“Do not stay here we were "robbed" at this Motel 6 in Ft Worth!”

Motel 6 Ft. Worth South
Motel 6 Ft. Worth South
Ranked #101 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
sandnsunu2
“Do not stay here we were "robbed" at this Motel 6 in Ft Worth!”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We were robbed in the middle of the night at this Motel 6 at 6660 South Freeway Ft Worth Tx #4566.

We immediately checked out after the police report was filed.

I spoke with and wrote to everyone at Accor North America who operates more than 900 hotels and they couldn't care less about your safety.
To add insult to injury we had to fight to get our money refunded.
We paid for three nights got robbed on the second night, and had to fight to get refunded for the third night!
They refunded us one night.

We feel very lucky to have ONLY been robbed they got away with two wallets, 600 dollars and a computer but at least we are alive.
Call the Fort Worth police department before you book at this hotel and ask them about the reports of crime. I wish we had.
Do not stay at Motel 6 it's a very dangerous hotel.

Room Tip: We were robbed Dec 2011
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank sandnsunu2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Room stunk like feet with a wet smell...we didnt have enough towels, the desk chair was filthy, the pillow case had stains, and worst of all we woke up with bites all over our bodies, not to mention I have bug bites on my face and neck. I have never ever felt this horrible before...I would NEVER stay here again. We should have just left, but we just said "one night its just for ONE NIGHT" Yea one night of misery!!And to think we were going to have my sister and niece stay here...thank goodness we didnt. DO NOT STAY HERE...PLEASE!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank C456
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Housekeeping stole two very valuable diamond and emerald rings from my room and management lied to cover for them. Was traveling to interview for a new job and while I was out during the day, someone came into the room and took the rings. Mgmt said it wasn't the hotel staff, but the door was not busted or broken into. Cheap price and cheap accommodations. You definitely get what you don't pay for. THIEVES!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank Phaedra57
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 August 2010

So I happened to stay at this Motel 6 on the SOuth side of Fort Worth on a trip from Los Angeles to New Orleans. After a long few days of traveling I saw the sign off the freeway and pulled off to get a room. The hotel was a liitle confusing to get to based on the fact that it is on a freeway service road, but not as bad as a review I had seen earlier on this hotel.
I was able to check in at 9 am which is a rareity these days in hotel industry, and the staff member who checked me in (Farrah I beleive) was very friendly and helpful. Although this hotel is right off the freeway, my room faced the pool area which looked inviting due to the scorching heat in Fort Worth that day.
My room AC was excellent and kept the room chilled (Worked almost too well):) The room was clean and and seemed in order, and although it was a dated Motel 6 ,(Hasnt been remodeled with the flat screen TV's and Laminate flooring like some of the new Motel 6 properties) it was still a clean room and I only payed 45.00 or so including tax.
Must say one thing negative though. The guest laundry wasn't working so well, at least the hotel manager tryed to fix the problem, but to no avail. All in al this was a good clean hotel with axcess to the freeway. It is a good place to get a quick sleep and get on the road if you need to pull off.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This place is a DUMP. Website claims it is a new location. It looks like it has been there since the 70s. The rooms are all about two feet from where the cars drive through and park. Freeway is another ten feet and there is a freeway entrance/exit ramp as well so you hear noise constantly. Combined with paper thin walls and windows=no sleep. Literally. I was awoken all throughout the night. This Motel 6 is what inspired me to open a Trip Advisor account just to post a review to warn people. DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank viajeroso71
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My son and I traveled to Fort Worth cause he had appt at Cook's Specialty Clinic in South Fort Worth. I normally stay at Homestead Suites near the hospital on River Run, but they were booked. I chose this hotel because the motel 6 webstite this was a new property and only about 7 miles from the clinic. First of all, there is nothing new about this property. The outside of the building is very run down, there was trash all over the parking lot and the service left alot to be desired. Wi fi never did work despite being given 6 different access codes AND calling an 800 number to get it to work. Finally was able to pick up a signal from the Baymont Inn next door, but it didn't work very long and it was painfully slow.

The worst part was the room. Dirty and filthy is the only way to describe it. There was about 4 inches of gunk (dirt, etc) on the vents. I didn't dare touch it. Nightstand was sticky and still had cup rings on it. Desk/table was dirty and sticky and i had to clean it before I would let my son touch it. Cigerette burns on the furniture, sink, bathtub, even the toilet. Just nasty. Sink had hair it in as did the bathtub. Toilet paper not replenished, just there on the back of the toilet. Shower leaked all over when turned on. Water all over the floor. But the absolute worst was the bed. When i pulled back the blankets to put my 4 yr old to bed, there were stains all over the sheets. Blue/purple stains in the middle, then I took off the rest of blankets and sheets, I noticed the rest of the sheets had yellow stains near the foot of the bed. Completely disgusting. I went to front desk and they gave me some new ones, but by that point i was so grossed out, I just wanted morning to come to get the hell out of there. Blanket was very pilled and had holes cigarette burns on it and the pillow had stains on it as well. I didn't let my son touch any of it, until I changed everything. Only 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel for a room that can hold 4 adults. Carpet was dirty and the bathroom floor was sticky and dirty as well.

This hotel is the reason I NEVER stay at motel 6 and will NEVER stay at motel 6 ever again. I normally do priceline for short notice stays, but since I have never stayed on the south part of FW, I didn't know where to bid or how to get around. I learned my lesson. Never, ever again. I will pay more and go elsewhere. There is also not much in the way of shopping or eating either. Just bad all around. Stay away. Go elsewhere and save yourself the trouble. You have been warned.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Fort Worth South
Radisson Fort Worth South
Radisson Fort Worth South
#63 of 110 in Fort Worth

Been to Motel 6 Ft. Worth South? Share your experiences!