“Awesome hotel staff”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820
Ranked #57 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
“Awesome hotel staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here several nights and enjoyed everything. The breakfasts were hot and fresh. The evening meals were very good. The desk staff (especially Jenny) were all helpful and courteous. There was plenty of parking space. I saw several people taking advantage of the Fitness Center.

• Stayed August 2014
Cheyenne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Junevisits,

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us! I love that my desk staff were helpful and courteous to your needs. I will make sure and share your review with them. Thank you again for your review! We look forward to your return!

GM
cheyenne@hiexpresslakeworth.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Queensbury, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was here for business for the week. Overall it is your typical Holiday Inn Express - clean, nice check in, pleasant employees. This is a very good deal in that you get your usual breakfast (breads, yogurts, eggs, etc) - which are mostly frozen items reheated, so nothing fancy, but included in price. In addition, they do a manager reception in the evenings from 6-7 with food and drink (something like hot dogs and chips, or BBQ sandwiches) and tea, soda and beer. So if this works for your dinner, then you could have your room, breakfast and dinner for around $100 - $120 bucks. And really, if you were a family of 4 traveling, that is a great bargain with the food included. They have a small work out center and an outside pool. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms not bad. I stayed in a room facing the back, which I could hear trucks on the highway that this hotel is just off. Possibly if you stayed further away from the highway you wouldn't hear it.
It is very easy to get to off the highway, and next door is a Denny's and a gas station/store. Plus you are only a 1/2 mile from a lot of shopping plazas and stores, so any need you have is very convenient.

Room Tip: If facing the hotel - furthest to the right - away from highway.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Cheyenne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Jim D,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased you enjoyed your business trip here. Next time you visit us please reach out to me so we can make sure you are put into a quieter area of the hotel. Thank you again for your review!

Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent one night there in July and we will not go back.
The check in was quick and friendly although the manager that was checking us in kept getting personal calls but as I was watching her with a frown on my face she told whoever she was taking to that she had to go. Apparently there was going to be a party somewhere that she was a part of :).
When we opened the door to our room, there was a bad smell. I asked the house keeper to please spray something to eliminate the order. She did but it didn't help. We went on to the rodeo and came back late that night to the room that still smelled bad. When I pulled back the sheets I discovered that the sheets had not been changed from the previous occupants. We took pics of it and the dead bugs that were on the floor by the curtains. we called the front desk to report this and she was very nice but said the hotel was full and there was no where to put us. My husband went down to get clean sheets so we could make our bed and go on to sleep. The next morning we went down to tell the manager that checked us in what had happened. She said "how do you know that your sheets weren't changed?" and I showed her the pics and the pics of the bugs, and she said, "those are just water bugs". Sooooooo, we will not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Cheyenne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Drema S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheyenne@hiexpresslakeworth.com
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is close to a commercial area, so there is very good food options. The access to the hotel is easy. The only small "downside" is the small breakfast time, other than that, everything is fine. Friendly staff and good price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Fayetteville, AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here while in town for a wedding. Staff was very friendly and allowed our family to visit together in the breakfast area in the evening. The room was clean and spacious; beds were comfortable. We liked that there was a fridge and microwave in the room. Now for the dislike....every single bulb in the rooms was the bright white fluorescent which is very stark and unwelcoming. Even with it being a nice, clean room, the lighting made it very difficult to relax.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, IL (suburbs)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was a second choice to my original planned HIX location but has now moved to the front of the line when I stay in the DFW area for the IndyCar race at Texas Motor Speedway. Check in was quick and handled efficiently. I was given the choice of 500 bonus points as a Platinum member of the IHG Rewards Club OR trail mix and a bottle of water, naturally I elected to take the points, especially since they had fresh chocolate chip cookies available for a mid-afternoon snack.

The room was comfortable and clean. We were on the backside of the hotel so noise from the interstate wasn't an issue. The HVAC system worked well and wasn't noisy, as is the case in many hotels. The room had USB outlets on the nightstand which was a pleasant surprise and came in handy. The beds were comfortable and aside from a minor glitch with the Wi-Fi ( which was promptly corrected ) things went smoothly.

The morning breakfast was the usual HIX fare and this breakfast dining area was very roomy and well maintained. The hotel is situated adjacent to a Denny's and a gas station is a few steps away.

My only real issue with this hotel is the lack of parking. There is parking in the front and just a few on the side ( 12 or so ) and although there is other parking near the back of the hotel, at night time, it's cloaked in darkness as there are no lights. We parked in the Denny's lot which is on the other side of the hotel lot ( and lit ) and separated by a row of bushes.

Overall, I was quite pleased with this hotel and if the new HIX across the street (still under construction) from Texas Motor Speedway isn't open by next year and affordable during race weekend, this hotel will be strongly considered again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel will probably be quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here, staff was very friendly and hotel was very clean, room was comfortable and also very clean, I know the review is short but this will be my first choice while visiting Lake Worth area again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cheyenne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Nathrach,
Thank you for your review! The staff and I are very pleased to know that your stay was EXCELLENT and that we will be your first choice when visiting the area. We await your return! Thank you again!
CheyenneC
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth - Lake Worth
Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth I-35 Western Center
Staybridge Suites West Fort Worth
Candlewood Suites Fort Worth West
Candlewood Suites Fort Worth Wes...
#2 of 3 in White Settlement

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Lake Worth NW Loop 820? Share your experiences!