“MMM Chocolate, nuff said”
Review of Chocolat

Chocolat
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Fredericksburg
“MMM Chocolate, nuff said”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love chocolate and loved they let me try some of the items before I bought them. Even got to try some of the more exotic flavors. Love the liquor filled jewels so much I bought a box of different ones to take to friends and family back home.

Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent varieties of expensive chocolates”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Amazing chocolate shop with so many different varieties of chocolates. Service was exceptional, they explained all the different varieties clearly. Loved those with liquid centers, yummmm. Quite expensive chocolates! Doesn't bother me though since I am a chocoholic and I will surely be back when I am in town. :)

• Visited August 2013
Magnolia, Texas
“Great chocolat- something for everyone”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place was great. They let you sample some items within reason. They had everything from Pina Colada truffles to chocolate bark mixed with cayenne pepper to wine filled chocolates.

Visited July 2013
“World Class Deliciousness!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We went to Fredericksburg to come to this place after seeing an episode of Anthony Bourdain's travel show on Peru that mentioned a rare, white cacao bean that produced a highly flavorful chocolate unlike any other chocolate. Chocolat is one of a handful of establishments in the US that sells Fortunato #4 chocolate. (Google it...there's a fabulous story behind the chocolate.) The woman who helped us with our purchase was extremely knowledgable and enthusiastic about the Peruvian chocolate. We ate a medallion in the store, then purchased a few to take home. Texas heat is hard on chocolate, so the cold pack available for purchase came it handy as it was 108 outside that day. I also really appreciated the water cooler and bench inside the store (not to mention the air conditioning).
When we run out of Fortunato #4, we will definitely be making a return trip. They have lots of other chocolates we have yet to try.

• Visited July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Chocoholics Delight”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The chocolates here aregood. You are allowed one free sample but if you want to taste anything else, it is $1.50 per taste. There are so many choices and most everything I purchased was good but I have had better chocolate before and for the same price. Yes the liquor chocolates are good, but the reason to eat them is the liquor and not the chocolate. I tried the Fortunato chocolate and while good, was still not the best I have ever had. I am a severe chocoholic and have had everything from cheap quality to god awful expensive chocolates with the quality being from good to fabulous. These were expensive and the quality was pretty good but still not what I expected or love. I would probably go here again for a chocolate fix while in town but if I lived here, I would not be spazzing out about it the way others do. They have obviously never had Teuscher chocolates before.

• Visited July 2013