“Cottage Stay”

Ranked #5 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Cottage Stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Country Cottage. We stayed in cottage 22. It was very nice and rustic all in one. The furnishings were very nice. The property is far enough away from the city to be peaceful - but close enough to enjoy the museums, shopping and restaurants. The cottage was clean and comfortable. Contained small refridge & microwave. Nice place to run away from the city for a breathing break. At night time - around 6pm the deer come out along with the cows. Very relaxing. We would go back.

Room Tip: Separate cottages I think are the best!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Houston
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Cottages are clean, air conditioned and homey with
Modern comforts. Lovely setting with deer, elk , cattle on property. Nighttime star watching from rocking chair on
Porch. Kids loved it too. People very friendly. Town about 10min.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lkh525
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great place just 10 minutes outside of town, but definitely in the country. Fireplace was great (and needed as it was cold), but I think they need to check the design - it should draw the smoke out more (without the need to crack the window). Also could have used more in the way of paper products (napkins or a roll of paper towels) and plastic cutlery, and the coffee pot was noisy and slooooow (cabin 29), but all of these things are easily fixable. Each cottage has it's own BBQ and fire pit (would be nice to throw in BBQ tools), central air and heat and nicely appointed baths. Love how they feed the deer and elk and promote the wildlife. For those who need to get away from the city for the weekend, this is the perfect place.

Room Tip: Cottage 29 is the last one on the line and hence, the most private. I think the 2 bedrooms are great...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I loved this place. Cozier than a hotel for sure, but more private than a bed and breakfast, and reasonably priced. Exactly what I was looking for. The fireplace was a great touch, which we took advantage of. It was clean, attractive, loved seeing all the animals and everything, too. The only thing though is I picked this cottage over a standalone cottage (which is what I really wanted) because the only one bedroom standalone cottage left did not have the jacuzzi tub, and this one in the dog trot did. I was really looking forward to that but when it came time to use it, the hot water was gone in like two minutes, and I waited a bit and tried again and waited and tried again and ended up stuck with an almost cool bath and half the time messing with the faucet. :/

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is an older motel that has been completely renovated. When you pull into the driveway you have a sense of nostalgia, if your expecting the feel of a chain hotel you won't have it here. The owners and staff make sure you feel right at home. The rooms are cozy and the furnishings are beautiful Texas Star, but the bedding, oh the only thing I can say is Ahhhhhhhmazing, there were four of us and we all loved them. I have never in my life felt so comfy on a mattress in my whole life. Was the closest I have felt to being on a cloud. I understand they make and sell them and when my mattress at home needs to be replaced they will be the place I go to!!! Breakfast was packaged pastries, oj and coffee. We enjoyed sitting on the porch at night just visiting!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great place to stay, convenient location, great price, clean, super friendly service!! Our new place to stay! We will definitely be coming back as our son can't wait to swim in the pool, although I think next time we will try out a cabin.

• Stayed March 2014
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Being from the city we are always looking for a wonderful spot in the country. These cottages were perfect. Six of us and our wives try to get together when we can. Being college buddies from 40 years ago this was a perfect reunion for the guys and wives. Cottages were clean and well furnished. We enjoyed watching deer, turkey, elk and cows every morning and evening. I would recommend to anyone looking to relax in a country setting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends