“A night away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 17 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Fort Worth, Texas
“A night away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed in the Treehouse for an anniversary night away from home. I wish we had stayed longer to enjoy the space more! We could tell by the details that a lot of care had been taken to make our stay enjoyable. From a little "Happy Anniversary" note to bath salts by the tub. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We slept very well in the peaceful upstairs room. Breakfast the next morning was delicious....Texas-shaped waffles! I also appreciated the emails to inform us of local events, confirm our stay and follow up after. Thank you for a perfect get-away!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My boyfriend and I are currently staying here for the Texas Republican Convention. The Texas White House isn't far from the Fort Worth Convention Center (it's 5-10 min depending on traffic), and it's certainly much less expensive than hotels closer to the Convention Center.

Those were the two primary criteria which brought us here, but the experience will bring us back. The 104 year old house is cute and cozy, but our room was plenty big for two people and impeccably clean. We loved the mix of quirky, modern decor with antique pieces and Texas Bodega style artwork that we found in our room. The handwritten notes regarding everything from the wi-fi password to the free wine in the fridge are a nice touch (when was the last time a hotel manager at Hilton left a guest a handwritten note?)

But the biggest selling point this place has is the exceptional customer service. The manager, Cindy, is incredibly friendly and personable, and the free breakfast provided every morning is outstanding. The menu varies day to day, but it's always great.

We will be making excuses to drive up from Austin to stay at the Texas White House. We have never had this great of an experience in a non-chain hotel ever before.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tejas Room and could not say a bad thing about the accommodations.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Texas White House is everything you can expect from a Bed & Breakfast. The rooms are spotless and well appointed and the food is outstanding. Their location is perfect for getting on I-30 to travel to Dallas and 8th street is the hub of the Fort Worth Medical Center and some very eclectic restaurants, The owners, Cindy and Javier, are terrific hosts and the staff is extremely helpful. The keep a well stocked refrigerator for guests to use and store left overs. BUT, be sure to label anything you put in the fridge. It is a communal refrigerator so be sure to mark your stuff. It is convenient to get to SMU and the George Bush Presidential Center, which is itself a worthwhile trip. I would HIGHLY recommend this Bed & Breakfast for your next trip to Fort Worth or the DFW Metroplex. Certainly a 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: They offer a honeymoon suite in the upstairs of the carriage house as well as an additional 2 rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Augusta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

When we drove up, we weren't expecting much, and when we walked in, we were pleasantly surprised. Cindy, the owner, was very welcoming and full of energy. She showed us to our room and suggested a couple of places for dinner if we wanted, but we already had plans. I think she was down a worker and busily trying to pull up the slack. Our room was large and apparently the last one to be updated. She said this summer she would get to it. We only saw one other room, the Tejas room, and my daughter stayed there. It was very nice and comfortable. Ours was large, and the bathroom was huge. My only complaint was that it was warm, the ceiling fan clicked in one speed, and the traffic noise from 8th was pretty loud. The decor in the house was very tasteful. It was a mix of Santa Fe, Mexican and California. We loved the mixture of old and new. The best part for me was the food. Cindy loves to cook, and it shows. Her meals breakfasts were fun and not so heavy. It was just the right amount of food, and she cares about cutting calories and fat where she can without sacrificing taste. She was also so kind to ask one of her employees who was on leave and a pastry chef to make my daughter a cake at the last minute. I was very appreciative. I felt like she was an immediate friend. We got along well, but I'm sure she gets along well with everyone. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: I would say try to stay in the back of the house.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

From the moment I arrived, to the time that I left, Cindy, the owner, provided the most enjoyable experience I have ever had anywhere!

The Texas White House delivered with the most comfortable bed and three amazingly unique breakfasts each day I stayed. From a breakfast panini and hash browns to breakfast tacos and my favorite a "Texas" shaped waffle, stacked with bacon and an egg on top. Each morning also included a yogurt and fruit cup, orange juice, and coffee with steamed milk. All food is sourced locally or from gardens on the grounds.

They were very accommodating with my business schedule and served breakfast at 8am.

Red wine and sparkling cider was offered daily when I returned from my day at the trade show.

When I asked for restaurant recommendations for Texas BBQ, I was directed to the Woodshed Smokehouse, with patio sitting, down by the river. Here I experienced the absolute best pork baby back ribs of my life.

There's also 30 other great restaurants, just blocks away, that you can walk to on Magnolia Ave.

For italian food go to Nonna Tata, they can have a 3 hour wait. But since I was by myself they recommended I order to go and they would deliver it to me two doors down, at The Usual, which is a great cocktail bar.

You can even rent bicycles, two blocks away, from Fort Worth's B Cycle, bike sharing program. I enjoyed a casual ride around the city in 2 hours covering 15 miles. The paths by the river are beautiful. Since it's a bike share program you can drop the bike off at 34 different stations.

I really look forward to coming back to Fort Worth and enjoying all I experienced again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DanielAlexander76
Leesburg, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had two rooms in the guest house, one up and one down, for four nights. The rooms were just fine...clean and organized, both with a whirlpool bath (not used) and one with a sauna (also not used). One funny thing was that when the room was cleaned some of the items did not show up again...washcloths were not replaced, drinking glasses as well. Not a problem since there were more...just different. Breakfasts were terrific...different and tasty each day. Hostess spends too much time with the guests for my tastes...especially since we had lived in the area for 20 years and did not need much direction. The Mexican food place down the street that was recommended for dinner was not good at all. Pricing was fine and we had a wonderful overall experience in North Texas for the basketball tournament and the B&B was a nice part of it. Everyone very helpful throughout, too. Parking was just adequate.

Room Tip: Could not discern any difference.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My daughter stayed here for her bridal weekend. It was a perfect place for pictures. Cindy is the perfect host and very accomodating. The food was delicious. It is very convenient and near lots of things to do. Thank you for an awesome weekend!

Room Tip: Loved the Land of Contrast Room! The King size bed and the huge bathroom were awesome!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple