“Great value”

Ranked #83 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
forreston, IL
“Great value”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed here with my wife and daughter for 3 nights. Close by car to the Wills Rogers Coliseum (8 minutes by car in good traffic). We had the handicapped accessible room with King bed. Very comfortable. Free WiFi. More than adequate breakfast with lots of choices. Price was extremely reasonable, $54/night senior rate. My daughter's room was on the other side, queen-size bed. She reports it was just fine. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Not many restaurants close by, so plan accordingly.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My host made this reservation for me. Must admit I liked the quaint clean western feel of the lobby but not much else. My room was very musty. I'm pretty sure someone smoked in there. The A/C unit was very loud. I couldn't get my room door open. The bed was pretty comfortable but the pillows were all so very lumpy. My shower did not work properly...had to shower with just a trickle. The breakfast was a typical cereal, toast, make your own waffle menu. Really liked the biscuits they were yummy. Just glad I was only there for 1 night but would not want to return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathy C
Ajijic Mexico
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 9 days. Wonderful staff. Good, but simple breakfast. Yet there was plenty of variety. Free beer and wine 2 nights a week. Clean well appointed rooms. If I need to stay again I would stay here. Had absolutely no complaints

• Stayed June 2013
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

I'm here now and want to vomit. I was exausted from the drive but now am fully awake from the YUCK factor. The carpet is sticky all over. There are stains and the wall paper in the bathroom is peeling and dirty looking. It's gross. The lady at front quoted me 1 price over the phone and when we arrived it was $15 more and a $25 non refundable pet fee that was quoted at $10. We were so exhausted we just took the room. I'm sticking it out as asking to move would be pointless as my in-laws room is just as horrid. I paid over. $110 with the pet fee for a room that is worth $59.00 maybe, in its best day.
I read the reviews on this hotel before we came and was prepared for a little wear and tear, but dang, I would never have guessed it would be like this. I only wished the Best Western up the road took pets.

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank Ryannroxx
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very large room with large and comfortable bed. Unfortunately there were a few ants in the room throughout our stay.

Decent pool to splash around in.

Convenient location, especially for accessing the stockyards.

Staff were very nice, especially when dealing with a room that hadn't been transferred in our reservation when this hotel transferred from a Baymont Inn and Suites to a Quality Inn and Suites.

Decent breakfast.

Right next to a Cracker Barrel which immensely pleases one of my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Ancient motel with many coats of paint and some interesting decor. Cold, quiet AC, plenty of hot water w/adjustable shower head. Carpet was a little worn, bed was better than expected, but scratchy sheets and comforter made it less than desirable. Lots of dings and the outer doors facing the parking lot showed signs of nights that didn't go well for previous guests. But, it was quiet the night of our stay and we encountered friendly enough folks moving about. Good waffles, pleasant staff. I might stay here again, but I guess I have become a bit of a hotel snob, preferring the security of the modern hotel and the comfort that new amenities bring. But, in a pinch, this'll do. For the price, you get an okay room. They try to dress this old girl up to look appealing, but it just can't hide the fact that it'll take more than paint to compete with newer budget hotels. Nice try.

• Stayed August 2012
Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this inn when it was fairly new and were pleased to see how well it has been maintained since then. The breakfast selection is above average for a Quality Inn. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Though the rooms are quieter inside than you might expect, the rooms on the side away from Interstat...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple