“Relaxing and private” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Relaxing and private”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We had a great stay at Camp David. Joe personally met us upon arrival. He provided us with yummy strudel and Fredericksburg coffee. We stayed in the Sycamore cottage and it included a fireplace and jetted tub, which was very cozy and relaxing. We were stocked with fruit, juice, milk, cream, cereal, hot chocolate, etc. and had our own little kitchen so we felt right at home. Thanks for our home away from home.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CampDavidBB, Owner at All Seasons Main Street Retreat, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
It was great seeing you and I hope you come back again soon! I'm glad you enjoyed Camp David (Now All Seasons Main Street Retreat)! Thanks again and thanks for the review!

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

My father and I stayed at Camp David in the Willow and Cypress Cottages. This place is wonderful!!!! So peaceful and our cottages were comfortable, affordable, stocked with the essentials needed for travel, plus the Inn Keeper Joe Cloud was incredibly hospitable! I wanted to prepare a small Thanksgiving Dinner for my Dad and realized there wasn't a spatula in my cottage--Joe didn't just get one from another cottage--he made a special trip to buy one!
The cottages had candy,cokes, milk, fruit, coffee,creamer, hot chocolate and amazing pastry for breakfast. My father is 80 years old and had never stayed at a place like this and he absolutely fell in love with it. He was especially pleased with the bed and the fact that he slept
like a baby which is very unusual for him during travel. If you are planning a trip to the area, we highly recommend Camp David!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Keller
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

A group of friends and i rented out their main house and the two adjacent cottages for our weekend trip to Fredericksburg.
Joe made sure to meet us when we got in, which we thought was very nice of him. he did a great job of making us feel welcome and at home.
The place itself was very nice. It had a great home feel to it. The beds were comfortable and there was ample space for us in the living room to just sit around and drink wine that we had brought.
The location was also outstanding. We were right there on Main St, but far enough down where the traffic and noise was not as bad as you might expect.
I don't know where they provided the pastries from, but they were nothing short of spectacular. Everyone really enjoyed them.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for choosing us for you and your friends to come and stay while enjoying Fredericksburg! It was a pleasure to have all of your here and I hope you will all come back again soon. Spring and Peach season are just around the corner.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

My 3 sisters and I spent 3 nights in October in the main house of Camp David - it was delightful! The house was sparkling clean! The king-sized beds were oh so comfy! And Joe Cloud was a wonderful host!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Y'all were SO much fun! Come back and see me again anytime! Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We just returned from spending the evening of our anniversary at Camp David. Joe came by to personally welcome us which was a great touch of hospitality. I had pre-arranged with Joe to have strawberries and champagne delivered to the room while we were out to dinner. I know this request can be fulfilled at any ordinary hotel, but to have the owner who lives off-site to do this for us was just another great touch of hospitality. I liked that the breakfast was there for us upon check-in so that we didn’t need to be disturbed in the morning. We will recommend Camp David and we hope to be back again as well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I love to help people celebrate anniversary's and engagements. It's special for us to be able to help with them and I really appreciate that you chose to stay with us! I hope you'll come and stay with us again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

I selected this place based on location, amenities and customer reviews. I brought my girlfriend for the weekend to propose. We were extremely impressed with Camp David. The place is immaculate. Having a kitchen in the room definately helps if you have any leftovers from the many restaurants in the area. The bed was more comfortable than our own at home. The new owner, Joe, was great and very helpful. My new fiancé was really impressed with my choice of a B&B. We will surely be back. We are recommending it to all our friends and family. We're in love with the place.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Congratulations! We LOVE it when people get engaged here. Here's wishing you all the best on your fabulous life together. I hope you will come back and see us again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Granbury, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Just wanted to let people out there know that Molly & Bob Sagebiel no longer own Camp David B&B in Fredericksburg. The rooms are still as nice, quiet, and comfy, but the great hot breakfasts are a thing of the past. Breakfast was a couple huge pieces of coffee cake (very good), plus a container of cut-up fruit (strawberries, canteloupe, pineapple, and grapes) obviously purchased at the grocery store, along with a large box of a raisin bran cereal, 2% milk and a carton of OJ. There was coffee and tea available and I appreciated having shelf-stable half-and-half rather than just powdered Coffeemate. However, some variety on the cereals would have been nice - to me it would make more sense to offer a selection of the single-serving cereal boxes.

The only other issue we had was that an ugly big flat screen TV was installed over the fireplace. I realize most people will probably love to have one in the room (although I think it detracts from the charm), but what was worse was that it did not work - we could not pick up any signal, try as we might. There was also no DVD player attached so that wasn't even an option.

Hopefully the TV problem is a minor glitch during the changeover in ownership and will be fixed. Considering that the room price has increased about 50%, though, we were disappointed overall. Fortunately we knew before we arrived that there would not be a full, hot breakfast, so we were not surprised as others who read the reviews here might be. Camp David still does not require a two-night minimum over the weekends, and I hope that stays the same.

Room Tip: We've now stayed in Pecan, Willow, Maple, and Cedar - Maple was the quietest.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank riofriotex
CampDavidBB, Owner at All Seasons Main Street Retreat, responded to this review, 13 August 2011
Thanks for your review and feedback riofriote. Feedback is critical to the success of any service/hospitality oriented business - it's our report card that let's us know how we are doing and I always appreciate it.

You are absolutely right, we just purchased Camp David a couple of weeks ago. I also own All Seasons Downtown Retreat and the Cottage at Circle J. The customer experience is my number one priority and I never want anyone to be disappointed in their stay with us. Molly did make a fabulous breakfast and I knew that she had repeat customers that it was important to. To make sure that everyone knew about the change, we emailed and mailed a letter to everyone with existing reservations to let them know of the change in ownership and breakfast. We also changed the website immediately to reflect the new breakfast. As you mentioned, you knew prior to your arrival and I'm committed to making sure no one is surprised.

We are making a significant investment in the property and upgrading the exteriors as well as the interiors. I'm sure you noticed all of the new landscaping going in. We did install new flat screen TV's in all of the rooms for our guests to enjoy and I am truly sorry that yours was not working properly on the night of your stay. It had just been installed and there was a loose wire on the outside box. We should have caught it prior to your checking in. I only wish you had called me so I could fix it.

We did raise our weekend rate from $149 to $159 which is 7%.

I hope when you are back in Fredericksburg, you will give us another chance and stay again!