“TRAVELERS NIGHTMARE / FRAUDULENT CHARGES ON CREDIT CARD /”

Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Laguna Beach, United States
“TRAVELERS NIGHTMARE / FRAUDULENT CHARGES ON CREDIT CARD /”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stay at Hotel's on business 30 times per year, and have maintained this schedule for over 22 years. The Fort Worth Omni Hotel is of such low employee standard ... next time I will stay at the Hilton. I believed Omni had a certain standard of care and employees but that is not the case here. Not only did I have a bad experience but they fraudulently charged my personal credit card / not the corporate card. They charged both ...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Darren M
Jay S, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your experiences with us. We sincerely apologize for the incident that occurred with applying your guest room charges to another credit card than you intended to use for your stay. While this is certainly not the way that we intend for any of our guest transactions to take place, this was an honest mistake with regards to the number of cards provided, not fradulent activity taking place.

If you would like to discuss the incidents of your stay with us again, please feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to review your stay with you directly.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Odessa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very nice but did not see difference in room upgrade. I felt like the money was wasted. Location was excellent and the buffet breakfast was very good. I was on 14th floor and did not like that as much as past visits on other floors. The lounge areas were very nice and the staff was excellent. I would give the entire experience a 9 out of 10.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I went on an overnight trip with my two boys, ages 6 and 3, and I was a little nervous that they may not be child friendly or welcoming to guests with children, considering it's more of a high-end hotel...I could NOT have been more wrong!! Upon check-in they have each of my boys a little backpack with an activity book, stickers, a card game, a silly straw...all kinds of fun stuff that they loved! Then, that evening they dropped off milk and cookies for them as a bedtime snack. They thought that was pretty cool :). THEN, the next morning at the breakfast buffet they had a special kids buffet, that was perfect! They had organic milk boxes, cereals that they would like, tater tot hash browns, pancakes...all stuff especially for kids. It was so nice to stay at a hotel (not once specifically targeted for kids and families like Great Wolf Lodge) that was so accommodating and welcoming to children! We had a wonderful time and will definitely be staying at this hotel and other Omni hotels in the future!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank CourtneyEnglePhoto
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great location in Fort Worth, which is a perfect little city to visit as a tourist. Room was very nice, staff went out of their way to make our 25th Anniversary weekend fantastic including sending up Champagne and chocolate treats. Concierge helpful and hotel private shuttle allowed us to see even more of the city outside of walking distance. Great place to visit and perfect hotel to stay at!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We got the romance package that got us some romantic gestures, a late checkout, and $100 food and beverage credit.

It was great. I called up early and they let me check in at noon, which was great because we had an afternoon wedding. We used all of the F&B credit and the food was great. Also, every time they said the food would take 30 minutes, it was there in 15. Great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a Water Garden view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Huntsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel once a year for the last four years for a conference. The service is always outstanding. This time, they outdid themselves. I developed a severe case of strep throat and could barely swallow. I called down to inroom dining and they were kind enough to bring me up salt so I could gargle. When I had to check out, I was going to have to store my luggage since I had to teach another session. My bellman offered to load my luggage into my car and repark my car. I travel for a living and stay in hotels all the time. I have NEVER been offered that luxury. Moreover, when I related my throat experience, my bellman offered to get me hot tea! I LOVE this place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Denver, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Omni was a good choice for our hotel stay. Its location is good and the hospitality and guest staff is very friendly. The price point was high and the size of the pool area was disappointing. The restaurants and bars in the hotel were excellent but expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends