the "free breakfast" was the usual continental provided by the holiday Inns but was nice.
I was originally booked for 4 night but I had to cut my trip short due to the wintry weather expected in the area. My room was nice and comfy. I was upgraded to a suite which made my stay even more enjoyable. The only bad thing about my stay was the TV in the fitness center stopped working after 5 minutes. I brought it to the attention of the staff but the same thing happened after she claimed it was fixed..
I will be going back next week., this time I hope the TV will work.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the front to ensure more quietness.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Cheyenne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Gerald732,

Thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay, even though the weather was horrible. I hate that it cut your trip short. I am very sorry that the T.V in the fitness room was not working, I have takin care of this issue and hope that during your next visit you will be able to enjoy watching T.V during your workout. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to your return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
#58 of 111 in Fort Worth
Staybridge Suites West Fort Worth
Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites
Candlewood Suites Fort Worth West
Candlewood Suites Fort Worth Wes...
#2 of 3 in White Settlement

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820? Share your experiences!