“Excellent motel, Excellent service!”

Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth I-35 Western Center
Ranked #60 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Our family spent one night here. We were very impressed with the front desk associate, Joanie Kazelis. Ms. Joanie was kind, friendly, helpful, and an absolute professional. She ought to be recognized and put in a position of leadership!

This motel is one of the cleanest establishments in which we have ever stayed. The bathroom is beautiful and guests are provided with toiletries above & beyond the typical soap or shampoo. My husband was happily surprised to see "real" suit hangers!

We will certainly tell everyone about this motel & we will happily stay here again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
texasmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth I-35 Western Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you so much for your comments, we are always so happy to hear from our guests and love to hear that you had a great stay. Our staff and owners are dedicated to providing the best service and amenities to our guests. I will pass your positive feedback along to Joanie she will be very pleased, again thank you so much for staying at our location,we hope to see you again when you are traveling this way.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

The staff appears not interested in the consumers and in a hurry to get u out of their face.the hotel is clean but by far its definitely not a warming or friendly atmosphere. They double charge your credit card and are in no hurry to get it back to you. The hotel manager assures you that she will research and get back to u but these promises never come to pass

• Stayed: September 2012

We wanted to thank you for the constructive feedback. We value your opinion and would love to have you back sometime. We are very proactive in the training of our associates and are really sorry if someone gave you the impression that you are not a valuable guest. We will definately address this in our next staff meeting. I always address the issue of billing with our guests personally, I know how important this is in todays economy, if I failed to get back to you on a billing issue I am very sorry, I always address this the day I receive the inquirey, if I failed to get your messasge I apoligize, please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can answer any questions you may have. 817-234-9033.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I went to this hotel to have a slumber party for my daughters birthday. when i arrived, from the minute i walked thru the door my terrible experience started. The staff here was horrible. the lady on duty when i arrived was Joni. she was not friendly and when i asked for a early check in she felt the need to remindly me rudely that check in time was 3pm. i was already advised of this but prior to my booking the room. i was advised that check in was 3pm but if a room was available i would be able to check in as early as 12 noon. I didnt argue with the woman i just said that was fine and sat in the lounge until a room was available. later that day when all the girls arrived they decided to go swimming, we took the towels out of the restroom of the hotel and went down to the pool. after getting to the pool we discovered that the hotel provided pool towels. we didnt bother with them as we had already grabbed the towels from the room. when we returned to the room, i had my daughter call downstairs to ask for more towels as the girls now needed to shower. when my daughter hung up, she said "mom, the lady was rude and told me she couldnt bring me towels and to come get them myself". Again, me trying to keep confusion down on her birthday, I told her, just go get the towels so ya'll can take showers. so wehn my dughter went to get towels, she stated Joni would only give her 2 big towels and no face towels. I then called downstairs yet again and advised the young lady that i had 5 girls at a slumber party that needed to showers and she told me and i quote: " i can give you a couple more towels, but make sure you dont take them home with you". i have never felt so disrespected in my life. for her to imply that we were going to steal hotel towels. i assured her that we would shower and bring the towels to the front desk as soon as we were finished. At this point im almost in tears im so furious but i still refused to go off as i have my daughter and her friends and dont want to go off and be the bad person. The lady joni advised me that they did not have much clean linen and that was why she was unable to provide the linen that was needed. i made my daughter open her birthday gift (a comforter set) and put sheets on the couch bed in order for some of the girls to sleep there. when we woke up this morning and were getting dressed and preparing to leave. housekeeping knocks and bursts in while we are getting dressed and says dont you check out today? i said yes maam but check out is at 12 noon right? then she apologizes and walks away. after we were dressed and prepared to leave i walked out the door and noticed that my bill with all my personal information for my account was laying in the middle of the hallway. thats when i called corporate. the lady i spoke with on the phone did not appear to be interested but did contact the hotel staff and have them offer me a $30 discount. honestly, i would like to not have to pay for this experience at all. i would not accept a night free.they can have it. i would never stay nor recommend this hotel again.i stay at hotels often but this experience was horrific. they appear to be trying to save money because the issue with the towels and the note in the restroom that says re-use towels and the fact that we took a dvd player to watch movies and the hotel has a block on the tv that prevents u from watching movies as they would prefer you to buy theirs. ive never stayed at a hotel where the kids couldnt bring their own games and movies. needless to say if you are looking for top notch, THIS IS NOT IT!!!!!!!

Room Tip: dont come here
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharoneverage
texasmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth I-35 Western Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience while a guest at our hotel. We do our best to please all our guest and I am sorry that this was not the case for you.We were sold out the night before your arrival so did not have a room ready for you when you came in.Our front desk agent did have housekeeping get a room cleaned immediately for you and was able to have you checked in by 12:03.Joanie did not start her shift until 3 pm so was not the person who checked you in.We do have ample terry and linen in our rooms for arriving guests and if there is a need for more towels we try to honor that request,depending on how many towels we have given out to guests, our supply is sometimes limited.So I am so sorry we did not have the extra towels you requested.We are a limited service hotel and the evening shift is limited to one person on slower nights and they are not allowed to leave the desk,so we do ask our guests to come down for extra supplies.When there are additional staff available we are more than happy to take needed items to our guest.We supply extra bed linen in the dresser drawer for our sofa sleepers for your convenience.Our checkout time in 12 noon,but many of our guest leave without coming to the front desk to check out as they have received their receipt under the door.When housekeeping see guest leaving the room they do knock and wait for a response before entering.We do participate in the Project Planet program and allow our mutiple night guest the choice in participating.We do not view this as a money saving opportunity but a save our valuable resources opportunity.We offer Lodgenet movies and games for our guests pleasure and use,this is an outsideservice because our guests have requested it.Charter provides our cable and free movie channels and with the equipment installed it is not feasible for it to be unhooked for personal games and DVD's.Again I am sorry for your concerns,we did offer you a discount, and ask that you come back as our guest to experience the great customer service we do provide.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The staff at this hotel are so helpful and courteous. The rooms seem brand new, the furniture is beautiful, the bathrooms are spotless and the decor is refreshing. The breakfast selection was impressive but even more impressive was their evening manager's reception with free beer, wine and a full meal including salad, mashed potatoes and rib burgers! There was no need for a restaurant so it stretches your dollar far. I will be back as this is my Fort Worth hotel of choice for sure.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your comments of our Hotel. It is so nice to know that the hard work of the staff is being appreciated. We do try to offer the best service and amenitys possible to our guest. Glad to hear you will be returning, we look forward to seeing you again.

Kay Jernigan
General manager

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was only here one night for business. However, in that one night, I found this hotels accommodations to be excellent. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bathroom facilities were spotless. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. And for those looking to stretch their travel dollar a bit, the hot breakfast was good, if not better than, going to a restaurant. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012

We are so glad to hear you had a great stay,I hope anytime you are in town either for business or leisure you choose to stay with us. Thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Kay Jernigan
General manager

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Easy in and out location. Good access to things to do around the town. Plenty places to eat in the area and easy to get to anything else you may want.

A small warning about Fort Worth in General (not exclusive to the hotel) Their water is horrible, smells and taste like a fish bowl everywhere you go.... bring/buy bottled water.

Room Tip: Go for an upper room. I think they would be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We came into town to celebrate my fiance's daughters 14th birthday who lives in Fort Worth. We wanted to find a hotel where we could have an ajoining room, an indoor pool and a place that accepted pets. We got lucky and found this holiday inn express and it just happen to be less then 3 miles from their house. The ajoining room was a king suite and the other room had 2 queens. It was perfect for her and her friends. The pool was open 24 hours. The staff helped us by giving us forks and plates so the girls could have pizza and cake. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We were on the side facing I-35 and I did not notice any highway noise. The breakfast in the morning was good. There was ham, omlets, pancakes, biscuits and gravy and cinnamon rolls. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel and the hotel was very convenient to get to. I will stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2012