“Planning Destination Wedding for my Daughter” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of All Seasons Main Street Retreat

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
All Seasons Main Street Retreat
Ranked #31 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
League City, Texas
“Planning Destination Wedding for my Daughter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My daughter is having a destination wedding in Fredericksburg in April. After reading all the reviews and looking at many properties in town, we chose Joe Cloud and The Main Street Retreat. We are so glad we did. We went in for our scouting weekend to choose venues, flowers, cakes etc. last weekend and were blown away by the property and Joe personally. He is so friendly and fun to work with and he knows everyone! He made our planning weekend so easy. We left with the venue, cake and flowers all checked off our list!

Now let’s talk about Main Street Retreat. There are 5 individual cottages and two suites in the main house. We stayed in one of the cottages in the back courtyard and they are perfection. They have done a fantastic job with landscaping and the courtyard was the perfect place to unwind with a glass of wine after a long day of planning. We had all the space we needed, a king size bed with wonderful linens and a bathroom stocked with Gilchrist & Soames products! Breakfast was perfect as it was in the room and available for us when we wanted it.

All in all, it was a hugely successful weekend and we loved our stay at All Seasons Main Street Retreat. We know our guests are going to be in great hands when they come for the wedding and my daughter is planning to make this a regular anniversary spot for them!

I can’t recommend this place enough.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jcloud2, Owner at All Seasons Main Street Retreat, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words and review. It was a pleasure working with you and I"m looking forward to the wedding in April!

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My friend and I stayed at The Carriage House. It was perfect. We each had a queen sized bed and then there's the living room area and a complete kitchen with table (minus a dishwasher). Since we had a 4 day weekend, the cottage was a lovely respite between our wine tasting and shopping. We highly recommend The Carriage House.

Room Tip: High bathtub - my friend is 82, has bad knees, and had a bit of difficulty getting into the high bat...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It was great having you with us for the weekend. I know if was a very special weekend for you to spend with your friend and I do hope she enjoyed it.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Staying in the Old Rectory cabin was absolutely fantastic. The rooms were roomy, bed was a very comfy king size. Bathroom was very up to date yet still provided a feeling of a home from the 40-50's. Hardwood floors were authentic and very well maintained. The breakfast service each morning was breathtaking. When did you last have milk in a glass bottle or fresh orange juice in a glass carafe? The cabin was quiet, accessible and very clean. And guess what....NO LANDLINE!! YAY! Very relaxing and does have has Wi-Fi availability for those who cannot live with out their electronics. A flat screen TV in room was nice but we opted for the 2 rocking chairs on the porch. An easy walk to downtown shopping, dining and attractions. If you get a chance to visit, do it. Extremely relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad you loved the Old Rectory as much as I do! Thanks for staying with us and I look forward to having you with us again.
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Wife and I stayed at the All-Seasons Main Street Retreat July 5-7. We stayed in the Cotswold Cottage. The property was easy to find, quiet, and even though it's on main street, still had a feeling of seclusion and restfulness. The cottage was situated at the right rear of the courtyard and had a nice front porch with rocking chairs and a small table. Inside was a large, single room with a comfortable bed, a fully equipped kitchen, and sitting area. It was all very clean. There is a whirlpool tub in the bath. As all reviewers have mentioned, the kitchen was stocked with fresh cut fruit, a large strudel, milk, OJ, and soft drinks. The coffee maker with the coffee bean grinder was cool. We appreciated being able to eat our breakfast on our own schedule and relax in the cottage rather than breakfast on hotel or B&B timelines. There was no housekeeping during our stay, but again, we appreciated the peacefulness and didn't mind making our own bed.

The only critical thing I could say about our stay were very marginal, firstly that it was further walk from the property to downtown area, as we were led to believe from the free tourist map of town. But it wasn't so far that we didn't still walk it several times during our stay. The only other comment is that the couch and coffee table in the sitting area were a bit beat up and could stand to be updated. We literally did not use either of them during our stay, so as I say, this is a very marginal issue to me.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and too the much needed time to relax and recharge over the long holiday weekend. I recommend this trip and this property to all, and would be very happy to stay at the All Seasons Main Street Retreat again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My fiancé and myself stayed at All Seasons Bed and Breakfast this past weekend July 5th though the 7th. My cabin/room was the Vicar room. The staff was very nice and the room a cute room nestled in some trees off of Main Street in Fredericksburg, TX. Here are some things that you need to consider when staying here. I decided to stay at a Bed and Breakfast because my fiancé had never been to one. However this is not a traditional Bed and Breakfast. In each room is a kitchenette with cereal, a pie that I assume goes along with the coffee, some fruit, juice, and water. I would call it the barest of a continental breakfast with nothing warm. Our fruit was half bad and the cream was spoiled. The housekeep replaced it and told us that it was due to HEB. We did realize that the refrigerator was not cooling properly as we bought some ice cream and it melted overnight. The room that we stayed in did not have a switch for the air-conditioner. I assume that’s how the house is built there is one central switch and unfortunately it was not in our room. So in the evenings it was very hot. In the mornings while putting on my hair and makeup I would be sweating so bad that my makeup did look good until I left the room and dried out. On the Sunday morning and Saturday that we were there is was actually cooler outside then in the room. We did have some issues with the room for example the toilet was dirty as if maybe a workman used it and the toilet seat was severely warped. The following morning the toilet seat was chanced and cleaned which was very nice. Again, the room is nice but you have to weigh your options. If you want a traditional Bed and Breakfast you won’t get it here. You will get a continental breakfast in which you make your own cereal and coffee. It was similar to staying in a regular hotel with a cottage look, feel, and price. By the way- I told my fiancé to give me a second chance to introduce him to a traditional B&B.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carla H
jcloud2, Owner at All Seasons Main Street Retreat, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
We love feedback, but this is the first time I have ever had to respond to a review that was full of inaccuracies and I'm not sure where to start so I'll try and take this in order.
1. I appreciate that you like the room and that the staff was friendly. That is always fantastic to hear!
2. There are 3 types of Bed and Breakfasts in Fredericksburg. The most prevalent is the non-traditional, non-hosted. We have a selection of continental breakfast items stocked in your room that you can enjoy at your leisure rather than being at breakfast with a group at a specific time. The definition of a continental breakfast is coffee or tea and pastry. We have that plus fresh cut fruit, OJ, Milk and Cereal as well as popcorn and cokes and diet cokes for later in the day.
3. The refrigerator. I can only assume you thought your were turning it to maximum for the ice cream but accidentally turned it off. I checked on Sunday after your departure and it was turned completely off with a towel stuffed in it to absorb water from the melted ice. It was on when we prepped the room on Friday.
4. There is one thermostat for the house and we keep it set to 72 degrees. When guests prefer it warmer or colder we are happy to adjust. The thermostat stayed at 72 all weekend. It was 102 in Fredericksburg last weekend. I find it hard to believe that a guest room was warmer than outside and they did not call to inquire. They called the office twice and did not mention the temperature of the refrigerator on either call.
5. The toilet. This is the one I take the most issue with. The guest called on Saturday morning to complain that the seat was cracked and was pinching her. No mention of it being dirty upon checkin. We have the toilet seat in the office, and it is NOT warped or cracked, simply discolored, not dirty. Workers do not have access to the rooms, only housekeeping. The one non-negotiable with my staff is cleanliness. We have joked about making a video of me eating a meal off the toilets. That's how clean they are.

I hate that this guest didn't enjoy themselves, but our website is very clear on our offerings. I would have been more than happy to help them find a traditional Bed and Breakfast in Fredericksburg as I have several friends that own and operate them.
Lubbock, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We loved staying here! Pool and hot tub are secluded and very nice. We will be back. Comfy beds with fresh fruit, strudel and juice each morning. We stayed in #3. It's small. Very small shower. A full size bed. We didn't mind at all but others might.

• Stayed July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Decided to visit Fredericksburg for the first time. My mom has back issues so walking is at a slow pace, I felt staying overnight would be best to allow for shopping for 2 days. I picked All Seasons Retreat after reading reviews and that they have the all too elusive "two beds". Whenever I stay at B&Bs it is with my mother or a friend so one bed with a day bed or pull out won't do especially with the price you pay. We stayed at Main Street Retreat in the Carriage Cottage. Really lovely, cottage really describes the decor and it felt like home away from home. The retreat is a 10-15 minute walk from most shopping or a 1-2 minute drive (in my case due to mom's back). The beds (2 Queens) were very comfortable. The bathtub/shower huge, towels fluffy with bath and body products. There were a variety of magazines if you forget reading material and the television has a variety of channels to watch. In addition to continental breakfast items there was popcorn, soda, candy, and hot chocolate mix which meant a lot as it was unusually cold the day we stayed and I don't drink coffee. Upon check in Ray handed me a map and literature for highly recommended activities. We only took advantage of shopping this time but plan to return in the future for more of what Fredericksburg has to offer. We will definitely being staying at All Seasons Retreats.

Favorite places to shop included the Chocolat Factory and Shop. Splurge on the chocolates with alcohol centers ($1.50 per piece). Get the box of 18, you choose what you want, I chose 18 different centers (examples included Strawberry wine, Port, Rum, Whisky, Irish Cream, etc.) OMG, sooooo delicious. It was $25 for the box of 18 and soooo worth it.

Artisans at Rocky Hill Gallery. Unique art and jewelry by Texan artists. Most things very pricey but it is a beautiful place to window shop even if you don't buy anything. There is a Western theme place next to it that has a lot of cool furniture and art and a lot of it is reasonably priced.

Choo Choo Trolley Patio Shop has excellent lawn sculptures and there is a lot of nice things for the home in the indoor portion of the shop. This place is right by the Retreat and you can't miss it.
Take the time to visit it.

We had dinner at Rose Hill Manor (15 minute drive from Main Street Retreat) because they offer a 4 course menu that includes vegetarian and vegan options too. Had the vegetarian and it was heavenly. They serve the veggie and vegan menus on certain nights so you have to inquire with them and make reservations ahead of time as seating is limited. You can go to their website to see what the menu is.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank seekingserenity097
jcloud2, Owner at All Seasons Main Street Retreat, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at The Main Street Retreat. We now have a couple of additional properties that have 2 beds. I hope you will come back and see us again, trying out all of them!