“Slept like a baby”

Ranked #16 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
New Buffalo, Michigan
“Slept like a baby”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The entire experience was excellent, from check in to check out (although i was quite surprised to see that they charged for Wi-Fi). Service was friendly, elevators fast, hallways clean and bright, etc. But the best part of my stay was the bed and pillows. I don't sleep at home as well as I slept on this bed. Every one of my 5 nights in this hotel was given over to sound sleep. Priceless!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Atlanta
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great hotel. Excellent service. Right in the heart of downtown Ft. Worth. Highly recommend for either business or personal travel.

Meeting facilities are great!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. High Floor!!
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at the Worthington Renaissance in downtown Ft Worth on business from March 19th to the 22nd. My hotel was covered by my company credit card, but standard rates seemed on par with other Renaissance hotels in downtown locales.

I arrived late at almost 1AM due to flight delays and bad weather. When I stated my name, the gentleman behind the desk informed me that my company card could not be charged since he did not "have permission."... odd... it was booked on the company CC... anyways being 1AM I could'nt call my HR departement so I relegated myself to checking in with a personal card untill I could clear this up the next morning. This should not have been a big deal since it was supposed to be around $450-500.

Next AM I phoned my HR dept and had her fax all the necesarry documentation for $500 multiple night stay. All should have been good to go. I was told I charges from my personal CC would be removed and room and tax would go to the company CC.

Just ot be sure I checked my personal CC's website and was shocked to discover I had two seperate $733 charges on my CC pending! I informed the front desk that they for some reason had almost $1,500 in holds on my personal CC...

Luckily this time around I ran into one the most helfpful front desk employee's ever... Her name was Kasey B. (she gave me her full last name but I wont post it on a public website) She was able to identify an error that double charged my CC when I was originally checked in. She moved the room charges to my company CC, and even called my personal credit card company to have them immediately remove the huge double hold on my personal CC. She also comped me a free breakfast for my personal funds being tied un-necessarily.

I was so glad she was able to help and that she knew the hotel computer system so well. Even better; she even took the time to call my Chase Bank CC on my behalf! I hope the Worthington Renaissance realizes what a valuable employee they have in someone like Kasey.

In addition to the helpfull staff the hotel itself was pretty good overall. Some notes:

-Right downtown near fun bars, restaurants, shops, baseball, live music, and BBQ!
-Comfy beds!
-Great roomservice, nice food.
-Conference rooms were large and met our business needs easily.
-Nice fitness room.

I would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: Face North for better view. Higher floor the better. Club level is floor 8.
1 Thank Kevin P
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times, but unfortunately this trip we were underwhelmed.

We arrived on Friday and the Valet line was wrapped around the building. I don't think I have seen a valet line so poorly managed. It took over 15 minutes to get out of the street and into the valet entry, and another 10 minutes before we were able to turn over the keys. The poor guys were working as hard as they could, but the hotel needed several more attendants to keep up. It didn't really get any better the rest of the weekend, we were waiting for our car even when we called 20 minutes before.

Check in was fine, but when we arrived at our room, we realized they had put us in a room with two queen beds instead of one king (though we booked for a king). This was our aniversary so that wouldn't work. The woman at the front desk was incredibly rude and unhelpful. It took some serious arm twisting before she would even check and see if a King room was avalible for us. I understand being busy, but there was no excuse for her attitude.

The room we were eventually put in was wonderful as always, so no problems there!

I have been staying at this hotel for many years but I feel like its going down hill. I hope they can work on their service/and work out some kinks, otherwise I think next trip we will be staying at the Omni.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Sydney H
Houston, texas, USA
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,042 helpful votes
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Spent one night in this hotel situated in the heart of downtown Fort Worth and while I found the room to be above average for a Marriott property the staff, other than the front desk person at checkout, to be unhelpful and slow. Stayed on the 8th floor which was quite save for an interesting wedding party having a grand time at a reasonable hour on Saturday morning. I also appreciated the self parking option though the walk to the front desk was considerable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jsthouston
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2012

As a resident of the DFW metroplex, I have always enjoyed the charm of downtown Fort Worth. With tickets to the Bass Performance Hall, we planned a Saturday night stay at the Worthington to celebrate our anniversary (without children and 20 minutes from home!). We always choose Marriott properties to earn or use points, and this hotel is a bright spot for the brand. It is within walking distance of the Bass Hall, movie theaters, and restaurants with live music, and has a good location in downtown.

The staff gave us a warm welcome upon arrival. Our room was on the 12th floor (1226), and we were pleased with the superb night view of downtown and Sundance Square, the comfy bed, and stylish modern decor. As is the case at most Marriotts, the concierge lounge for is closed weekends, but we received complimentary breakfast in the restaurant instead. The Sunday brunch at Vidalias served up a nice assortment of delicious foods that made our weekend stay complete. We had a great time staying at this hotel, and can recommend it hands down!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nicococure
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days whilst on a business trip in Dallas. Very nice hotel, my room was clean, and very comfortable bed. Bathrooms are a bit tired, but bedrooms are well appointed and very comfortable. Breakfast buffet was very good value and great choice. Concierge desk very helpful with good advice of things to do. Overall, a very good hotel with great service. Hope to return.

• Stayed March 2012