“Another Great Stay... Thank You!”
Review of Dietzel Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fredericksburg
Dietzel Motel
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Houston, Texas
“Another Great Stay... Thank You!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is the BEST PLACE to stay if you want to get away from it all and enjoy a nice, clean, comfortable room without the distractions of city lights, noise, and all of those electronics of the daily world and truly rest up and enjoy the sights of Fredericksburg and the surrounding area. The shower is hot, bed comfy, and surroundings very peaceful. Be sure to step out and enjoy the picnic area and take a seat on the swing at night and take in all those stars in the sky... something you don't see at night in big cities! The owner and personnel at the Dietzel are really friendly and do what they can to make your stay a nice one! I failed to write up my trip last year, sorry about that! But from that journey, I've created two additional families who make the Dietzel their Fredericksburg home away from home -- it was a great girls weekend, one we plan to repeat sometime again soon! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Room 101 in at the very end, there's a nice picnic area in the shade trees right around the corn...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here purely due to the other tripadvisor comments and were glad we did. they are pet friendly and the rooms have big, new TVs. The mangers were very nice and made us want to come back again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Carthage, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The Dietzel is a super-clean, family-run motel. If you enjoy supporting small-businesses, you must stay at the Dietzel in Fredericksburg, Texas. Room 109 was spotless! They do have electric wall-heaters, but the room was toasty on a cold-damp day. Trudy was delightful, and she answered many "where to eat/what to do" questions.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dallas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was tempted to give it a 4 because of a refund. It is clean, friendly, safe and rooms are of decent size. The outdoor pool is kept clean all year though this was not the time of year to swim. Price is probably about right for Fredericksburg. The parking lot is gravel with some deep spots near the rooms. A buddy and I were on a motorcycle trip to hill country to ride what is known as The Three Sisters (Ranch Roads 335, 336, 337) plus visit other places nearby. This was a good hub. The gravel parking lot required a bit of caution with our cruisers. Now as for the refund. We originally reserved it for 3 nights with a 48 hour notice to cancel. After the second night we decided to return home as the weather was going back to winter with probable wintery mix on the way. The owner gave us a refund for the third night without questions. We actually did not expect it. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank leroys73
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I came up from San Antonio for a bicycling event and I have to admit when I first saw the place I was not impressed. But, the office gal was friendly, the rooms were clean and fresh and had everything we needed - a fridge, comfy beds, clean bathrooms. We had a super night's sleep and I awoke fresh to ride my 42 miles in the Fredericksburg Frolic. I would stay here again just to keep the money local. Nice folk and a fair deal. Esp. liked having the chairs and swing in the lawn outside. On a full moon night, it went over just right to sit out there drinking our champagne.

P.S. For authentic, tasty German food, I would NOT recommend the restaurant next door. Less than satisfactory.

Room Tip: Room 109 was great! Quiet and close to the ice and soda machines.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarolAnnAnderson
Vidor, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were 3 couples on motorcycles. My husband and I got room #110. It was unbelievably clean. The tiles in the bathroom were that 70's green but not one inch of the grout was discolored or molded. Great water pressure. I'm telling you this room was really clean. The bed was soft enough. It wasn't fancy but we knew that before we got there. It was quiet and the young man at the desk was very nice. We went out to sit in the gazebo to chat and watch the traffic. No mosquitoes and it was nice and cool. We enjoyed our stay. We had a recliner, microwave, and mini fridge. Another couple with us said their recliner was in bad shape but not a deal breaker. We stayed 2 nights and paid $201.14. We will stay here again. My husband just wished they had asphalt for bikers. LOL Not a big deal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PiratePride5
texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This has become my usual stop when traveling from east to west Texas. It is clean, comfortable and unpretentious. I have stayed here more than one night while exploring Fredericksburg and find that the difference in price between this and a fancier chain or cute B&B gives me more money for a special meal or something from the shops. I would not recommend it for a romantic weekend or as a place to hang out and pretend to be living in Fredericksburg for a few day but it is a great place to fall over at the end of a day of driving or hiking around either in or out of town. Located at the west end of town it is still close enough to walk to a lot of shops and restaurants and allows one to head west in the morning without passing through town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo