“great location, nice atmosphere”

Java Ranch Espresso Bar & Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very homey atmosphere, and the locals must like it, too. There were large groups of folks visiting each time we had breakfast. We ate breakfast there 3 days in a row using vouchers we'd received from country cottages (where we stayed). We loved the Americano coffee. There were some inconsistencies in the breakfast plate, though. Out of our group of 4, someone ordered that breakfast plate each time we visited. Lots of crispy bacon the 1st day, half that amount on day 2 but double the toast, and on day #3 the eggs were overcooked. They were very friendly and helpful, I'd return again, but just a touch of extra care in the kitchen would catapult this restaurant to a solid 4 stars.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Did not eat here, but had the best non-fat, hazlenut latte' I have ever had - better than Starbucks, which is usually my favorite!!! It was extra creamy, very hot and delicious!!! Our server was also extra friendly and helpful. He was a Fredericksburg native, who had recently moved back. I don't blame him!!!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Visiting the area and stopped in for a quick lunch. Service was good but coffee was dam great! had an iced vanilla chai and it was great. Im a big fan of cafes and this one is pretty good. The only reason I didn't give a perfect score is that they are a bit pricey other than that, this place was great.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We usually visit for a coffee and pastry.
The coffee is good...and we get espressos and they are good.
The pastries are good...if you get there early enough.
I would say my only complaint would be the staff. They've never been friendly...but I guess you don't have to be...it just makes the experience nicer...when people are nice. :)
There aren't a lot of places there to get a espresso or coffee...so we just keep going back :)

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Cute little place!! Me and two of my girlfriends had spent the weekend here and had trouble finding good food so I thought I would write a review on what was good:) We had a wonderful breakfast and one of the best places we ate at while we were in Fredericksburg. I had the bean, cheese and potato breakfast and one was plenty big for me. My girlfriends had a croissant sandwich and she said it was the preset croissant. My other friend had the juevos rancheros and also said it was delicious. This will be the one of the places we will go back to when we visit!