“Paul is the best!”

Days Inn Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My friends and I have been coming down to Fredricksberg to bike the Hill Country for the last 10 years. And since Paul has been at the Days Inn, we have stayed no where else. He is kind and accomodating. The rooms are always clean and he updates us on the new places to eat or visit. He treats us like family. What more can you ask for.

Steve

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 June 2011

I visited Fredericksburg in March 2011 to participate in Texas Hell Week. I stayed at the Days Inn because the friends I was meeting there had stayed at the Days Inn during previous Texas Hell Week visits, and wouldn't consider staying elsewhere. Their choice was more than vindicated. The suite (for three of us) was perfect, the service was exemplary, and when I mentioned a broken fixture to the manager he had it fixed immediately. As for the manager, Paul has become a friend, as he already had to my fellow biker friends, after spending a few hours talking to him about our shared love for and fascination with India. I intend to return, and I'm already looking forward to the comfortable nights' sleeps, the great breakfasts, the farewell party, and to exploring more of Fredericksburg.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2011

We stayed one night here on our way through Texas. Web states this chain hotel is pet friendly but the clerk was reluctant to let us stay with our cat and charged us $10. He stated he never checked in a cat before and was reluctant to do so. The pool was filled with brown dirty water. There were only hand towels in the room, no bath towels. Breakfast was good with a waffle machine.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
pkp325, Manager at Days Inn Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

Hello:
I apologize for the pool. It had recently rained and the trees from an adjoining property
wash all the resin into our pool. Though the pool was closed it is an eye sore. The pool chemicals take about 48 hours to work.
I understand that your cat is well trained. We have had previous problems with having cats.
Unlike dogs they go inside.
We do not charge the 10.00 fee for the pet. We allow pets for your comfort.
The fee is for a flea treatment we have to do, over and above the regular room
cleaning.
Please contact me if I can provide you with any other information.
Sincerely, Management

Reviewed 15 October 2010

Days Inn was a pleasant stay.
Great service and truly value for money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
pkp325, Manager at Days Inn Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2010

I do not have any rooms open for the 2nd, which is what I told you.
At that point you did not want to hear anything else and you informed me that you were going to post a review.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I had to book an impromptu trip to Fredricksburg for an urgent family matter and I have NEVER experienced such terrible customer service. Paul at the front desk was inexplicably RUDE and was no help during this difficult family time. I was astonished at his lack of help and compassion. He left me almost in tears. I will never be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
DI_FBG, Manager at Days Inn Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

Reviewed 30 September 2010

Unfortunately, my family got in to a bad spot with an elderly family member at the Hill Country Memorial over what was apparently a festival weekend in Fredricksburg. (Because you can plan these things.) I spoke with PAUL, who was absolutely the rudest person I have ever dealt with. Completely inflexible, unsympathetic, generally a nasty person. This man actually yelled at me over the phone, "Don't you know this is a tourist destination!" Yes, Paul, I do... but you represent a Days Inn... near the hospital. I would not recommend doing business with someone so completely without regard for anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2010

I'd originally booked two rooms, but at the last moment, my aunt and uncle had to back out; no problem with cancellation, and the gentleman at the desk was kind enough to shift the room for my mother (aged 90) and me (aged 67) to the next week. All documentation of all transcations was emailed to me to show original reservations, cancelled reservation and the shifted reservation. When arrived late afteroon on Wednesday, July 21, I asked if we would still be able to have a room close to the office, as with my mom being 90 and me walking with a cane, it would make things easier. No problem. Our suite was the third room downstairs, It was as clean as could be. We had a sitting area with a comfy sofa, a coffee table, standing lamp, a wet bar, fridge,microwave, coffee maker, tv , and several cupboards and drawers. There was a partial wall to divide the space from the sleeping space. The two queen size beds were just right in comfort, as were the 4 pillows that were on each bed. There was another tv, closet space, iron and ironing board in room, chest of drawers, night stand, alarm clock and radio on a b edside table with a lamp. The bathroom was spotless with lots of clean fluffy towels, a clean toilet, tub/shower and sink.

I availed myself of the pool, and while the depth is ony 5 feet, it is certainly adequate for playing, swimming a few lengths, etc. The lovely cedar trees blowing in the breeze added to the ambiance. We didn't make breakfast, but had coffee in room, and then availed ourselves of the goodies at a local bakery in Fredericksbury. Upon checkout, the gentleman at reception was most agreeable again, and asked if all was to our satisfaction, etc. I can't say enough nice things about the room. There is a room with a washer/dryer, vending machines and ice machine. It was clean as well, the walkways were clean, and the parking lot was clean. OH! The air conditioning worfked great!!

I've very happy we stayed here, and I plan to recommend it to others. In fact we had dinner with relatives who live in Fredericksburg, and I told them about the place and how nice it was, and so inexpensive! They plan to use it when they have too many friends visit at one time, and need a place.

I'm so glad we chose the Days Inn Suites in Fredericksburg!!

• Stayed: July 2010