“Top Choice in Ft. Worth” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Texas White House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 17 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Top Choice in Ft. Worth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed in Texas White House the first time by accident. I thought it was a hotel. But now I am a convert. I do business with TCU, so this is a close option. Cindy runs a great B&B. Large room. Well appointed. Texas decor. Spotless. But there are two things about this venue that matter: Cindy accommodated a very early breakfast for me, including on a weekend, because of my business appointments. That was just so nice and unexpected. Also, she knows every chef and eatery it seems, in the world. Not just locally, or in Texas. So her suggestions for restaurants, bars, and places to see were all spot on. I really liked and appreciate that, when you are visiting a place for the first time or only occasionally. You'll be delighted to stay here, I am confident.

Room Tip: I always stay in Tejas room.
Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Tree House Suite for just one night. We were very pleased with our accommodations. The room was just perfect. Very well appointed - comfy bed. The sauna and Jacuzzi tub are a very nice touch. We were greeted promptly and showed to our room and everything was explained by our hostess, Cindy. It was a cold day so we didn't get to enjoy the grounds - but they have a cute little gazebo and some great sitting areas around the yard. They provided robes and coffee, bottled water and a few little sweets here and there - all in en suite. Breakfast the next morning was served - just the two of us. We had a great breakfast sandwich along with some fruit and yogurt - a perfect way to start our day. Location is perfect to almost anywhere in Fort Worth. Neighborhood was very quiet and we were never bothered by noise at all.

Great customer service - they even called the day we were arriving to confirm our arrival and make sure we knew where to park and how to get checked in. Provided options for good places to eat close by and answered any questions we had about the area.

We would love to make a return trip. No complaints!!!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the Tree House Suite - remote, comfy and quiet.
Strawn, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Tree house Suite for my birthday and it was wonderful! The room was decorated so cute! There was an awesome jacuzzi bathtub that was so relaxing! It made me feel so special on my birthday to relax in a jacuzzi tub and stay in such a beautiful room. The bed was very comfortable, I felt right at home! We had our own heat/air controls which was nice! There was a mini-fridge with waters and a coffee machine in the room which was great. The people were very sweet and helpful. It was also really cute outside they have a gazebo with a swing under it that you can sit in and enjoy the outdoors. And BEST of all was the breakfast!! We had the cutest Texas shaped waffles with little heart shaped chocolate waffles and bacon that was to die for!! The woman who made our breakfast said she calls it "life changing bacon" and I would agree!!!

This was the perfect little get away place to feel like you are on a vacation yet you still feel at home. I loved it! And it was only a little ways away from downtown so we took a taxi into town at night and it worked perfectly. I will definitely be staying here again!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

A few positives: Great bedding, delicious breakfast, and wonderful ambiance. The breakfast is typically served 9-10am. If requested, the breakfast can be served earlier. This is not an issue. You simply request an earlier breakfast when you arrive. We preferred the 9am breakfast as this allowed us a little sleep in and slow rise to start the day. We also loved the "Land of Contrast". It was bright, had a king bed, and had a large and bright bathroom. We also enjoyed the large dining table. It seats about 8 or 10. Would have been great to have it filled with strangers during breakfast - we were the only ones there, however. Also, the community fridge is a great idea. There is wine for you to enjoy on your arrival if you didn't bring any with you. There are sodas, waters, and snacks for the taking. Great idea! *complimentary* We also loved that most of the food is organic, local, and much thought and love is put into making it!

A couple downers: The living room could use a small side table or two so as to hold your coffee or a muffin/brownie while you enjoy the fireplace and a book. And the only other downer (not a bad thing just a downer) was that the "office" is next to the dining room. It's a downer because when people visit to discuss events and such if you're downstairs by the fire you are in the midst of the chatter and phone ringing, ect. This doesn't take away from it being excellent. Everything has something that bothers people but overall this place is excellent!

Room Tip: Land of contrast is bright and has a king bed. The bathroom is huge! It is also located closest to t...
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Texas White House for four days/nights last week and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Cindy is a great hostess who made us feel like we were friends in town to visit her! Her delicious breakfasts were a great way to start the day each morning and the conversations around the breakfast table with her and the other guests were hard to drag ourselves away from! We stayed in the Tejas Room which was comfortable and cozy! I have nothing bad to say about our stay and look forward to our next trip to see our daughter so that we can stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
The Colony, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight in The Lone Star room. The new owners are very pleasant and passionate about food, art and Ft. Worth. We were greeted warmly and had a lovely stay. This is a pleasant break from the boring hotel. Great walking distance to several restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for three nights for an anniversary getaway. We have small children, so for a retreat I'm specifically looking for quiet, comfortable, and relaxing. I found all of that at this B&B. My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon Suite for two nights and found it to be very relaxing, spacious, and comfortable. We had a keurig in-room, mini frig, sauna, huge whirlpool tub, and comfy bed. The owner, Cindy, even took note after our first breakfast that my husband liked Earl Gray tea and when we returned from our day out, our room had tea and cream added to the morning coffee/snack tray. Wonderful customer service! Our third night was spent in the Longhorn Room that is one of two rooms below the Honeymoon Suite (behind main house). This room was much smaller, but still nicely decorated and very comfy. All three mornings we had breakfast in the main house between 9-10, which was perfect for sleeping late. The breakfasts were delicious...fresh and healthy. The food served definitely exceeded our expectations. One breakfast (the BLT with fried egg and avocado mayo served with Greek yogurt/berries) was the best meal we had in Ft Worth our entire stay!
The property is also conveniently located for just about anything in the area. The owner, Cindy, is a delight to talk to and can give you recommendations for anything you might be interested in doing.
I've stayed at many places in FtWorth, including a boutique
hotel and other B&Bs, but this one tops them all.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2013