“Best Breakfast in Years.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sunset Grill
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Breakfast is served all of the time! Best breakfast in Fredericksburg, TX. Set in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, the Sunset Grill features inspired dishes using the freshest ingredients from local growers to create a memorable dining experience. When you experience our cuisine, attentive service and friendly atmosphere we believe we'll become one of your favorite places to dine. We invite you to come in and see what makes us one of the most popular restaurants in the Hill Country. Sunset Grill - A Classic American Bistro.
Cypress, Texas
“Best Breakfast in Years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I have a second home in Fredericksburg and sometimes we like to go out for breakfast. We wanted something new so after reading reviews we decided to try Sunset. So glad we did. Had the California Omelet. Everything from the wheat toast to the home fried potatoes to the size of the portions to the top notch bacon and avocados, it was delicious and fresh. The people that work there are kind and professional but down to Earth friendly. I cannot wait to return and try every thing on the menu. To close this, my husband is not a person that enjoys eating out and he said he looked forward to returning and ordering their salmon breakfast item. I nearly fell over!!!

• Visited February 2014

Boerne, Texas
“A place to return to again and again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Three friends and I ate our mid-day meal at the Sunset Grill recently in Fredericksburg (in the heart of the Hill Country). We were practically "purring" throughout our meal; the omelets, potatoes, sausage and other specials were so wonderful. I had the California Omelet and thought I'd "died and gone to Heaven!" Yes, it was THAT GOOD! It's a kind of "homespun" kind of place and also has a fine wait staff who are very accommodating. Best advice for you: Next time you're in Fredericksburg, have breakfast or lunch here. And be sure and try Woerners Feed Store for the other meal. It really did used to be a Feed Store! It's owned by the same people as the Sunset Grill and has just as good food. You do order there at the counter, but everything that comes out of the kitchen is as good and fresh as can be.

• Visited January 2014
Austin, Texas
“Great start to a morning!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

On a recent trip to Fredericksburg we chose to have breakfast here because of the good reviews we'd read. We were not disappointed; it was a great start to our day. We will eat there again. That said, know that the atmosphere is "uneven"; by that I mean, it was cute & retro-ish, wonderfully bright, and cheerful, however, some attention to maintenance detail would be a real plus . . . the ceiling appears to have had leaks or some kind of issues and the 'nooks and crannies' could use some detail cleaning. It's an older building, hence the charm, but with more professional attention to maintenance detail, I would easily have rated it "excellent." Despite being "short" on building maintenance we would rate the food, prices, and certainly the service as "excellent." We enjoyed omelets and bottomless cups of coffee. Our server was attentive and polite. They didn't have skim milk but I can "forgive" them that although would recommend they consider stocking it in the future. The Sunset Grill is charming and has potential to be exceptional.

Houston, Texas
“Amazing Breakfast, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a nice little restaurant that doesn't look like much from the outside but really packs a punch with their service and food on the inside. My husband had the Big A** Sandwich and I had the chorizo omelet (can't remember the menu name for it) with toast and homemade potatoes that were seasoned perfectly. We didn't feel rushed even though it was a busy Sunday morning, and our waiter did a great job to follow up on us. Prices were decent, and you can order all menu items and all times of the day. Parking spaces are few, but you can park at the adjoining hotel for free with no chance of being towed.

Lake Jackson, Texas
“What's the big deal?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was quite underwhelmed with the place after reading glowing reviews. We went for breakfast on a beautiful cold December morning. The inside has been described as charming. I'd call it bleak and unattractive, and unimaginative. horrible chairs. ..Some odd covered square shapes on the ceiling - an attempt at art, or soundproofing. .We opted for booths in the back.
Lots of hard surfaces, very little softening in the decor - but it wasn't too loud at that hour.
Coffee was ok.. .they do sever Oak Farms half and half with it.
I had crab cakes entree. They were ok. They supposedly came with slaw. .I got salad instead but it was ok too, and fresh.
I took a chance and ordered grilled tomatoes - risky in December, I know ..what came out was soggy slices that tasted like rancid grill top oil .. .. with chunks of black stuff too.
My husband had the senorita omelet and said it was quite tasty. We split the fries. and they are those really skinny ones, and yes, they are good. Just skinny, that's all. No aioli with them, even though it was advertised.
I saw four people doing bussing and waitressing in a restaurant that seated maybe ..30? They seemed to stay busy, but not harried. However, our waitress was competent and unsmiling and I had trouble getting her attention to order toast. My coffee was refilled once.
It's an ok place. No, I'd not bother to return - menu is too limited. Maybe 6-8 items on breakfast list.
Waitress who filled our coffee was wearing leggings with nothing over them. Husband liked the food, but he was bemused by that waitress weaing "underwear" as he called it.