“Awesome, relaxing and can't wait to return!”

Country Inn & Cottages
Ranked #5 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very secluded area and not crowded. Enjoy the views, deer and elk. Very relaxing rocking on the porch looking at the stars. Cottages are amazing, clean, comfortable. Making plans for a return visit with family members.Swimming pool available for children. Able to roam 200 acres.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed here several times and sometimes I get a comfy bed that hasn't broken down and other times I get a bed that has broken down (like this last stay and the time before this) and I leave with a back ache! And it's been 3 days and I still haven't received credit for the $35 pre-auth charge. And My coffee maker that I reserved wasn't in my room. I had to ask for it. Really wish you'd buy Sleep Number beds from me ! I'd pay you more for the stay if you had them!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in Cottage #26 along with 2 of our sisters and their husbands. The king size beds in the rooms were great. The pull out sofa bed was actually a Full, not Queen and was about what we expected from a sofa bed. The bathroom was very nice and had a jacuzzi tub and rainfall shower head. We absolutely loved the front porch and spent most of our time at the cabin sitting there watching the deer & elk that hung around early morning and late evening. One of the guys feeding the animals actually took my brother in law on a tour of the ranch. The check in was smooth and for checkout you simply drop your key in a box. The breakfast vouchers to places in town were great. We used ours at Rathskellers for lunch (food was awesome). We were in town for the horse races and were also given free admission tickets to it as well when we checked in. It was a very enjoyable weekend getaway that we all loved! My husband and I will definitely be making many more trips to this awesome place!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very friendly, caring and helpful staff, easy reservations, very, very clean rooms and comfortable beds. Grounds are kept very clean and pool is excellent on a hot Fredricksburg day. We enjoy staying here because it's small enough to care about you but big enough to take care of your ervery need......Highly recommend staying here!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed in one of the motel rooms. The location was quiet but still convenient to the downtown area. The room was cozy, clean and most important for summer time in Texas, the AC was cool. The price was great and the young lady on duty was very helpful when we asked for recommendations for restaurants. The only negative issues we encountered was a very short shower curtain on a broken rod and the tight parking area by our room. I'm sure we could have called to have the shower problem rectified but it was late and we were tired. Overall, it was a great price and a great stay. We would definitely stay here again. We may try one of the cabins next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for the second time. It is clean, quiet, and very nice. We would stay again. The room was a little damp when we first arrived but when we turned down the ac it fixed that. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

There are so many good things to say about the cottage we stayed in I dont have time to list them all. One of many private cottages on 200 acres. Perfect western/antique decor! It screams Texas, and thats what we love! Sat on our rustic porch in our rockers and watched the deer and elk pass by each evening. Comfortable king bed. Slept like a baby. Had every amenity we needed. Will definitely stay here again and if you like rustic decor...I highly recommend!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple