“Not bad for the price”

Ranked #64 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Concord, New Hampshire
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I spent two weeks in this location recently when I was in DFW for training. The hotel was modern, clean, and the price was decent. Having free laundry facilities was great, and there were a few good places to eat within walking distance. Most of the people that were staying at this hotel were American Airlines employees, so I didn't see one child there during my entire stay. The room is about the same size as a normal hotel room, but has a fridge, stove and dishwasher in it. There were also some grills in the back of the hotel that were free to use, but the front desk didn't have anything to light them with, so be sure to bring your own lighter.

I have a few complaints. The hotel is right under the flight path for DFW, and the walls and windows are thin, so there is a lot of airplane noise. Also, the maid only comes once a week if you are there for a long period of time. I used the van service every day, and they were always 10-15 min late to pick me up. I guess they pick up from the Holiday Inn next door first, but it is still annoying to have to wait around for them.

All in all, not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear mboette,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We strive everyday to create special experiences one guest at a time and we are happy you were able to experience it. On the other hand, please accept our apology for the shortcomings you have experienced. We appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
DeWitt, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here four nights while visiting family. Asked for a free room upgrade on check in and was given a two room suite. Full kitchen, separate bedroom and living area. Very, very clean, quiet and safe. It was a little pricey but I was in Dallas and the location was perfect. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a less expensive room and ask for a free upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I had an enjoyable stay at the hotel, arriving late on April 17th to catch an early flight from DFW the following morning at 5:45am. The onsite manager at 4am, Todd, went out of his way to save us the hassle of parking at the airport, which we were planning to do. Todd gave us more than enough information and provided service that many onsite in early or late hours at other hotels could easily have done. But not Todd. I don't often leave feedback or write reviews, but feel it is warranted in this instance. While the facilities are typical of an airport hotel, the service shines.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This is my second review after a second stay. With the first stay 15 months earlier, I was quite pleased and gave four stars. I am reviewing again and revising to three stars for two reasons:

1) The accommodations have declined in quality. I think I had originally stayed after a renovation when everything was new. It appears the rooms have declined with use. I would say it is still clean, reasonably well maintained, but it certainly looks like a mid-tier well worn facility now.

2) The airport shuttle is terrible. I called upon landing and was told it would be a 10 minute wait. It took 45 minutes for the shuttle to come. We then drove around for another 15 minutes picking up more passengers. An hour and twenty minutes after the original call was placed we arrived at the hotel with a van full of people leading to a long check in line. Yes it was free, but it wasn't worth it.

Overall it is now an average facility, was an average stay, and I am unlikely to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear jb1234567,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the airport shuttle and the room accommodations have been documented and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Since this is an airport hotel, which suggests overnight stays, it's really not intended to wow you. But as an airport hotel, it's fine, not great, but good enough.

It does have a reliable shuttle, a decent fitness room open until 10pm, a small patio with tables if you want some fresh air, and fast food (Wendy's, McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Jersey Mike's, an Asian place, and a hamburger joint within walking distance.) Just about three miles down highway 360, driving distance, is Six Flags amusement park, plenty of sports bars and restaurants.

This hotel is typically booked with pilots in town for flight training, hence the frequent shuttle which does make a couple extra stops.

In the lobby you'll find free wifi, two computers, clean bathrooms, couches and chairs, a small cubbard with some snacks and necessities.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows that open.
Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Jamie-SoloTraveler,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. My apologies we did not exceed your expectations with the service and facilities you received. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This was my second visit to a Candlewood Suites in Dallas.
I was impressed by the entrance and the check in was effortless.
The room was a good size and had great facilities too.
Unfortunately I found the room to be quite dirty - there were hairs on the bathroom floor, and the carpet in the bedroom looked filthy and had what looked like chewing gum stuck to it in places.
The room also had an unpleasant aroma.
In terms of nearby places to eat, there are a couple of restaurant within walking distance, a 7Eleven and Shell store.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear James B,

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from housekeeping. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Riverdale, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Early Check in was facilitated after a short wait. The staff was great about it too.

The room was all I needed. Full Kitchen, comfy bed an free internet. The Wifi was a bit spotty on my wireless devices, I guess it was just me. I figure the Ethernet would have worked fine.

Needed some essentials in the AM, the cupboard (small store in the lobby) solved those needs, at a marked-up cost of course! :)

A bit of a pointer, I needed to call the shuttle when I got curbside at the airport, as it didn't circle like I'd usually find at MIA. took about 10 minutes, and another 5-10 minutes to get to the hotel.

Its also near to food, so that helped. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
#19 of 110 in Fort Worth
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless
Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford

Been to Candlewood Suites DFW South? Share your experiences!