“Nice hotel with kitchenette in room”

Candlewood Suites DFW South
Ranked #68 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Candlewood Suites near the Dallas Fort Worth airport was nice. The front desk staff was friendly, although i did get the impression that they were fairly new. The room was comfortable, and the kitchenette with a full size refrigerator was definitely appreciated.
The only drawback as a frequent traveler is that they did not offer complimentary breakfast. This may seem small, and it is, but if I have a choice I generally go with a hotel that offers this service. At over $100 a night, it is a nice feature to include in your stay especially if you are traveling with your family.
Since this room was booked for me by a co-worker, it was fine. Comfortable and close to the airport. They also offer a shuttle service to the airport that runs 24 hours a day, which was helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dudley M

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at the Candlewood for work off and on for the last 2 years. They continually have been replacing worn items. The biggest improvement to me was replacing the old washer and dryers with new ones. I just saw that they are replacing the old worn out recliners and desk chairs as the need it. Overall a good hotel for an extended stay or a short stay.
There are several restaurants near by. I like JJ's, Hot Bowl and Holiday Inn restaurant the best. The work out room is nice and the equipment is well maintained. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. The hotel is owned by the same company as the Holiday Inn next door. So if you like too they will also let you use Holiday Inn swimming pool.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dottopilot
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed overnight here while in town for business at the American Airlines Training Center. The hotel provides shuttle service to the training center. They dropped all of us in one spot regardless of where we needed to be. It's a pretty big campus so I had to walk for awhile with all my luggage after being dropped off. Next time I will talk to the driver and see if he can make a couple of stops to get me a little closer to where I need to be.

The hotel room was nice. The room had a microwave, fridge, stove, dishes, iron and ironing board, desk, free wifi, all the conveniences. There is no breakfast but Starbucks is just down the street. I had dinner at the airport and brought a big bottle of water with me after reading other reviews. There is a little store off the lobby with microwave snacks, and a few fast food options walking distance away.

This was very convenient, easy, good shuttle service from the airport. The room and bathroom were both very clean and modern. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lovevacations99
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I spent two weeks in this location recently when I was in DFW for training. The hotel was modern, clean, and the price was decent. Having free laundry facilities was great, and there were a few good places to eat within walking distance. Most of the people that were staying at this hotel were American Airlines employees, so I didn't see one child there during my entire stay. The room is about the same size as a normal hotel room, but has a fridge, stove and dishwasher in it. There were also some grills in the back of the hotel that were free to use, but the front desk didn't have anything to light them with, so be sure to bring your own lighter.

I have a few complaints. The hotel is right under the flight path for DFW, and the walls and windows are thin, so there is a lot of airplane noise. Also, the maid only comes once a week if you are there for a long period of time. I used the van service every day, and they were always 10-15 min late to pick me up. I guess they pick up from the Holiday Inn next door first, but it is still annoying to have to wait around for them.

All in all, not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear mboette,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We strive everyday to create special experiences one guest at a time and we are happy you were able to experience it. On the other hand, please accept our apology for the shortcomings you have experienced. We appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here four nights while visiting family. Asked for a free room upgrade on check in and was given a two room suite. Full kitchen, separate bedroom and living area. Very, very clean, quiet and safe. It was a little pricey but I was in Dallas and the location was perfect. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a less expensive room and ask for a free upgrade.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I had an enjoyable stay at the hotel, arriving late on April 17th to catch an early flight from DFW the following morning at 5:45am. The onsite manager at 4am, Todd, went out of his way to save us the hassle of parking at the airport, which we were planning to do. Todd gave us more than enough information and provided service that many onsite in early or late hours at other hotels could easily have done. But not Todd. I don't often leave feedback or write reviews, but feel it is warranted in this instance. While the facilities are typical of an airport hotel, the service shines.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This is my second review after a second stay. With the first stay 15 months earlier, I was quite pleased and gave four stars. I am reviewing again and revising to three stars for two reasons:

1) The accommodations have declined in quality. I think I had originally stayed after a renovation when everything was new. It appears the rooms have declined with use. I would say it is still clean, reasonably well maintained, but it certainly looks like a mid-tier well worn facility now.

2) The airport shuttle is terrible. I called upon landing and was told it would be a 10 minute wait. It took 45 minutes for the shuttle to come. We then drove around for another 15 minutes picking up more passengers. An hour and twenty minutes after the original call was placed we arrived at the hotel with a van full of people leading to a long check in line. Yes it was free, but it wasn't worth it.

Overall it is now an average facility, was an average stay, and I am unlikely to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear jb1234567,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the airport shuttle and the room accommodations have been documented and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A

Candlewood Suites - Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
DFW Airport Marriott South
DFW Airport Marriott South
#22 of 115 in Fort Worth

Been to Candlewood Suites DFW South? Share your experiences!