“Clean room, no King sized beds”

Candlewood Suites DFW South
Ranked #64 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Houston, TX
“Clean room, no King sized beds”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. As a previous reviewer mentioned, there was no complementary breakfast and the bathroom didn't offer hair conditioner or body lotion. The bathroom was nice sized. There is a nice kitchenette with free bag of microwave.

There is not a king sized bed in the entire property which was a bit of disappointment (I didn't notice that in the room description when I booked the reservation). The queen sized bed was comfortable enough, but too small for my 6'4" hubby and I. This property caters to lone business travelers and it is perfect for that. We saw the shuttle van frequently coming and going to the airport.

There is a Starbucks & several restaurants within walking distance.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
marietta GA
Reviewed 5 June 2014

a long term stay type property, so lacking in some normal hotel amenities such as breakfast.
stafff was very friendly and helpful - i had made reservation with points for the wrong date and they were very accommodating.
rooms were large - kitchen and living area.
one huge complaint - ac only in living area - hard for bedroom to get cool without living area freezing.
decent choice of fast food in the immediate area.
property was clean and safe.

nothing extra special to note but nothing bad either.
overall not a bad choice for an overnight airport stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marieatta_pman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear marieatta_pman,

Thank you for your recent stay and for leaving a review of our property. I am delighted to know that our rooms worked for you and that our staff to be highly commendable. It is motivating on our end to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

On the other hand, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the air conditioning unit in your room may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fort Worth.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights and only rate this hotel as average. The bed was not that great and there was shampoo but no conditioner or body lotion in the room. The suites, with the refrigerator and microwave, were nice but we did not need them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear golferkay,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting a review about our property. We’re glad that you liked the cleanliness and location of our hotel. Thank you for the high score in value. We’re sorry you were not satisfied with the bed quality and bathroom amenities. We take all positive and negative comments seriously as our best resource for improvements.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty. We look forward to another opportunity of serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel, the staff are always helpful and professional. The lobby area is nice, right off of the lobby is the cupboard, very nice selection of snacks and drinks. The workout room is small but the equipment is very good. The rooms are great, you get a full kitchen, nice queen bed along with plenty of room to work. I prefer this over a standard hotel room. There's a lot of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I highly recommend the Candlewood Suites DFW South.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Fort Stockton
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband booked a group of rooms for us and some friends and booked the wrong date, we noticed this when we checked our bank account. As soon as I noticed I called the property and manager was out till Monday I called Monday and spoke to Adrian and he said he would take a look at it, he did and took care of us refunded us our money, which we are so grateful for. We booked again for the correct days. We arrived and the hotel and it was beautiful, front desk agent was awesome very professional and well mannered. Rooms were clean and very comfy. This stay was perfect and We couldn't have asked for better! Thank you Again Adrian and Candlewood DWF staff!

Room Tip: Upper Floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is situated close to DFW airport. Rooms are clean and spacious. Great having a full ktichen. AC worked well. Has on site free laundry room, you just need your own soap but they do sell these items and others in their on site store. staff a very friendly and helpful. Free airport shuttle.Lost of food options available (mostly fast food) in walking distance. I would definately stay here again. Its own by the same company that owns the Holiday in next door. Rooms here are a bit cheaper and you get the full kitchen.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have stayed at the Candlewood Suites DFW south for over three months on business. I am a platinum member at both the Hilton Hotel Honors Club and the IHG Hotel Reward Clubs. I highly recommend the Candlewood Suites DFW South for the high quality of customer service, affordability, and cleanliness. The Candlewood Suites DFW South is by far one of the cleanest establishments I have ever stayed in. Special acknowledgment to Carmen and Marta for keeping my suite sparkling clean. Special acknowledgment to the General Manager (Mr. Adrian Acosta) for setting the tone for high quality customer service throughout the organization. When I met Mr. Acosta he drove me in the hotel shuttle to the supermarket. He was so patient and mild mannered I asked him to give me the name of his supervisor so that I can acknowledge his service. He smiled and advised he was the General Manager and only stepped in to drive me because the dedicated drivers were unavailable. Simply amazing! Special acknowledgement to the Sales Manager (Mr. Michael Green) who took the time to give me a tour of the facility, including the room that I would be staying in. In addition, Mr. Green went above and beyond to expedite the resolution of a billing error for me. Both Mr. Acosta and Mr. Green are very personable and always greeted me by name and with a smile. Special acknowledgment to the front desk staff, especially Priscilla, Rachel, & Tiffany. They were just delightful to interact with. Pricilla, Rachel, & Tiffany went out of their way to provide phenomenal customer service with a smile and to ensure that the shuttle drivers arrived on time to get me to my destination on time. Special acknowledgment to the maintenance and operations staff that also double as shuttle drivers (when needed), for their phenomenal customer service: J.Cruz, Antonio, Gilberto, Jose, Luis, & Carlos. Finally, very special acknowledgement to the designated shuttle driver Luis and the drivers that are shared with the Holiday Inn : Rigo, Jean Louis, & Johnny.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
#19 of 110 in Fort Worth
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless
Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford

Been to Candlewood Suites DFW South? Share your experiences!