“Great place”

Ranked #16 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fresno, California
“Great place”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Good- night view from room, clean big room, giant bed, Starbucks in hotel, iHome dock for iPhone/Pod, friendly staff, video game hookups for tv, lots of restaurants close by, short walk from train station

Not so good- $13 a day wired internet access, no wi fi, no free airport shuttle, $20 shared van ride from airport

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husbadn and I won in a charity event a "one night stay in a queen bed delux room" at the hotel. We thought this would be a great getaway for the weekend. We called a month in advance and reserved the room. I made sure to ask for a queen bed. When we arrived they took us to a room with two beds. I was shocked! There goes the romantic part. Seeing that I was not happy, my husband asked if there was another room with a queen. They took us down the hall to a corner room. At first thought you would think that this was a great deal, but to our surprise we saw that the bed pulled down from the wall. YES! A wall bed! I called the front desk immediately and explained to them that this was not what we were promised from our voucher. The lady put me on hold, but somehow it just transfered my call along with her call to the manager. I guess I was on "three way" with them and I could hear everything they were saying. The lady complained to the manager about us not being happy and that we were "voucher" customers so we should have been happy with our room. The manager laughed and said, "What do they expect? Their getting a free nights stay for God's Sake!" Then he said to go ahead and give us a queen delux room to "shut us up". I was dumbfounded. I could not believe this is how they talk about their customers. When the lady came back on the line she apologzed and sent us to another room. There was an obvious difference between the last two rooms and the one we just got. It was cleaner, newer and the bed was awesome. Even though the rest of the stay was nice, I do not think I will return to this hotel or reccomend it to anyone. I paid for this voucher with a charity donation. I probably paid more for it then if I went to TripAdvisor yet we got the worst rooms the place has to offer. I do not think that it was smart to do that and then to talk bad about us like that. Not a way to conduct a business.

Room Tip: Make sure not to get the corner room.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lexi3313
Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The concierge and hotel staff are particulalry helpful and friendly, this hotel is located close to Sundance square and is surrounded by many local dining options. The guestrooms are only equipped with wired internet service. WIFI service is only available in the lobby or bar areas. I found this quite limiting.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I recently spent four three nights at Renaissance Worthington for a meeting/trade show. It's on a busy corner in downtown Fort Worth, amid tons of restaurants, small museums, and boutiques. There are a lot of people walking around, so it feels safe.

I arrived at 5pm, and check-in was a very speedy process with no one in line, and the personnel at the front desk were very professional and welcoming.

My room was spacious, very clean, with a large comfy bed, a desk and chair for work, a sitting bench and an upholstered chair, and console which housed a coffee pot as well as a digital safe. A large flat-panel tv sat atop the console.

The bathroom was small, but just fine for one person. It had a tub/shower combination and single sink. Amenities were by Aveda (nice.) There were ample towels and washcloths, and lighting was great.

The bed was comfortable with tons of pillows, and it was especially quiet, so I got a great night's sleep.

My only complaint was that my room was not cleaned until the last day, but since I had plenty of towels and washcloths, and I'm not a messy, it was okay I guess.

The only restaurant I visited was Vidalias, and I had their breakfast buffet. Very tasty.

This hotel has one of the nicest conference venues, although it's oddly spaced out. You have to go up either the escalator or elevator to the mezanine level, then down a corridor and finally down another escalator to the meeting/convention areas. There were quite a few people around to help with technical issues, and to deal with last minute meeting changes.

I was able to walk around downtown and visit some of the shops and restaurants while in town, and wish I'd had more time or stayed for the weekend. I'd gladly go back but I'd make more time for leisure activities.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We spent 3 nights for a wedding and related numerous events in and around the hotel. Check in was easy with Diane. Our king room was huge with all amenities like coffeemaker, hair dryer, free wifi, fridge, etc. Our view through large windows overlooked downtown and the Square. The hallways and nearby bars were a bit noisy in the evenings, but the room itself was quiet after midnight. Comfy bed! We had a bridal luncheon at Vidalias, the in-house restaurant, and the food and service were both absolutely wonderful. Valet parking is expensive; street meters are free on weekends. Location is perfect for Fort Worth museums, restaurants, and shopping at fab boutiques!

Room Tip: Ask for room on downtown side!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
France
Reviewed 10 November 2011

A conference in a conference hotel -- cavernous spaces, tastefully decorated in dark wood. Large rooms with truly excellent beds, and extraordinarily helpful and friendly staff, notably at the Navigator desk and in the mezzanine bar. Pleasant coffee restaurant, and a nice touch between mezzanine and lobby: two slender waterfalls creating a cool and soothing sound. Drawbacks: upon arrival there was no internet connection in the rooms, and one block of 20 rooms continued without a connection for the 4 1/2 days of the conference. Also, the windows do not open so one is at the mercy of an air-conditioning system that is sometimes too cold or too hot. Laundry service was excellent and inexpensive. The tuck-shop is understocked and the coffee-shop, curiously, shuts at 2 pm. As the elevators are at one end only of interminable corridors, one gets lots of exercise; but a second bank would be good.
On the whole, a very pleasant hotel in which to spend conference time; and very well placed for surrounding restaurants.

Room Tip: Higher numbers are closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I recently attended a conference in Fort Worth, and their customer service was fantastic. They were beyond helpful and friendly. One morning we had no hot water for showers, and they adjusted our bill and were very apologetic. The best thing about this hotel was the location. Directly across the street was Sundance Square with great restaurants, bars and shops. Things close pretty early (around 8am for the shops) but there were a number of restaurants open. Skip Vidalia's inside the hotel. Very expensive and the food was mediocre. Walk a block or two and you can find a variety of prices/food offerings. Don't bother renting a car. There is free trolley service in downtown Fort Worth, but really everything is within walking distance. Downtown is very clean and safe. We had a very nice visit!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business