“Very Unhappy”

Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
San Antonio, Texas
“Very Unhappy”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I planned a weekend Christmas trip for my parents to Fredericksburg. I reserved 4 rooms (2 night stay) about a month prior to our visit. After receiving the confirmation numbers for each room and giving them my credit card number to hold the 4 rooms, I thought all was good. When we arrived there, we were told that we no longer had rooms because someone had tried to call to make sure we were still coming but could not reach me. The person who I had spoken to when making the reservations apparently wrote my phone number incorrectly.
I asked why checking was even necessary if they had my credit card number and I had their confirmation numbers for the room. Wouldn't they had billed me for the room if I had been a no show? The manager had no response to that.
He say that he would call the Motel 6 in Kerrville to check for room availability! Yes, Kerrville.
When I told him that it wasn't acceptable, he told me that he would call motels in Fredericksburg to check if anybody had 4 rooms available since the mistake was his. The first one he called, Quality Inn Fredericksburg, had rooms available.
We had other couple traveling with us who had booked their room separately. When told if they could opt out of their room to remain with our group, they were told that they would be charged with a one night stay.
This is a Motel 6 I will stay away from!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Philip R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Surrey
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Recently we were travelling in Texas and needed a place to stay in the town of Fredericksburg. Other motels were full by the time we arrived in the evening and we were referred to the Motel 6 on South Washington Street. What a great place to stay. The outside was well maintained with roses growing and the parking lot was well lit at night. Inside the motel was very clean and bright throughout. Our room was large and contained a small fridge which was really handy. The owners were on site and were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the town and motel so much we stayed a second night. Yes, the price was excellent as well and the location very close to the shops and restuarants. As a retired health department inspector I have no hesitation recommending this motel.

Room Tip: We liked the 2nd floor as there no one above us.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tim3301
Houston, TX
Reviewed 6 November 2012

If you recognize that Motel 6 is designed to be a "budget" alternative, you will not be disappointed with this property. Visited Fredericksburg during an especially busy weekend, & none of our regular choices were available. So we grabbed Motel 6 specifically because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor & we were not disappointed. It is a newer property & management keeps it spotless & in good condition. In fact, it was much cleaner & in better condition than some of the other far more expensive chain hotel choices we have stayed at in town. We prefer a little more upscale offereing, but would not hesitate to pick this Motel 6 again, if the need arose.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank smvhou
Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is the nicest Motel 6 I have stayed in. Everything was clean and well kept. It has indoor cooridoors and an elevator, which were helpful to my aging parents. No frills, but quiet and close to Main Street. The only cons were smoky hallways (not the rooms) and really tacky bedspreads. We will stay here again when we are on a budget.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Family went out of their way to please. Sorry, that internet service wasn't great, but they certainly tried. Room very clean and nice. The location was very convenient and it was quiet and restful after strolling around town all day.

Room Tip: Second floor was great although we have difficulties with stairs. Elevator very convenient.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband and I had to stay here because our normal hotel was booked. This motel is supposedly new but it already looks pretty worn - paint chipped on the walls and stains. The worst thing was the pungent body-odor smell in the room. My husband said the bed was hard but the bed seemed clean and okay to me. Other reports say that the staff was rude but they seemed okay to me as we'll. I'll book my other hotel early next time.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Dddddo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We had a very nice stay at this motel 6. Our room was spotless and very comfortable.I always wear socks or something on my feet while in hotels and some places my socks look dirty but this time my socks were still white and clean. I was relieved because I can not stand filthy places.The staff was friendly and the pet area was well maintained.The prices were very reasonable and I have zero complaints about my stay here.I saw alot of other hotels that had nice patios and pools etc but I would prefer to stay somewhere nice and clean and not spend an arm and a leg and put that saved money to better use like shopping or dining on Main St!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family