“60th Birthday Treat”

Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #6 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I made reservations for the brunch. I even noted I had food allergies. The manager met us at the desk and pointed out which foods I could or could not eat. The brunch was wonderful . Unfortunately it went down hill from there., It was noted on my reservations I have scent allergies, and we walked into a room so strong, I had an asthma attack. Had to returned to the lobby and wait for another room. We were taken to another room, much smaller than the first. I was really insulted, since we were paying $300 a night . Called the front desk and expressed displeasure and left the hotel to walk around downtown., While we were out, I was called and was told another room had been found. It was 2 floors directly above the first room. The staff did move our things for us. After we settled into the room, someone called and asked if they could send champagne and chocolate strawberries to the room for our issues. Those never arrived. I did receive a birthday cupcake and champagne has we left for dinner.,
We returned from dinner and found a different person on duty as the concierge, and mentioned our issues. He did offer and gave us complimentary coupons for breakfast and a free movie. He seemed to be the only person who cared that we had not had a good time.

Upon check out, when asked how our stay was, I explained I was very disappointed, yet no manager ever came to speak to us. After sending a message online, two weeks later someone from customer service called to speak with us. At that time he offered to send us vouchers for a meal at the hotel, but as of this date, that has never arrived.

I was terribly upset with the entire experience., I had wanted to go to a different hotel for my 60th birthday, but a friend said this would have been better. Having never stayed at an Omni before, I was expecting a much better experience.

The hotel was full with a cheerleader convention, but that should not be the answer that was always given to us for the issues.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the watergardens.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Saroca
Jay S, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us. While we are excited that we were able to accomodate your early arrival that day, and that you enjoyed your experience at brunch.

We apologize that your allergies prevented you from enjoying your original room, and from the confusion regarding your move to a different room type at that time. We are happy that we were able to move you to another room, and offer you breakfast and a movie for the confusion.

Please know that we take every guest issue very seriously here at the Omni Fort Worth, and we apprecaite you taking the time to discuss your opportunities with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,892)

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Nice, modern, quality. Stayed for business. Plenty of space. Bar was nice. Bob's was nice. Quiet. Conference meeting food quality was good with Starbucks coffee. Would have rather had parking connected with hotel.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight in this hotel for a friend's wedding what was in the St Patrick's Cathedral across the street and loved our stay. The people (valets to front desk), the hotel, and the room were all impeccable. I would not hesitate to recommend or stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Everything was wonderful, we love all Omni hotels and this one feels so cozy and inviting. Our view was perfect over looking the water garden. It's across from the convention center and close to restaurants. The staff is the nicestWould recommend them to anyone!! Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I love the room decor, it was very appropriate for city in which it resides. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The bathroom looked very clean. My bed was turned back and ice delivered to my room when I returned from my meeting.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I wish Bob's Steak and Chop House was open on Sunday. One of the main reasons I stayed at the Hotel. My schedule didn't allow me to eat there except for Sunday this trip. I wanted to go there stuff myself and then crawl in bed LOL

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Omni is across the street from the convention center. Very nice upscale hotel.
Very large lobby area with a big fireplace that is great for those chilly nights.
The hotel is about 6 blocks from Sundance Square which is really an easy walk. Sundance has several good places to eat and numerous after hours places.
The concierge os very helpful and approachable. They can arrange a courtesy shuttle (new Escalade) to most nearby places.
Parking is $25/day for valet.
The Mokara Spa is well worth the time to relax.
Two thumbs up!