“Fort Worth Experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #11 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Fort Worth downtown is so alive with theater, music, restaurants and nightlife. Staying at the Embassy was a wonderful experience; clean rooms, happy hour, delicious breakfast and such friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was there for a large event, and the room prices were jacked way up. We paid $425 per night...can you say rip off? When I spend that kind of $$, I expect the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, not this dump.
First of all, there is NO self parking, so be prepared to pay $22 per day for valet parking. Next, the front desk is way understaffed, so have plenty of time to wait in line. The staff is very nice though, and do their best.
Our room was hot, and the air conditioning turned itself off at random times. We kept waking up in the night to turn it back down. The unit in the bedroom clicked all night as well.
The bathroom is the size of a telephone booth, and the "closet" is one of those cardboard armoires you see in a Motel 6, not a $425 room. In addition, there were no water bottles (free or otherwise) in the room and there is no newspaper left at the door. We had friends lucky enough to get in at the Omni, and they paid half what we did, and had those amenities.
I don't usually stay at places like Embassy Suites, because I like nice hotels and am willing to pay more for them. This was the worst of both worlds, mediocre hotel at luxury prices. Avoid the Embassy Suite in Fort Worth unless you like being made a fool of.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have been travelling to Forth Worth ( business trips ) for the past 4 years. In that time, I have stayed @ 3 different hotels. The Embassy is by far my favourite! As I spend a week at a time,having the suite makes me feel at home. They are comfortable & clean.The staff is super friendly, always greeted with a big smile. Don't miss out on the complimentary breakfast - something for everyone. I try to pop in for a drink after a long day at the office, again, complimentary.LOCATION! right in the heart of beautiful downtown! I will be back there next week, 2nd time this year. The Embassy makes my business trip a great one! Karen - Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We are a family of 3. We stayed there the weekend of May 15th 2014. The location was right next to Sundance square so I thought that would keep me and my little girl occupied while my spouse attended a CE meeting nearby.

The room was on the 11th floor in a corner, the space was like a long narrow closet. Clean when we got there but I had to make them come clean the room the next day. the only window was in an obscure offset corner of the room

The breakfast was better than a hampton inn or holiday inn express but it was not a fancy breakfast I expected for that kind of money we paid. We did get our own omelette and stuff like that.. Not bad at all but very hodge podge too.

We strolled out to Sundance Square during the weekday. Really what's the big deal? it's nice and all but its not a tourist destination to me.. If I thought that was 4 star great, I would need to get out more. We ended up going to a really nice Zoo near by but we didn't need to stay at that hotel for that.

I would say there are some really nice places to eat around sundance square.

HERES WHAT GOT THE review to one star (otherwise would of been 3) When we left to go to a hotel closer to 6 flags, we left my daughter's favorite toy called a perplexes (perhaps it rolled in to the obscure corner of that strange cut up closet called my hotel room). After an hour or less from the time we left the room. We were getting ready to go to 6 flags, then we thought about it and called the hotel to save it for us. The really nice girl on the phone was trained to sound nice on the phone an say "yes" "okay" we will have it right here at the desk for you tomorrow. She tried to find it but the maid already (in less than hour) finished cleaning the room. Well I think that lazy maid stole it (the same maid that had to be forced to clean the room when we were staying there)

The young staff is nice but they are all kids and lack communication with one another. When I called that morning, the girl I talked to was not there and the people that were there had no idea what I was talking about. Thats not classy for any hotel, that alone is enough to sink you stars.

Room Tip: stay away from the corner rooms that are more narrow than the others, get windows facing the street
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank luvplaya40
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent hotel with friendly staff. Valet parking only however they provide quick service. Dining room for breakfast is on a higher floor and not on ground floor which is good. We were able to use the room in the late evenings to gather and socialize with our family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I travel a lot and stay almost exclusively at Hilton properties. This is one of the best. Some of them are getting older and run down..not this one. It is also in a great location for business travelers working anywhere down town.

The staff is great too. Darby, Branford, and Jesse provided exceptional service. Kudos to them and everyone else. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip down.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Tracey C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your kind review and appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to hear my front desk team took especially great care of you. We hope to have you back again here at the Embassy Suites Fort Worth Downtown soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is perfectly located in central downtown Ft Worth. You won't need your car once you arrive. Walking is the way to go for everything. Right next to the Bass Performance Hall. Great service and polite staff. Rooms are very nice and lots of space. Take advantage of the free cocktails every night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracey C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your response! We appreciate your review and look forward to future stays here with us at the Embassy Suites Fort Worth Downtown.