“Great location, big rooms, factor parking into cost”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #9 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, big rooms, factor parking into cost”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here for three nights over the holidays. It is a perfectly fine hotel with very large suite rooms - just like every other Embassy Suites except more recently refurbished and without the large atrium. Breakfast and the evening reception are served in a large double-height room on the seventh floor. The hot made-to-order breakfast was excellent. The location is also excellent, within easy walking distance of the Bass Concert Hall, Sundance Square, and many restaurants and bars. We enjoyed the barbecue at Riscky's and the beer at the Flying Saucer. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, but unfortunately they don't serve the full Starbucks menu - no frappuccinos, we assume because the blenders would be too noisy.

My only negative comment is a reminder to factor in the cost of the overnight valet parking which is quite convenient but around $25 per night if I recall correctly.

If you want the convenience of being within easy walking distance of the downtown sights but also want a good value and don't mind paying for valet parking, then this hotel is an excellent choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tracey C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for your review! We are glad you were able to enjoy several of our amenities and our convenient Sundance Square location. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Frisco, United States
Reviewed 8 January 2014

There is a restaurant inside the Embassy Suites Hotel that the hotel has not connection to. You cannot charge your meal to your room. I was treated as a second class citizen because I brought 2 small 8 x 10 shopping bags into the restaurant. I was the only customer. The waiter accused me of bringing in outside food and told me I had to eat in the lobby. I asked him to search my bags to prove that I had not food but he chose not to when I demanded a table and then subsequently told me the owner would be angry for allowing me to eat there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Embassy Suites downtown Fort Worth is a very good hotel. It is situated two blocks from Sundance Square and one block from Bass Performance Hall. It is within walking distance of several good restaurants and local "watering holes". This facility is very clean, well kept, and represents the Embassy Suites very well. The complementary cocktail hour and breakfast was also very good. There is a Coffee Shop in the Lobby where you can get Starbucks coffee, snacks, and misc items you might need. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful with local directions and recommendations. Being downtown, the hotel only has valet parking, but there are parking garages very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for all your kind words! We are glad to know our location served you well as well as our Starbucks. Thank you again for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Fort Worth-Downtown.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had a total of 4 rooms for the weekend after New Years, which happened to be Cotton Bowl weekend. The hotel is in an excellent location for just about anything you would want to do in FW. The best part of staying here was the excellent staff, especially Darby at the front desk. Without exception, the staff went above and beyond with every request. When they found out we were there for my father's funeral, they sent my mom a box of chocolates and a vase of flowers. A gesture that will not be forgotten.

Each of our rooms was a bit different layout. 612 was a king and the smallest, but had lots of outside light. There was quite a bit of traffic noise until midnight. The interior courtyard rooms were much more quiet, but darker.

Evening reception with light snacks and the full breakfast were both good.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard room are more quiet, but darker. All rooms that end in 01 are accessable, but onl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Darby know that she helped you have a great stay with us through this difficult time. All of us at Embassy Suites Fort Worth-Downtown are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Denton, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

What a wonderfully magical stay at the Embassy Suites. The location was perfect as our visit included the Fort Worth Symphony and the comedy club which were in walking distance. The complementary breakfast was superb as was the service and hospitality. I would recommend this great hotel to any of my friends or colleagues. Thank you Embassy Suites for starting my New Year's off with a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for spending your New Year's here with us at the Embassy Suites Fort Worth- Downtown. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. Hope you have a wonderful 2014!
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Room was a nice size and the breakfast and happy hour was a good bonus. Good location for activities in Sundance Square. Minor issues: Stayed in a handicapped room where the shower handle was broken. There was a homeless person out front while we were checking out who was begging for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank James J
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy many of our amenities. I thank you for your feedback regarding the shower as we have been sure to take care of that issue. I apologize for the outside disturbances that occurred during your stay. Please contact me directly at tracey@embassysuitesfw.com to ensure your next stay with us is excellent.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I recently celebrated our December birhtdays, and decided to stay at the Embassy Suites in downtown Fort Worth. The hotel was very nice, and within walking distance to the hilarious Four Day Weekend, Christmas lights at Sundance Square, and the Reatta for a delicious dinner. The valets really hustle, and waiting times were minimal. Our stay was made even better by front desk assistant Diana, who was very friendly and attentive to all our needs. She was very helpful with getting my wife checked in ahead of me, giving directions, providing a corkscrew for our celebratory bottle of wine, and just being a really nice person! I stay in hotels a lot, and it is so nice to receive over the top service. We will glady stay at the Embassy Suites again, and a special thanks to Diana!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your birthday! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Diana was helpful and provided excellent service to you and your wife! I will be sure to share your comments with her. We hope to have you both back for your next special occasion!