“I would not recommend if you have expectations”

Motel 6 Fredericksburg
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Austin, Texas
“I would not recommend if you have expectations”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

While this is one of the better Motel 6 branches I've had the displeasure of staying at, that's still not saying much about the location and management. I had few qualms about the rooms; they were simple and fairly clean, smelling faintly musky. My issue was with the management. I don't take kindly to rude management, and they certainly were. Perhaps their crass, unfounded and inappropriate demeanor stemmed from a language barrier. Frankly, I don't care to return to find out. Too say there are better locations to stay when visiting Fredericksburg is an understatement.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank smarie85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I like to support family-run places, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this place is so managed. Rooms were basic but new and relatively clean. The location is convenient to downtown Fredericksburg, so it's a good option for those just passing through. The coin-operated self-service guest laundry was also a plus.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mesocyclone2011
Maypearl, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My wife and I have finally hit the "empty nest syndrome" and enjoying our weekend getaways. Our most recent trip was to South CentralTexas/Fredericksburg. We had a blast! Our trip was even made better by staying at Motel 6, whom which, Dirsha and her husband, JP, welcomed us as family and tended to our every need. The room was very clean and comfortable, while the staff, attentive. We will look forward to staying with our extended family , anytime we are in the area. Thanks again to Dirsha and JP. We look forward to seeing you both, later on in the fall. Love n Hugs....farmer joe and christine maypearl, texas.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maypearlkats
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2011

All hotels/motels in this area seem to jack up their prices during special events. We paid a Priceline rate of $90 per night. The rooms is not worth it however there were no vacancies. The owner is very nice and helpful. However, the front reception did smell like the food they were cooking. The rooms are very clean but typical Motel 6. I'm not a fan of Motel 6 but at least this location provided clean rooms conveniently located to where we need to be. I would recommend this place only if there were no other options in town.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JRsNeighbor
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I don't know what it is about Fredericksburg. I guess they want everyone to stay in B&Bs, because the quality medium priced hotels you easily find in other cities are just not there (unless you're willing to spend $130 or more a night). After having stayed at the Peachtree (never again) and several other local, non-chain hotels, we thought we would try the Motel 6, and actually changed reservations to go there after booking at the Quality Inn and then cancelling after reading about it on TripAdvisor (thank you all). This was first and my last Motel 6. Now, in it's defense, I do have to say the hotel was very clean. That's about it. It looks like they used the cheapest materials on the planet to build it, but maybe they all look they way. My biggest problem was the price. If they'd charged $70 a night, I could have lived with it. But it turned out to cost , with tax, $103.00, which it is not worth. I also got upset when I checked in and they told me they were going to charge me an additional $6.00 for the second person in the room, something I have never before encountered (I booked on-line and didn't hit the correct drop down menu, and listed 1 person, in my haste). It was a room with a king-sized bed, what was the extra $6.00 for? The beds were made of foam, and harder than a rock. At any rate, I will never go there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pcintx_8
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Nice clean room, good beds. Best Motel 6 I have ever been in.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Its very new and off the main drag, but have since stayed at another hotel in town and believe me this was much better and way cheaper.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple