“Nice Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth-West/I-30
Ranked #3 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This is a typical Hampton property and looks fairly new. Hotel has all the cleanliness of the Hilton standards. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. Room service did not replenish my coffee and left dirty towels in my bathroom but did replenish them. A little odd but did not affect my opinion. I will stay here again because the price is better than others in the area. Very close to shopping and food. Easy to get to off Camp Bowie or I-30.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Matt H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth-West/I-30, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Fort Worth, TX. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us. I wanted to thank you for bringing the issues you did have with your stay to my attention so I can make sure that they are corrected for your next stay and for future guests. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest and your comments will help us in achieving this goal. Thank you once again for staying with us and I hope that you will visit us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth-West/I-30

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Typical Hampton Inn as I stay at them often for business. Pleasant, expected usual Hampton cleanliness, lighted parking, The location is excellent for getting on I-30 and the nearby shopping center. Close to many restaurants with quite the variety nearby as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed there for a week...no complaints...nice clean friendly service level 3 hotel!! Parking lot is well lit at night...felt safe enough to fill 150 gift bags at midnight! The staff was very warm and friendly!!

I arrived late Friday night and had forgotten to order down free room...the night clerk personally found down free pillows and brought them to my room!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Overall, what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. On the plus side, I would say the quality of their personnel and professionalism was on the higher than average side. Things were run like clockwork -- breakfast, coffee in the afternoons in the lobby and afternoon cookies also. Very nice touch -- run very professionally. Also, the facility was clean at all times-- made you feel good about coming back. I also enjoyed their small work out room -- it was small, but had both a treadmill and free weights --very nice. If I had to point out any minuses, I would say the "quality" of the breakfast was on the lighter side. They serve what I call the "fake eggs" (you know what I mean) and no hard boiled real ones to make up for it. But overall, it was decent and hot -- with sausage or bacon also. One minor issue, my shower seemed to want to run "hot only" and it was hard to get it cool enough for me (but again, only minor issue). Overall, I would return again since the major issues clearly go in their favor.

Room Tip: If you dont mind the security of a ground floor room, you may choose that since the elevators were a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I always like the staff here; specifically the front desk and breakfast servers. This is your typical Hampton Inn, no surprises. The location is right off I-30 making it a good location for NAS Fort Worth or Lockheed Martin but probably a poor choice for meetings downtown since you would be traveling with the traffic during rush hours. I've never noticed any road noise from the highway. Limited on the surrounding food options since the hamburger place across the street closed. There is a mall and grocery store you could walk to just across the bridge over I-30.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here for two nights for a business trip. I drove from DFW and it was easy to find, right off I-30. I had some concerns about my car being broken into based on some reviews of neighboring hotels, but I had no issues at all. I had the king semi-suite, which was a one-room "suite" that had the bed, a couch, desk, fridge, microwave, and flat screen tv. Also, free wi-fi is much appreciated. There was some road noise from the interstate, but it didn't keep me awake or anything so I wouldn't let that dissuade you from staying here. It was very nice!

Some other nice things about the hotel: 1) fresh baked cookies for free in the lobby along with infused ice water; 2) free breakfast every morning was excellent! Make-your-own waffles, bagels w/cream cheese, assorted pastries and muffins, cereal, fruit, juice, plus a rotating daily menu of hot items like omelets, french toast sticks, hash browns, etc. Usually hotel breakfasts are lacking, but not this one!; 3) I didn't get a chance to use them, but this hotel had a very nice looking pool, hot tub, patio, workout room, and business center.

Cons:
These are all nit-picky as I didn't have any real complaints about the hotel. First, I had recently hurt my neck and the pillows were reaaaaaaaaally soft. I normally wouldn't have even noticed, but I ended up having to stack multiple pillows to get any sort of firmness for neck support.
Second, since the shower was a walk-in, glass enclosure that meant there was no tub ledge to sit things on. There was one tiny ledge that would hold a bar of soap, but otherwise you have to put all your toiletries on the shower floor which means a lot of bending over to pick up bottles. Again, normally not a big deal but the neck injury made it very annoying.

Overall, this hotel was everything I was hoping it would be when I booked it and I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever in the area. I was comfortable, felt safe, and felt kinda sad when I had to check out.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I opted for the relatively newer hampton Inn over the Courtyard just across the street. Big error. Cost was the same but the "newer" Hampton was not as good for the following reasons.

1. Location makes it more susceptible to freeway noise than the below grade setback Courtyard.

2. The Hampton's standard linen package was passe in the 80's much less today. The quality of the fitted sheets is minimumly acceptable with polyester threads making them almost unbeaerable.

3. The standard Hampton showerhead is for the birds--cheap non functional and devoid of water pressure.

I fell for the newer is better mantra. Next time in west or central Fort Worth, I will be spending my $150 at the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Just read my review.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business