“Very Relaxing”
Review of Cabins at Red Rock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cabins at Red Rock
Overland Park, Kansas
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

What a great place! Owners are very friendly and want to be sure everyone is taken care of. Food was delicious. Rooms are very nice.They even had live music from 2 very good musicians one night. Just watch out for deer if driving around there at night.

Room Tip: Be sure and watch out for deer at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Becky and Joe were great, although we didnt get to talk too much. My wife and I stayed 3 nights in the Little White House a few weeks ago. I really loved this place, small and perfect for two or even four. I really liked the way they decorated it. Nice porch to sit on in the morning and watch the deer in the field below. We never even turned on the television, bed was super soft, and breakfast brought to the front door in the morning by Becky was great. Really loved the huge blackberries. We didnt spend much time here during the day, as we were busy with other things, but it was only about a 5 minute drive to town, and a world away. Our last night, we didnt want to go to a restaurant again, so we were able to use the gas grill for steak and grilled shrimp. Joe called while we were down there cooking and asked if we wanted a fire, so he came down and in a few minutes we had a huge fire going, hung out for a little while and talked about their great place and how it came about. and enjoyed a great meal. I would definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area again.

Room Tip: I think they would all be great. Bring a bottle of wine or some snacks, or even food to cook on the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had a great relaxing stay and loved watching the deer. Breakfast was amazing each morning. Loved cabins and the stars at night were so bright with too many to number. Very glad I discovered this piece of heaven on earth!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Georgetown
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed two nights during the wine tour and cannot recommend the place highly enough. We were in the Little White House, but I looked in all the cabins. Each was uniquely decorated, and they all had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. We enjoyed visiting with Becky and Joe, who built us a roaring fire in the outdoor gathering area both evenings. We will certainly be staying at the Tonkawaya B abd B next time we visit Fredricksburg.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I discovered this B&B four months ago while browsing on TripAdvisor, looking for ideas to propose to my girlfriend somewhere in Texas (as she loves country music and the Texan culture). Tonkawaya Ranch beat all my expectations! Here is why.

Becky & Joe are truly wonderful hosts. In July, I contacted Becky telling her that I would like to plan a surprise engagement getaway, and asking for some advice. A few days later, she sent me three sets of dates, and finally planned the most amazing surprise for my girlfriend (now fiancée!): Thomas Michael Riley (amazing guy by the way), sang "You Are My Sunshine" for her on stage, and we danced in front of 200+ people right after she said "yes"! All this thanks to Becky and Joe: they know how to make their guests feel special.

The place in one word: HEAVEN. Incredibly peaceful, and the cabins are superbly decorated. I chose the Cowboy Cabin (perfect theme for a country music getaway!), which is perfectly equipped. We particularly enjoyed the rocking chairs on the front porch: a perfect place to have a peaceful breakfast. There is a TV in the room, but there's no need to turn it on when you can gaze at the stars. The bed was also very comfortable - there's nothing I would change!

Breakfast is delicious. We stayed two nights and had 2 different types: eggs and bacon roll, muffin and strawberry with cream on Saturday; patty, cinnamon roll and blackberry with cream on Sunday. If you are vegetarian like my fiancée, just mention it while booking and Becky will be happy to give you a veggie option.

I thus highly recommend this B&B and we will never forget this weekend. If you want a perfect getaway in the countryside, this is the place to be. We traveled for more than 10 hours from Mexico to discover this place, and it was really worth it! I should mention that I decided to book this trip because of this wonderful B&B and for the engagement plan, not because of Fredericksburg, but the town and its surroundings are absolutely worth the trip too: you will not be disappointed. Do not hesitate to contact Becky if you want to surprise your better half: she did so much to help me setting up this engagement plan, I cannot thank her enough. It couldn't have been more perfect!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I had a wonderfully relaxing time at Tonkawaya. The cabin was cozy and well-appointed, with soft sheets and a perfect-weight quilt for fall nights. We especially appreciated the foam pillows!

We have stayed at some Hill Country ranches where you have to get way out of town to feel like you are in the heart of the country. Tonkawaya manages to feel like you've traveled down a dirt road for miles, when in fact, Fredericksburg is an easy 10-minute drive away. While we did do dinner in town, next time I think we will bring diiner in order to spend as much time as possible on the cabin porch. Breakfast was homemade and delicious-- perfect portions for me, although admittedly, my husband could have had a bit more.

Fall was a great time to visit, but I would bet the Cowboy Tub is a blast in the summer and I could just see amazingly warm fires and s'mores in the winter time. We will certainly be back.

Orange, Texas
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and myself spent the weekend at Tonkawaya Ranch. I believe that was our 8th or 9th visit to Tonkawaya. We love it so much, we just keep going back! It is the most relaxing place. Individual cabins (there are 6 of them) that are exquisitely furnished (beds, linens, towels), and include a kitchenette. The owners, Becky and Joe, are the best. They not only treat their repeat guests like family, they treat EVERYONE like family. And Becky's breakfasts, that are delivered to your door every morning promptly at 9:00 a.m., are scrumptious!

This past weekend (September 27th - 29th) marked the 4th anniversary for Tonkawaya and all of the guests were treated to a delicious BBQ and live Texas country music by Debbi Walton and Donnie Price.

Tonkaways is located only 7 miles from downtown Fredericksburg. Fredericksburg is a great place to visit, there are so many things to do. Shopping, festivals, markets, wildflowers, and great Texas country music! Becky is very helpful in giving advice on the many activities that are going on. She is the "knower of all"!

If you are looking for a beautiful, relaxing, family-oriented B&B in Fredericksburg, please consider Tonkawaya Ranch. You won't be sorry! And we can't wait to plan our next trip there.

Room Tip: We love the "Little White House", but all of the cabins are fabulous!
1 Thank jshw