“Beautifully appointed bed and breakfast in the heart of Fredericksburg”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Angels Lodge Above the Creek
Ranked #8 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Beautifully appointed bed and breakfast in the heart of Fredericksburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Beautiful room, with a very comfortable bed. Our room overlooked the pool area, which had plenty of seating available. Breakfast on Sunday morning was delicious and plentiful, and we enjoyed near the fireplace, poolside. We had a gorgeous fruit basket waiting for us on arrival. Very romantic, perfect for an anniversary trip, or even a honeymoon. It is convenient to all the shopping and nightlife in Fredericksburg without being right in the middle of it all.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room with a pool view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
angelsinn, General Manager at Angels Lodge Above the Creek, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments!
Here at Angel's Lodge above the Creek
We strive to make each guest experience unique and special!
And it means so much that you have enjoyed your visit!
We Truly believe we have an amazing Hidden Gem!
A Beautiful Property conveniently located just 1 block from Historic downtown Main street

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stay Dates: 8/9-8/10 - 2 Nights, "Heavenly Suite"

Great location, communication via the net, check-in/payment, returned phone calls all professional and responsive. The Breakfast Buffet was plentiful and hot, pico d gallo - probably the best I've ever had. Bottled water in the room was nice but turned out to be the ONLY source of water on the first floor. Bed on 2nd floor very comfortable.

Please note the ROOM we stayed in when considering this review. The walkway to our room was also the walkway to the pool. I nearly slipped twice on the EXTREMELY slick cement. Our room was advertised as "over looking the pool". Somewhat true, but it was also two feet from the covered outdoor eating area. We would have rented another room had we known other guests could eat breakfast while watching our TV! Had to keep the blinds closed for privacy. Leading to the other problem. In addition to no natural lighting, there were only two 40 watt lamps in the whole of the downstairs. The dry bar lighting was so bad I had to use a lighter just to see the microwave buttons. Also, one with a spine could call that "sofa bed" a bed. Again, no sink on the first floor. This was a major inconvenience and should be pointed out when the room is rented.

Upstairs had the only bathroom and while beautiful, it was ridiculously HOT - there was no blind/drape on the WEST facing window and no AC vent. Speaking of the shower/tub, it was HUGE and difficult to get in and out of, dangerously so. My Mom is only 5'2" and I had to help her get in. There are only two mirrors upstairs (NONE downstairs) - the bathroom and a bedroom wall mirror screwed to the wall. I wanted to dry my hair outside of the "sauna bath" but there was no where to sit or plug in so I couldn't even STAND and see into the mirror. Finally, the AC's didn't really keep up on either floor-perhaps it was a good thing we were in a cave.

I was willing to drive away and let it all go but then someone from the Inn called me and asked about my experience. I barely got through the slick cement and he was cutting me off, "Thanks for the suggestions...we appreciate it. Goodbye..." And he hung up! Obviously, he didn't REALLY want to know about my experience. I'm sending them a letter too- to be fair.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the "Heavenly Suite".
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jenatolla
angelsinn, General Manager at Angels Lodge Above the Creek, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello Jenatolla,
I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to
Angel's Lodge above the Creek
As we strive to make each Guest experience unique and special!
It is our biggest priority and concern is our Guest Satisfaction!
We Love to conceder ourselves a Hidden Gem Just 1 Block from Historic downtown Main street
and from so many wonderful Museums, Art Galleries, Great Shopping, and Restaurant's
I understand that you have stayed in our Heavenly Suite
which is one of our 2 story Suites that is located pool side very close to our Pool, Fire side and Social Seating area and Reception Room.
The walkway to the Poolside suites are very close to the pool which is separated by a walkway
and a Iron rode fence all the way around the pool with a beautiful poolside area with several relaxing lounge chairs.
In Heavenly Suite the Downstairs
Features a beautiful living room that features A queen Size Sleeper Sofa, A dry kitchenette that has a icebox, microwave, Coffee bar, and bottled water left in the suite for our guests as well as beautiful cabinets for additional storage and wine glasses, cork screw, water glasses,coffee cups and so forth.
There is no running water downstairs. And I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
There are 2 lamps in the living room as well as soft lighting in the kitchenette, and an Overhead ceiling fan with a beautiful light fixture that is intended to be the main light source.
The Upstairs Loft bedroom features an Antique King size bed frame with an extra thick pillow top mattress, An oversized Leather Lounge Chair, flat screen T.V., a gas Fireplace, and a private
balcony right outside your loft bedroom. There is 1 bathroom in this suite which is located upstairs right off of the Bedroom. The Bathroom features a 2 person Jetted Jacuzzi Tub with overhead Rain Shower.
We do have other suites that will feature an oversized walk-in shower.
All of our Suites do have very tall beds and Jacuzzi tubs. We do leave step stools in each suite for our guests use.
I suppose the comment that has me most confused would be the phone call. As it is in our protocol to email the guest as a First contact as we understand that you have been on a trip and upon returning home there is much to be done.
And our only staff member that is male is our Executive Chief Robert and he does not make any guest phone calls.
After looking into this a great deal my only assumption may be this may have been from another location that you have stayed. Either way I am terribly sorry for any kind of inappropriate follow up.
We truly hope to hear from you soon.
And we hope that you would consider to give us another chance.
Again I am so sorry for any inconvenience
Here at Angel's Lodge above the Creek
We always want to make you feel as you are in your Home away from Home!

General Manager Sheri Walls
Office Phone number - (830)997-1615
email - angelsinn@austin.rr.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We discovered this place in April of 2013 with my motorcycle group and is a great place to hang out after a long day of riding. Restaurants are within walking distance which is a plus after sitting on the nice deck by the fire or pool drinking a few cocktails. My group unfortunately delayed our decision for 2014 and we could not get the place reserved..but at this years ride I made everyone commit to a date and we reserved this place for 12 rooms thur through sunday. My entire group loved the rooms and the layout. If you are looking for a hotel..then stay at a hotel...this is a laid back type a place with a very mellow atmosphere. You come here to chill and relax in the evenings and watch the wildlife go by. We have been going to the Hill Country on our motorcycle weekend for over 14 years now and this is the first place that we want to stay at multiple of times...so that says a lot....be nice and always look twice for the motorcycle you may miss the first time you look....thanks

Room Tip: get a room on the backside if you do not want people sitting outside your room talking late into the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
angelsinn, General Manager at Angels Lodge Above the Creek, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review!
We are so glad that you and your group have enjoyed your stay at Angel's Lodge!
We truly strive to make each guest experience unique and special!
We love to consider our selves "A Hidden Gem" just 1 block away from Historic Downtown Main street, 1/2 a block from the Nimitz Museum, and Pacific Combat Museum, and so many wonderful Art Galleries, Restaurants, and great shopping. But still feeling a world away at Angel's Lodge Where you can relaxe by Fire Side and Social seating are on our large patio. Or even enjoy the pool!

We hope to see your group soon!
Thank you again!
Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My boyfriend and I just finished staying at Angels Lodge last weekend and we had such an amazing time! We came in Friday night and were going to be a little late, but the office was very accommodating. They left us a map to our suite at the front office and left the keys inside our room. We stayed in the Radiant Angel's Suite, which was smaller than I thought it was going to be based on the pictures, but it was perfect for 2 people and was so incredibly cozy and comfortable. The bed is SO COMFORTABLE but VERY TALL! I personally liked that aspect, but I had read other reviews before of people warning about this, so know that its true! But they provided little stools to help you up. This suite also did not face the pool, which I preferred because it felt even more private. The front patio is so lovely. We drank wine and had dinner out there one night and it was completely relaxing. The location is also great because Its right off of Main Street so its easy to walk to the shops and restaurants, but at the same time, its secluded and feels very private. The whole property is beautiful! The main common area has a fireplace and is right next to the pool, which has a running waterfall so its very serene and peaceful. We had breakfast out there every morning, which was delicious by the way! Overall this place was amazing and we were both sad to leave! But we plan to come back next year and will be staying her again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cat T
angelsinn, General Manager at Angels Lodge Above the Creek, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Here at Angel's Lodge above the Creek we strive to make each guest experience unique and special! We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience! We love to be considered as a Hidden Jewel just 1 block away from Historic downtown Main Street. 1/2 a block from the Nimitz Museum, and so many more wonderful Art Galleries', Restaurants, Fantastic Show rooms, And shopping. I'm so glad to hear you have enjoyed breakfast with our Executive Chief Robert as he really goes above and beyond to spoil or guest with his wonderful breakfast menus. Thank you again as it is the greatest compliment a guest could give is to wish to return.
Krum, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my 4th time to stay to Angels Lodge and once again it didn't disappoint me or my friends who stayed for the first time. We stayed in Radiant Angel suite this time while I put our friends in the Gabriel Suite which is probably my favorite.

We arrived very early as we were switching properties to stay at Angels 2 of our nights in Fredericksburg. Our rooms weren't available but the general manager said she would call me when they were. She called us about 1:30 to let us know we were welcome to check in but I let her know that it might be more around 6 since were were out and about. By the way, this place a block off of Main Street so food and shopping is an easy walk!

We checked in at 5:30 and both rooms were immaculately clean and wonderful. The Gabriel has a very deep tub while the Radiant has a walk in shower which was nice for us. If you haven't seen pictures of all the different rooms, check them out. The rooms are VERY roomy, are decorated in Texas western decor, and are all just a little unique. Our room included a TV that never got turned on, microwave, fridge, coffee pot, ice bucket, and 2 wine glasses! The linens were soft and plentiful.

The facility itself is very nice and relaxing. We swam in the pool and sat on the large porch/deck in both the morning and evening. There is a fire place but with the weather, it wasn't needed this trip. Someone mentioned in a review about this being a non-smoking facility. I did ask about this as it would have been a huge concern as my hubby smokes cigarettes and enjoys a cigar on occasion. The general manager said smoking was allowed on the property but not in the rooms. My hubby and his friend enjoyed a cigar one night and there were other men enjoy some as well in the evening.

The rooms are VERY comfortable for sleeping! Rooms can be darkened with the wooden shades, cooled with the AC, and you can cuddle up with the great bed linens. The first day our friends woke at 9 and were shocked that they had slept that long! Warning: I think all of the beds are HIGH off the ground. I'm 5'9'' so that is hard to do. There are step stools. Just have to be careful getting out of bed in the middle of the night... if you need too.. (wink wink)

Breakfast was awesome which included scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage, and spinach, or plain. We had a breakfast meat each day along with bread (biscuits or pancakes) and potatoes. The fresh fruit was great! There were other standards like cereal and toast and of course juice and coffee. We really didn't need lunch either day and chose to eat an early dinner instead both days.

So, you're thinking, what's the down side? I guess if I had to choose a couple I would say that in my mind a room by the pool would be a down side. While most people are quiet, a night we were there included 2 drunk married boys/men that while quiet entertaining for us, would not have been so if I was trying to sleep at that time (9:00). My opinion is that this isn't a child friendly property although there were some children (7 and under) staying there.

I really love this property and while the price is a little more than I spend on a regular basis, it is a splurge my hubby and I give ourselves every couple years. I can't say enough about the room, bed, pool, and porch!!!

Room Tip: Check out the features of each room. I think that the non-pool side rooms are quieter and more priv...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
angelsinn, General Manager at Angels Lodge Above the Creek, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for the kind words.
We are so pleased to hear that you had enjoyed yourself.
As we strive to make each guest experience unique and special.
We hope to see you again.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the 5th time we’ve stayed here but we stayed in a different room this time. We booked the 2 story Angel’s Bride which was nice, but certainly presented some logistical problems. The bedroom is upstairs but the bathroom is downstairs. So something to think about if you need to get up in the middle of the night and battle the spiral staircase. The room is advertised as able to sleep up to 4 but we actually tried out the sleeper sofa downstairs and it was horrible. No way an adult could sleep comfortably on there. We were given restaurant vouchers our first morning and had the on-site breakfast the other 2 mornings. The on-site breakfast isn’t bad and certainly does the trick. There is a decent variety (eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes, fruit, pastries) and it was nice sitting out on the patio each morning for breakfast. My only complaint this time would be housekeeping. The first morning, we had our bed made – that’s it. No trash cans emptied, no dirty coffee cups taken away, no toilet paper or coffee creamer replaced, etc. I tracked her down and complained and she went back to at least replenish everything, but still didn’t empty the trash. The next day I sat the cans in the middle of the floor and they were emptied. But all in all, we like this place and would proably return the next tme we’re in town.

Room Tip: Be sure to get one of the creek/pool side rooms. Courtyard is the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katrina R
angelsinn, General Manager at Angels Lodge Above the Creek, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your kind words and review.
We appreciate all of the feedback.
We are always looking for new ways to improve.
As we our biggest priority is to insure guest satisfaction.
But truly we are always trying to make sure our guest have a unique special experience.
I understand that you have stayed in Angel's Bride which is one of our largest suites and Features a King size bed upstairs in the Loft Bedroom. Downstairs it will have a beautiful living room, a wood burning fireplace, and the bathroom downstairs features a 2 person Jacuzzi tub with over head rain shower, separate from the upstairs bedroom. I do understand that the bathroom downstairs can offer some logistical problems in the middle of the night.
I truly hoped you enjoyed breakfast and the wide assortment of options to choose from for breakfast . As our Executive Chief strives to make your breakfast experience enjoyable and memorable. But I was very sorry to hear of housekeeping services. As we do have daily maid service for our guests. However we were training some new staff during your stay. And I'm sorry too hear of any short comings from new team members. As we strive for Guest Hospitality & Satisfaction, cleanness. This matter has been addressed .
We truly hope that you will give us another chance as we value our Return Guests.
Sheri Walls
Angel's Lodge above the Creek.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We recently stayed 2 nights in the Angel's Nest. The room was lovely, the bed was big and comfy. Make sure that you have a step stool, they will provide one for you if it's not in the room already. The only negative was the bath didn't have a shower, and was difficult for me to use the sprayer. If you have mobility problems, getting in and out of the tub is an issue. Ask for a room with a shower. We enjoyed sitting outside at the fireplace in the evenings. We were there during the week, so they gave us breakfast vouchers for restaurants in town. They should increase this amount or have specific items that are free for guests, as the amount they gave us wasn't sufficient, and we are not big eaters. The location was great, walking distance into town. I would stay there again, overall is was very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
angelsinn, General Manager at Angels Lodge Above the Creek, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Hello,
Thank you for you kind words and Wonderful feedback!
We strive to make your experience at Angel's Lodge above the Creek
a unique and special experience!