“A New and Wonderful Theater "Home"”

Fredericksburg Theater Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Besides excellent restaurants, shopping, and wineries, Fredericksburg is also home to the finest live theater in the Texas Hill Country. Now in their 21st season, this much-acclaimed and award-winning theater is known for their block-busting Broadway musicals, side-busting comedies, and thrilling dramas. FTC is in production over 300 days a year, presenting 7 main stage productions as well as a full slate of Special Events; with renowned guest artists, musicians, and comedy acts performing to packed houses. With over 60% of their audience from outside of Gillespie County, the Fredericksburg Theater Company is the destination for live entertainment in Fredericksburg.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Being from the Dallas/Ft. Worth theater community, I greatly missed live theater when I moved to Mason in 2012.. I am thrilled to report that I have found my new theater "home" at Fredericksburg Theater Company. It rivals anything in the Metroplex and offers an alternative for entertainment that is a bit harder to find in the Hill Country without a significant commute. I could not be happier and now truly feel at home in the Hill Country! Bravo!

1  Thank Cerise C
There are newer reviews for Fredericksburg Theater Company

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The productions at this theater far exceed what one would expect from a town of this size. The cast and crew are all volunteers. The sets are wonderful, setting the tone for each production. The actors devote many hours to rehearsals and performances and do a great job. Highly recommend!

1  Thank southtexasgirl53
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The recent FTC production of Les Miserables was there best musical during the nine years that I have seen their productions, and the cast had voices and acting ability that could have carried them on any stage...amateur or professional. The voices, the acting, costumes, lighting, the revolving set, and directing were exceptional. Having been involved with the management of one of the major showrooms in Las Vegas (now retired), I can honestly say that this production was as inspirational and rousing as any I have seen, or been involved with. The audience was standing for the full chorus during the last several minutes of the final number. We all wished that the curtain had stayed up all night. This is the best entertainment venue in the Hill Country of Texas! Period.

1  Thank FrederickBurg
Reviewed 23 June 2014

All I can say is WOW. I went to go see the opening night of "Les Misérables" with my family. I was completly and utterly BLOWN AWAY by the talent in this production. The sets, the costumes, the singing, the acting and everything related was fantastic. Even the seats in the theater were comfortable. I felt at home.
I am a 13 year old girl from Colorado, and I have participated in many plays and things of the sort. None of my community theaters productions even come close to this. The show has motivated me to come down to Fredricksburg next summer and participate in the summer program they have for youth. Also, my parents will be coming down in Spring 2015 just to see Fredricksburg Theater Companies "Fiddler on the Roof."
I would HIGHLY recommend going to see a play here. It is 100% worth it, trust me.

5  Thank Sydney S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

All of the productions I've seen over years and years in Fredericksburg have been excellent! The acting and scenery is good and you are caught up in the story, finding yourself laughing, nearly crying, then laughing again. The entertainment is top-notch.

1  Thank LorrieHess