“Very cool old cabin with a wonderful garden patio...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
STEVE D
Athens, Texas
“Very cool old cabin with a wonderful garden patio steps from the front door”
Reviewed 24 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My wife and I stayed here one night so we could spend two days in Fredericksburg. The garden sitting area has a table and chairs, porch swing and multiple arbors. Lighting comes on in the patio area as evening falls. The bathroom is cool having a good sized two person whirlpool type tub. It fills surprisingly fast to with hot water to spare. Regular and decaf coffee was provided as well as a Mr. Coffee drip coffee maker. There is a small refrigerator and microwave. These were is a small wet bar area that could be closed off. Only issues I had was the bed was VERY tall and there is an easy to miss step up/down in the opening to the bathroom. Very quiet and great AC!

Danny S
Houston, Texas
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Lovely little cabin. My wife and I stay here for the weekend. Cozy, room with a great atmosphere. Its connected to another cabin so you sometimes hear noises. Parking is a tight squeeze due to only one driveway and 4 cabins, but everyone managed to get in and out with no problems. I would recommend this place to couples looking to spend a liitle quality time together.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
katehopee...
San Antonio, Texas
“This bathtub is amazing.”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We checked in on Friday night and this place is exactly as pictured. We were super excited about getting a fire going in that fireplace. We went out to dinner and came back and did just that. They left us wood and firestarters which made the whole thing a breeze. The bathtub was amazing. I wish I could have stayed in that tub the entire trip.
Only complaint I have is that the people in the room behind ours were VERY loud and they came in VERY late both nights. I realize that the cabins share a wall and so that can happen but maybe if the renters were told upon checkin, they might be more courteous.

Your age range 25-34
Dallas Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
2 Jul 2013
Dear Josephine - To be fair to Eli's and to the many customers that LOVE Eli's and Austin Street Retreat I would like to address your complaints. After your arrival you called our office to tell them of the bugs (not hundred but a couple of bugs) and the crumbs on the bed. You told our office that you would be out of Eli's for a few hours. The manager immediately ran over to Eli's to take care of the bugs and crumbs. Austin Street Retreat hires a frequent service of pest control, but unfortunately being an old property in the Hill Country these little critters do get through occasionally. You are correct about the information sheet not mentioning the door between the two suites, and we will correct it as soon as possible. You are the first person to mention this in 20 years of renting this wonderful property that it is a problem. I apologize for this error. I am sorry that you found my staff rude, but in all honesty we thought that we had corrected it when you called after your arrival. This is the policy that we proudly adhere to - if you let us know of a problem during your stay we will do our best to fix the problem so that the rest of your stay is a good one. Thank you for letting us know your concerns.
Ggauntann
Houston, Texas
“Charming, beautifully decorated cabin.”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

We arrived earlier today for a two day stay in Fredericksburg and we are enchanted with our cabin. The care given to the decor is obvious, the room is pure pleasure to be in. I would love to have every piece in here for my own home. They advertise quality linens and they are.
The outdoor patio area is wonderful, like a Secret Garden. We just enjoyed a rainstorm from the front porch.
This location is ideal for enjoying all that the area has to offer.
The only downside I see is that the room would be difficult for someone with any difficulty walking or with back problems. The bed is great but quite high, bring your own step stool. There is no shower and the deep jacuzzi tub will take some agility to get in. ( The cottage is well worth it if you are physically able however.). Also, watch the step-down to the bathroom!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I love the carriage house atmosphere. I really feel like we are staying someplace unique.
Liked least: Climbing up to the bed but owner says she might purchase a step stool.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing