“Stay Cool & Sleep Well”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

kenandmax...
San Angelo, Texas
“Stay Cool & Sleep Well”
Reviewed 28 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Our weekend included two couples. We are all early risers; however, we all overslept on both days--it's a comfy house!

The house is clean and roomy with a large kitchen, three bedrooms, and two bathrooms. One bathroom has a tub/shower combo and the other bathroom is en suite and features a nice shower (no tub). The bedrooms are spacious, and the beds are comfy with nice, soft linens. The bedrooms also have televisions that are a snap to use (yes, there is cable).

We read a review that mentions that the decor is dated. Our opinion is that the decor is appropriate for the style of the home. The house is charming and styled nicely. Importantly, it is clean, it is fully furnished with supplies and toiletries, and it is pet friendly.

The den has a place to stretch out and lounge, a big screen tv, and a large round table where you and your guests can play cards or board games.

The house is located behind Hondo's, but we could only hear music if we were on the porch.

PROS:

The house stays cool! The wooden shutters (on the inside) must get some of the credit for the temp control. We did not ever feel hot in this home. Plus, there are ceiling fans if you want an added breeze. We've stayed in other homes that took at least 20 minutes to cool down.

For us, the spacious rooms and higher ceilings also add to the comfort. Some homes are overdone and cluttered with low ceilings, which make them feel like caves. If you are sensitive to that, you will likely feel comfortable here as this home is spacious and comfortable.

CON:

No WiFi. Because the rooms are so comfy, the property could almost earn a fifth star with WiFi.

The property across the street looks rough. Even so, we had no problems with the tenants.

Management Response
8 Aug 2017
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Breedlove,

I really appreciate the two of you taking the time to write a very thorough review of your stay at Marketplatz Manor. I've not doubt that it will be extremely helpful for other guests.

I did want to mention though, that the house actually does have wireless internet. I'm sorry that you were not aware of this, as I'm sure it would have made your stay even better.

Know that I have passed along your comments to the home's owner and housekeeper, as they always enjoying receiving guest feedback.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Regards,

Nathan
cw77494
Houston, Texas
“Great location, nice size, but needs a couple of things...”
Reviewed 20 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We just returned from a two night stay at Marketplatz Manor. I would rate this house between average and very nice. The best thing about the house is that it is located right behind Hondos. The location is awesome! The house is spacious and can accommodate a large group (we were two couples and our kids). The backyard is spacious, but there is just grass (no tables, chairs, patio). I have been renting houses in Fredericksburg for the last 10 years about 1-2 times per year. This would probably not be one of my favorites for 2 reasons: 1. It does not have internet access. I never even thought to ask if the property had internet because I assumed they all do because I have always been given a wifi password with a rental. 2. The house has nice furnishings (furniture, towels, etc) but everything is super outdated. I understand that many of the Fredericksburg houses stay with he traditional decor of an old German town, but it just felt like they decorated the house 10 or 20 years ago and never did an update.

Overall, I would recommend this house to a friend. I would tell them about the internet and decor, but the location and reasonable rates makes this one that should be considered.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location
Liked least: no internet
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing